Will Petronas pull the plug in March 2016? Was Grant's prediction true?

Yes sir. Its a beautiful Sunday afternoon. :smiley:

I wonder what Petronas thinks of the carbon pricing hike that Christy promised not to raise!??

Petronas “categorically denies” it is looking at selling its stake in PNW LNG.

1 Like

LOL so funny do you even read the stories you link to? the price will be $10 a tonne, BC already charges $30 a tonne so explain how this might worry Petronas?

Did u read ?? $50 a tonne by 2022!! Open ur eyes!

4 Likes

3 Likes

This is an easy fix for the province…they can give more tax credits to offset the gouging by the federal government as this is what they already do in regards to the carbon tax…believe me there are ways for the province to get around a tax like the one the federal government is proposing, especially considering BC is the only province right now even charging a carbon tax, they already are well into the ball game.

This announcement likely impacts BC the least considering that BC has been operating with a carbon tax for many years now…yet BC is still the #1 economy in the country with one of the lowest unemployment rates.

There are “discussions” going on right now. He has stirred the pot and is sitting back and watching what he created. Turmoil and bickering. (in his mind anyway)
When it all settles down and there is not a post for a while he will pipe back in. -That is my prediction.

Again you are not reading more than what you want to see. This only happens if the provinces don’t fall into line. As mentioned by @Jabber63 BC already charges $30 a ton. even at $50 a ton that is such a tiny amount its probably not even on the radar for them. It like budgeting for salt and pepper in your yearly food budget.

2 Likes

Petronas just got sued for $74 billion US dollars, Petronas and Exxon ripped-off Africa and didn’t pay royalties.

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2016/10/07/exxon-slapped-with-us$74bil-fine---petronas-also-named-in-the-case/

That’s nice. :alien:

dang almost want to make me post the link from the National post saying Petronas still has a good chance of building because when it is built there should be a need for the LNG, nah I won’t LOL

1 Like

Australia…“No LNG revenue for decades” or never,

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/turnbull-government-called-on-to-explain-where-australias-offshore-gas-wealth-is-going-20161009-gryaoi.html

coming soon to B.C. courtesy BC Liberal sellouts…

Lol… You just hate the fact your prediction date was wrong.

1 Like

Yup. He won’t admit he was wrong. I like to have some popcorn and watch the ongoing train wreck.

2 Likes

hold it did he predict Donald Trump would win the US presidency? LOL :slight_smile:

1 Like

Petronas is gone…they’ve been gone since last year…

@Gracie’s mom…you are blathering about a date?

BC LNG is dead…Australia is losing money on LNG and will lose money for decades…Australia will never get the money back they are paying for the terminals(Plant write-offs).

LNG in BC is dead…And that is a good thing

Wishful thinking on your part. But then again not surprising coming from someone who supports the no jobs plan NDP. We shall see who has the last laugh. Bet it will be me. Oh and Grant G, you are the one who made the prediction that it would be over March 2016. You’re the one who made the original post. http://business.financialpost.com/news/energy/lng-markets-could-return-to-balance-by-2021-and-spur-second-wave-of-opportunity-analyst?__lsa=a867-cfb4

Between you and Murray Kristoff.

I read this in Donald Trump’s voice.