Re: New store in the mall

Of course since you seem reluctant to tell us what the store is I suppose it wouldn’t be unexpected for you to tell us we’re wrong on a guess when we were right… just to lead us off the track.

Mike

Maybe it’s Value Future World …

[quote=“CrazyMike”]Of course since you seem reluctant to tell us what the store is I suppose it wouldn’t be unexpected for you to tell us we’re wrong on a guess when we were right… just to lead us off the track.

Mike[/quote]

w000 thanks for the idea!

Or Future Drugs Village

It’s anotehr grociery store :cry:

future drugs village sounds kind of fun

want your old job back do you?

I hope we don’t get a Value Village. I like to buy new clothes unless its a tacky tourist party or something. A Winners I could handle.

It’s not a grocery store, a Future Shop, a Value Village, or a Winners.

I don’t think it’s London Drugs either. I emailed them at customer service and here’s the reply:

[quote]Dear Michael,

Thank you for contacting London Drugs with your question regarding our London Drugs plan for expansion.

Unfortunately at this time London Drugs does not have any immediate plans to be locating in the Prince Rupert or Terrace area. We are always looking for new areas to expand to and currently are opening in the North Cowichan Lake area and one in our Vancouver Marine Dr. area.

I will submit this request to our appropriate department for their information.

Once again thank you for showing interest in our company and we hope you will contact us again if you have any further questions or comments.

Sincerely,

Kathy

Customer Service Administrator

London Drugs Limited [/quote]

For goodness sake just don’t fall prey to the Prince Rupert Computer store syndrome. Every time a good computer store develops and get’s popular they suddenly forget about customer service and get all corporate. That inevitably leads to the death of thier business and the cycle starts over with a new store.

Mike

It’s not London Drugs, or a computer store. How the heck do you think a computer store would fill in all that floor space… teach “computers for dummies?” Sorry, the entire mall wouldn’t be big enough for that.

[quote=“HotmailDOTCom”]So Smartass according to you this IS a chain store that is moving into the Old SAAN spot (considering the space AND considering that this will also be occupying the old SHUTTER SHACK, PRINTS RUPERT and FOUR SEASONS, it has to be SOME sort of a Junior Box Store, because that is a PRETTY big space if you ask me).

However according to you (based on info you have provided) the store moving in is DEFINETLY NOT the following:

-Winners
-Jysk
-Futureshop
-London Drugs
-Value Village
-The Brick
-Liquidation World
-Staples
-Real Canadian Wholesale
-Wal-Mart (lol)
-Canadian Tire

[/quote]

Ok, according to you Hotmail… what have I mentioned that says it absolutely could NOT be either of these stores? Other than the fact of me blatantly naming the certain stores it isn’t, there’s ones on your list that haven’t been mentioned yet.

You people are depressing me. Losing SAAN and maybe getting Value Village, ooooh…
I always hoped if I could move to roopert it would be a step up. You’re making it sound as bad as here.
TRUE STORY: My ex loved Value Village, dragged us there every weekend when we lived in Vanc. One day I was killing time looking at all those things in plastic bags they hang on the wall. Back when you’d find a tape-drive for your old VIC20 for $1 or BETA tapes. There was a douchebag in one. No shit, swear on a Bible, they were trying to sell a used douchebag for $1.00. Obviously someone with a sense of humour or someone who didn’t know wtf it was just bagged it and tagged it!
And my daughter wouldn’t go there cuz she remembers the time she was 7 or 8 and Mom held up a pair of size 12 shoes to ask if she thought I would like them and there was dogshit stuck to the bottom.

I hear the occaisional good story about value village. For example this guy i know got a 1u rackmount apc ups with good batteries for $10

Anotehr friend of mine got a copy of windows xp pro (legitimate) for $10, about what its worth.

[quote=“CrazyMike”]

For goodness sake just don’t fall prey to the Prince Rupert Computer store syndrome. Every time a good computer store develops and get’s popular they suddenly forget about customer service and get all corporate. That inevitably leads to the death of thier business and the cycle starts over with a new store.

Mike[/quote]

Unless this syndrome is contagious, I think we’ll be OK.

Hmmm… my earlier post magically disappeared…

edit ah, it didn’t. Some little e-thugs got a hold of it. Constant reminder of how immature people can be.

i have to say, as a new person to town, the mall here leaves a little to be desired…okay, to be more direct…who the hell would destroy such a nice location with a building that has all the charm and grace of an American prison…just had to get that off my chest…i mean look at the view that place has…why are there no windows? or skylights? or a food court?

Was Staples eliminated? That’s my guess.

Because it’s cheaper to fly in a huge tin can and cut holes for doors?

Seriously those metal buildings are really cheap and that’s most likely the reason the owners built it that way. Do you really think they give a shit about the “shopping experience” or is it all about profit margins :wink:

Staples is in the Saan location in Terrace, so following the protocol of this game, we must assume it is not in consideration.