Where are you posting from?

I was a student at CHSS, to clear it up.

I barely lasted two years in Rupert. As sad as this sounds, I enjoyed Kitimat more than Rupert.
Anyhow… Im in Vancouver now.

you big city folk are definitly a strange breed. I cant stand driving through let alone living in the ant hill that is vancouver.

strange breed > inbreed

I guess it’s a matter of taste. I can’t see how anyone can stand living in a town where you have to drive two hours to get to something as simple as a Wal Mart, and you have to fly two hours to see anything like a concert by a world-class band or a game with a major sports franchise.

For me, I like something in between–someplace where you can easily access a city like Vancouver anytime you want, but you don’t have to live there and put up with all the problems that the city throws at you 24/7.

[quote=“Stardog Champion”]

For me, I like something in between–someplace where you can easily access a city like Vancouver anytime you want, but you don’t have to live there and put up with all the problems that the city throws at you 24/7.[/quote]

I am actually looking for the same thing… only not vancouver because I hate it. I am considering moving over to vancouver island sometime this year, which should be a nice balance between the convienience of a nearby city with the isolation of rupert.

[quote=“jesus”]

For me, I like something in between–someplace where you can easily access a city like Vancouver anytime you want, but you don’t have to live there and put up with all the problems that the city throws at you 24/7.[/quote]

I am actually looking for the same thing… only not vancouver because I hate it. I am considering moving over to vancouver island sometime this year, which should be a nice balance between the convienience of a nearby city with the isolation of rupert.[/quote]

Yeah, I lived in Victoria for five years. I quite liked it there. If there was some way I could’ve gotten to Vancouver a bit more easily, it would have been perfect. I personally hated the isolation of Rupert, but that’s just my personal taste.

BTW: just out of curiosity, what is it about Vancouver you don’t like?

Speaking of big cities and small towns, true story:

I was just down at Sev with someone who shall remain nameless (other than the fact that she’s never lived in a small town and just moved here from Toronto).

Her: I guess they get a lot of flooding in Prince Rupert this time of year?
Me: Why do you say that?
Her: Well, why else would they be selling sandbags at 7-11?

[quote=“jesus”]

I am actually looking for the same thing… only not vancouver because I hate it. I am considering moving over to vancouver island sometime this year, which should be a nice balance between the convienience of a nearby city with the isolation of rupert.[/quote]

Move to Parksville… Nanaimo is only a 15 min drive away, and it’s a friendly little community… if you like all the old people. Their summers are great, and there’s tons of business opportunities starting up all the time.

BTW: just out of curiosity, what is it about Vancouver you don’t like?[/quote]

well besides the fact I love the wilderness, theres the crime (its getting pretty bad there… and here). the fact that unless you are rich you live 2ft away from your neighbors, constant traffic to get anywhere, too many stores for my girlfriend to spend my money at :wink: and really nothing of interest to me there. I mean science world and all that are pretty cool but tats more of a once a year go take a look thing.

The fact you cant really go anywhere to get privacy sucks too, I just like to be able to get away from people for a while, thats why i used to go on 2wk camping/canoeing trips. It’s also one of the big reasons I want to leave kelowna.

Oh and smartass as for parksville, I would consider it… been there a few times but I need to find work before I move :wink:

good ol’ Iowa (thats the farming capital of the US) Go Hawkeyes!!!

That Minus 27 B-].
I’ve only Lived in Rupert for Four years, even though before that I was down almost every weekend anyway.
Whoo Hoo for Being Thirteen!

Now residing in Grande Prairie! 

Birmingham, Alabama

How does one live in Prince Rupert, and then move to Birmingham?

I was born in rupert, then before i was 1 we moved to florida until i was 7 then moved back to rupert. My dad was in a band and toured the US and met my mom in tennesee at a concert. My moms from alabama and I have more relitives that live in the states.

posting in rupert haha

I am posting on a laptop in my living room in my undies on a futon watching Munich in Victoria which is the capital of British Columbia in the great country of Canada in which I live on Richmond Avenue near the Royal Jubilee Hospital.

Rock on. don’t listen to AC/DC because they’re crap.

I post out of Prince Rupert:-)

I post in a different room of the same tenement that I was inhabiting when I made my first post in this thread.