Re: New store in the mall

a staples would be cool …toy r us would be awesome since we have so many kids in this town

It’s not Staples.

[quote=“ThePodunkian”]

Staples is in the Saan location in Terrace, so following the protocol of this game, we must assume it is not in consideration.[/quote]

I disagree with the protocol. If the port holds as much promise as it does for population growth and economic prosperity, simply already having a store in Terrace would not stop a company from putting one here - especially a store that sells office supplies.

Edit: Okay, so assuming Smartass is truly in the know, that eliminates Staples.

[quote=“jesus”]I hear the occaisional good story about value village. For example this guy i know got a 1u rackmount apc ups with good batteries for $10

Anotehr friend of mine got a copy of windows xp pro (legitimate) for $10, about what its worth.[/quote]

Not as often as people get crabs from the $2 jammies :laughing: :laughing:

The one in PG is nutz. Crackheads and meth wierdos babbling away next to the wife of the MLA who had her Lincoln Navigator outside…

[quote=“poolboy”]

Staples is in the Saan location in Terrace, so following the protocol of this game, we must assume it is not in consideration.

I disagree with the protocol. If the port holds as much promise as it does for population growth and economic prosperity, simply already having a store in Terrace would not stop a company from putting one here - especially a store that sells office supplies.

Edit: Okay, so assuming Smartass is truly in the know, that eliminates Staples.[/quote]

Staples in PG killed all the stationery stores and copy shops all the way to Burns Lake. It woulda killed mine too if I could have got out of the copier contract!
(now I have people tell me they only charge 39c for color copies and I’m a ripoff. I have to tell them to go ahead and spend $50 on gas and go t0 Staples then)

I heard from an insider in the gossip-monger shakers-and-movers circle. Something like Save-On foods lol

…of course…it’s still just a rumour lol :confused:

I’m going to have to guess it’s Liquidation World.

liquidationworld.com/

If there had infact been a mall meeting today… I might have been able to answer you!

But alas, it was postponed until next week.

We need an update here of all those options we have tossed into the garbage as unlikely, somebody with better recall than I should give us the list, so we can get back to our favourite parlour game, who’s comin’ to the Mall!

sorry smartass…with less then 50 % of the mall closed up i think you are being miss lead.   
I dont think anything is happening in the mall… i think the mall is worried about lossing more buisness then gaining buisness and fabricated the story about interested buisness owners.
see the Store owners who I’m are thinking, we don’t have the foot traffic like we did 20 years ago should we move out to 3 rd ave, plus the rent is so high its hard to cover the over head.
The owners of the mall now this and they don’t want to lose anyone else, so what do they do they say to the established business owners don’t worry we have people who are interested in opening store front in the mall, but we cant tell you who they are and we cant tell you when they are moving in…sounds fishy to me… Have you gone past Saans store nothing is being done in it no preparation no nothing if you’re a business you would want to open up before summer starts ….I just think you people are being told what you wana hear that the mall will be ok again…lol…

Rent in the mall is no problem… if you’re a chain and a bonafide mall store.  It’s just the lil guys that are independant that have a hard time fronting the bill and making enough to cover it.

Well ain’t that just what we need - Easy Home is a home furnishing rental outfit - and has been convicted of charging interest higher than allowed in Canada - of all the businesses in Rupert we could actually use, we get crooks.

Where the heck did they hear that from?  That’s a new one to me.  :confused:

Liquidation World?

Somebody is using insider information!!!

Does that mean I win?

Can I get a yes or no on Liquidation World?

They have a liquidation world in PG? Where is it located?

Mike

In their own separate building I believe, at 1303 - 3rd Avenue.  I remember driving past it when I was there a month ago.

Liquidation World was the store I was talking about taking up Saan’s, Shutter Shack and Four Season’s Flowers, but nothing has been confirmed or even mentioned since a meeting at the beginning of April.

[quote=“smartass”]
In their own separate building I believe, at 1303 - 3rd Avenue.  I remember driving past it when I was there a month ago.[/quote]

That explains why I never noticed. I go there a few times a year for work but stay out near College Heights because it’s closer to the gun range. I don’t spend much time in town if I can help it.

Mike

yah it would nice to get a london drugs in our mall or old navy but meh i guess not ohwell…