What kind of business do u think Prince Rupert needs?

The reason for that decision was with the intersection and the lights would cause much grief regarding traffic. I seem to remember a gas station there but anyway that was the call by city hall.

Hop on board the train!  Bring a family restaurant chain to Rupert!  Nothing too pricey as most people here don’t have the a lot of money.  Maybe something like a White Spot or Red Robin.  I’m always looking for a place to take kids that has good food and isn’t too expensive.  I know many of my friends are in the same boat.  Hell, even another fast food place, besides McDonalds, would be welcome!

I’ve always thought that a red robin would have a perfect location across from the tatoo place - too bad pizza hut took it  :stuck_out_tongue:

I love thier Iced Tea!!

need a boston pizza instead of pizza hut

Buy me out. $300K. I’ll move to Rupert and open a Chevron/TripleO (White Spot) you can enjoy a real BC burger.
3 more weeks I can have one too, at the Chevron in Hope. Can’t stand waiting in line and listening to what yukky pasta thing is today’s special at a big White Spot.

Glad to see i got some juices flowin’!!!Well all good ideas!!!Paintball is best played in our woodland paradise!!!Family Resturant is my dream!A place where familys can have comfort food and fun!!!I could make this work!!So one other question i need to know!!!What kind of food and theme would u like to experience with ur family??Buffet style,Dennys style,pirate style,something kids and parents can enjoy!!!I would like to make it without using a brand name!!As Rupert is unique and i belive with good value and good food could bring familys out for dinner.Just other idea i need brainstorming on!!!Thanks HTMF!!!Cheers!!!

chuck e cheese style  :smiley:

or half bar half restaurant with babysitting in restaurant and you can watch your kids from the bar on tvs  :smiley:

Woodsball is for the woods,  unfortunately our weather does not permit regular play,  so Indoor would be great. 
There is speedball,  which is kinda fun,  not everyones cup a tea.
An indoor,  tactical type field would do great here,  it encompases both tactical woodsball and speedball.

bar with babysitting…sounds tacky, I personally wouldnt use that sort of service - but maybe others will.  
I’ve never been to a chuck-e-cheese, but I hear they’re fun.

Does Rupert really need another restaurant? We need affordable things to do out of the rain  :smiley: Wouldn’t it be geat if someone would buy the bowling alley and revamp it?  Turn it into a combo of 5 and ten pin, have a games center for the kids, bring in some pool tables and then you have the bar/restaurant area.  On nice weekends, they could have outdoor BBQ,s, rent the space for parties and special events, have pool and maybe dart tournies.  The possibilities out there are endless, just need a buck or two or ten  :confused:

restaurant with babysitting not bar .

yea the bowling alley would be great . get rid of half the lanes revamp the bar to have restaurant and arcade as well

Both my kids cried at Chuck E Cheese. Big ugly rat that sings Elvis stuff…aaaaiiieeee!
4 yr old described the pizza as nasty. Smart for that age!

Well, we do have lots of restaraunts… I’d say go for an entertainment type place, combine arcade type things, with food as well. Kind of like Ziggys used to be before it closed. I miss Ziggys. I miss Air hockey!!! We need more indoor stuff like that for sure.

If you could combine the family dining idea, with a game place, like Chucky cheese, but minus the evil rat and cheesy (pardon the pun) themed stuff, that would be awesome. It’s not just familys that want to get out and have a fun place to go for a date haha.

Things may have changed since I left but when I did there were plenty of restaurants in rupert but the cuisine was we’ll say very distinctly prince rupert. Which is a nice way of saying really kind of piss poor in regards to flavor, variety and presentation (unless you like fish).

I’m no food critic but when my food is weird pastel colors or has pools of grease from melted cheese (I assume) I am somewhat turned off.

I think there were two places in rupert that actually took the time to prepare and present their food in an appropriate manner. The rest were scary.

But it rained lots during all the war movies i’ve seen???Just pokein fun!!!lol!!!

The Bowling ally would be very expensive as it needs a ton of work.I tried before it closed but the repairs and upgrade would take more than i own!!!

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]
Well, we do have lots of restaraunts… I’d say go for an entertainment type place, combine arcade type things, with food as well. Kind of like Ziggys used to be before it closed. I miss Ziggys. I miss Air hockey!!! We need more indoor stuff like that for sure.[/quote]

I agree - don’t think we need more restaurants. Not right now anyway.

Some sort of entertainment thing - indoors. Clean enough and monitored enough to be family friendly and cool enough to attract teens. Air hockey, wii, pool tables, darts, etc.

It would need to be darn cool to ensure that everyone would follow rules and etiquette so they don’t get banned.

Big carrot - big stick. Huge fun!!!

The games place up on top of slickers is for sale are they not makin business???

Have you seen the crowd that hangs around there?? I’m honestly scared to go in there… This coming from a woman who worked nights at seven eleven. LOL

we need a real good east Indian restaurant.