Like a crab in a tall pot, SPCA finds itself in hot water!

Yikes, from e mail attacks to acutal bomb threats, the Prince Rupert SPCA found itself under attack over a fundraising plan.

The Story even made it to land locked Alberta.

dailyheraldtribune.com/default.lasso

PRINCE RUPERT, B.C. (CP) - The Prince Rupert SPCA has called off a crab boil to raise money after encountering overwhelming opposition.

Spokeswoman Lorie Chortyk said some people were very vehement in their opposition to the feast.

An animal-rights protester on Thursday threatened to bomb the SPCA’s Prince Rupert shelter.

A day earlier, the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society launched an international protest campaign.

The crab boil was scheduled for Aug. 27 at Mariner’s Park in Prince Rupert. The Crabbers Association of Prince Rupert had offered live crabs - at $10 each - to be boiled alive and eaten.

Chortyk received so many protest e-mails that her computer crashed.

She said most of the e-mails reasonably expressed why people were opposed to boiling crustaceans alive. But some were ‘‘vitriolic and vicious.’’

Chortyk said she did some research on crustaceans and whether they felt pain.

‘‘There was enough of a doubt that they didn’t feel pain for us to ask the Prince Rupert volunteers not to hold the event,’’ she said.

I wonder if Paul McCartney and his ex will go to Rupert to pose with the crabs?

I think you can get a cream for that.  Clears it up really quick.

So this one caller shuts it all down with his/her bullshit about blowing up the SPCA , do these idiots figure well maybe all the animals will survive . That is complete bullshit and I want the SPCA to stick to their plans and lets eat crab. Stand up and let them know we want crab , next they will be chasing down the crab fishermen and that I will pay money for . Bunch of pussy crab liberaters.

so its not cool to boil crabs but its ok to blow up a SPCA full of kitty cats and dogs…LMAO Dumb ASS’S

So i’ll quote my kid here, who sort of has this figured out.

“are these guys activists, or terrorists”

makes sense to me

I really respect the local SPCA and the great work they do.  I also respect that it’s their decision whether to hold this event or not.  We can argue about it in typical HTMF fashion, but in the end, it’s their call, not ours.

That being said, if it were MiG the Newfoundlander who had to decide between appeasing “animal rights” activists or raising money for the SPCA, then it would be an easy choice.

“Animal rights” activists want nothing but controversy and media attention.  That’s why they love these kind of things.  The irony is that they are slamming the SPCA.  The SPCA is an organization that does what the “Animal rights” activists only talk about doing.  The SPCA walks the walk, while The Sea Shepherd assholes talk the talk.

I can’t believe anybody still associates themselves with the Sea Shepherd jerks after all the crap they’ve pulled.  They don’t care about animals, they care about themselves.  Period.

Mention the name Paul Watson in Newfoundland for a good response. This is the guy who was kicked out of Greenpeace for being a jerk for his own benefit.

The Sea Shepherd Society is considered a terrorist organization by many nations (surprisingly, not by Canada). I hope the local SPCA guys took that into account when they made their decision.

Threatening and carrying out violence in the name of saving animals is just wrong.

Instead of canceling the event, how about calling the RCMP and telling them about the threats of violence? Threatening “bombings” isn’t a smart thing to do these days.

Sea Shepherds must eat crab raw???
Good Lord these people are retarded. My daughter won’t eat ‘anything with legs’ but she doesn’t try to stop other people. They should try their next campaign against those evil S American Indians who cook taratulas on a stick like weenies…

Next, the Sea Shepherd guys will be calling for an ebay boycot:

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

Turns out the “call to arms” was from Paul Watson himself:

[quote]----- Original Message -----
To: info@spca.bc.ca
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 5:43 PM
Subject: B.C. SPCA Practises Cruelty to Animals in order to raise funds to prevent cruelty to animals
Some People Just Don’t Get it!!!

What part of the word “cruelty” does the Prince Rupert chapter of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals not get?

The British Columbian SPCA Branch in Prince Rupert Practices Cruelty to Animals in order to raise funds to prevent cruelty to animals. Say again!
What strange and ridiculously weird creatures we humans are. We have an incredible ability to justify our own cruelty to the point where we can actually justify inflicting cruelty in the name of opposing cruelty.

Please drop these hypocrites a line to demonstrate your opposition to this cruel fund-raising activity.

The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Prince Rupert Branch) is planning a feast of “live crab cooked to eat or take home”.
Prince Rupert SPCA

Sunday, August 27
Noon until 5 p.m.
Mariners’ Park
Live Crab Cooked to Eat at the Park or  Cooked to Take Home - $10.00
Crab donated by Crabbers Association of Prince Rupert and processed through Aero Trading. Please come out and support the Prince Rupert SPCA per crab

Contact information for Prince Rupert SPCA:

TEL: (250) 624-2859
FAX: (250) 624-2341
hairballann@yahoo.ca
Contact e-mail for B.C. SPCA Head Office: info@spca.bc.ca

Included in SPCA mandate:

a… Care for abandoned, abused and homeless animals; (Except obviously for crab)
  b… Call attention to unacceptable practices that harm animals; (Except obviously for crabs)
  c… Encourage humane and suitable animal care;  (Except obviously for crabs)
  d… Advocate for changes in law to benefit animals; and above all
  e… Investigate and seek to prevent acts of animal cruelty (Except obviously for crabs)
Background information on acts concerning cruelty to crabs:

“Crabs used for food are subject to killing methods that would warrant felony cruelty-to-animals charges if the victims were cats, dogs, cows, or pigs. Like lobsters, crabs are often thrown into pots of scalding-hot water and boiled alive-the crabs will fight so hard against a clearly painful death that their claws often break off in their struggle to escape. Some crabs used for food are electrocuted, some are chopped up, and others are microwaved-all while they are still conscious.” fishinghurts.com/feat-crabslife2.asp
"Ultimately, Whole Foods management decided to immediately stop selling live lobsters and soft-shell crabs, saying they could not ensure the creatures are treated with respect and compassion." cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/ … 9.shtml?...

In other words, a retail food business has determined that selling live crab is inhumane but the Prince Rupert Chapter of the SPCA does not. People will do most anything for money and this certainly proves the point. [/quote]

Paul Watson is a convicted criminal in several nations, and is considered a terrorist in many other nations.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Watson

It’s too bad that his organization can strong-arm our local SPCA this way.

More information about Paul Watson (this site calls him a terrorist, and his organization terrorists):

activistcash.com/organizatio … fm/oid/347

and

activistcash.com/biography.cfm/bid/3370

More e-mail from Paul Watson:

[quote]From: Paul Watson
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 10:07 AM
Subject: BC SPCA Deals with Community Relations by Ignoring Public Concerns
BC SPCA CHOOSES TO IGNORE PUBLIC CONCERNS OVER ABUSING ANIMALS

Marina Dawson of the BC SPCA sent me a message that I should contact Lorie Chortyk about our concerns over the Crab Boil fund-raiser they are organizing. I did so and the responses that I received from Lorie below indicate that the BC SPCA is not interested in replying to our concerns. In fact Lorie did not bother to read my two messages. Instead she deleted with them without reading them. My computer has a program that tells me if the message was read or not read.

It appears strange to me that a person would be in charge of “community relations” when that person has absolutely no interest in fostering relationships with the community. Â

Lorie Chortyk has demonstrated that she holds our concerns in contempt. She has chosen to abuse animals for profit and such an individual has no business working for the SPCA.

We should demand her resignation.

Please distribute this message and urge people to contact the BC SPCA at lchortyk@spca.bc.ca

Your message

To:   Lorie Chortyk
 Subject: Some People Just Don’t Get it!!!
 Sent:  Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:16:57 -0700

was deleted without being read on Wed, 16 Aug 2006 08:58:47 -0700

Your message

To:   Lorie Chortyk; hairballann@yahoo.ca
 Subject: Response from the Prince Rupert Chapter of the SPCA on their
"humane" boiling of animals to death.
 Sent:  Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:37:29 -0700

was deleted without being read on Wed, 16 Aug 2006 08:58:47 -0700

Thank you for contacting the BC SPCA Administration Centre with your concerns regarding this event. I have forwarded your message to Lorie Chortyk, our General Manager of Community Relations, for her to follow up on. Should you wish to contact her directly, you may do so at lchortyk@spca.bc.ca, or by phone, 1-800-665-1868, extension 316. Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Marina Dawson
BC SPCA
 -----Original Message-----
 Sent: August 14, 2006 5:43 PM
 Subject: [SPAM] b.c. spca practises cruelty to animals in order to raise funds to prevent cruelty to animals

----- Original Message -----
To:Â Paul Watson
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 9:00 AM
Subject: RE: [SPAM] b.c. spca practises cruelty to animals in order to raise funds to prevent cruelty to animals

Thank you for contacting the BC SPCA Administration Centre with your concerns regarding this event. I have forwarded your message to Lorie Chortyk, our General Manager of Community Relations, for her to follow up on. Should you wish to contact her directly, you may do so at lchortyk@spca.bc.ca, or by phone, 1-800-665-1868, extension 316. Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Marina Dawson
BC SPCA
 -----Original Message-----
 Sent: August 14, 2006 5:43 PM
 Subject: [SPAM] b.c. spca practises cruelty to animals in order to raise funds to prevent cruelty to animals

Some People Just Don’t Get it!!!

What part of the word “cruelty” does the Prince Rupert chapter of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals not get?

The British Columbian SPCA Branch in Prince Rupert Practices Cruelty to Animals in order to raise funds to prevent cruelty to animals. Say again!
 What strange and ridiculously weird creatures we humans are. We have an incredible ability to justify our own cruelty to the point where we can actually justify inflicting cruelty in the name of opposing cruelty.

Please drop these hypocrites a line to demonstrate your opposition to this cruel fund-raising activity.

The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Prince Rupert Branch) is planning a feast of “live crab cooked to eat or take home”.
 Prince Rupert SPCA

Sunday, August 27
 Noon until 5 p.m.
 Mariners’ Park
 Live Crab Cooked to Eat at the Park or Cooked to Take Home - $10.00
 Crab donated by Crabbers Association of Prince Rupert and processed through Aero Trading. Please come out and support the Prince Rupert SPCA per crab

Contact information for Prince Rupert SPCA:

TEL: (250) 624-2859
 FAX: (250) 624-2341
 hairballann@yahoo.ca
 Contact e-mail for B.C. SPCA Head Office: info@spca.bc.ca

Included in SPCA mandate:

a… Care for abandoned, abused and homeless animals; (Except obviously for crab)
  b… Call attention to unacceptable practices that harm animals; (Except obviously for crabs)
  c… Encourage humane and suitable animal care; (Except obviously for crabs)
  d… Advocate for changes in law to benefit animals; and above all
  e… Investigate and seek to prevent acts of animal cruelty (Except obviously for crabs)
 Background information on acts concerning cruelty to crabs:

“Crabs used for food are subject to killing methods that would warrant felony cruelty-to-animals charges if the victims were cats, dogs, cows, or pigs. Like lobsters, crabs are often thrown into pots of scalding-hot water and boiled alive-the crabs will fight so hard against a clearly painful death that their claws often break off in their struggle to escape. Some crabs used for food are electrocuted, some are chopped up, and others are microwaved-all while they are still conscious.” fishinghurts.com/feat-crabslife2.asp
 “Ultimately, Whole Foods management decided to immediately stop selling live lobsters and soft-shell crabs, saying they could not ensure the creatures are treated with respect and compassion.” cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/ … 9.shtml?...

In other words, a retail food business has determined that selling live crab is inhumane but the Prince Rupert Chapter of the SPCA does not. People will do most anything for money and this certainly proves the point.
[/quote]

I hear Paul Watson sleeps with prostitutes to help the crab species along

I wonder what one of these “animal rights” activists would do if they or their kids had a case of head lice? 

Paul Watson is more than welcome to cook and eat dead crabs. Nobody else I know would.

Oh wait, if they’re too big for the pot you can rip them open, gut 'em and break the shell off while they’re still alive. Then boil them. That’s more humane!
In the same sense me getting eaten by a pack of hyenas is more humane than being boiled alive with onions and sweet potatoes.

I want a program that tells me if you read my e-mail or not!

embedd a 1pixel transparent .gif file from your webserver with a unique name in the email like the spammers do.

tell me how that works, my brain is shut down for the weekend.

Doesn’t work on gmail, and probably doesn’t work on yahoo mail either – which apparently the local SPCA person uses.  Gmail and yahoo mail don’t load external images unless you tell them to do so.  So Paul Watson’s magical little program isn’t worth shit.  Neither is his e-mail.

Neither does Thunderbird unless you tell it too…

OutHouse 2006 Error 0800CCCCC19924
The recipient highlighted your message but did not open it, marked it as Junk Mail, forwarded one copy to an address in the Joint_MSNBC_HomelandSecurity database known to be used by a lawyer, then placed your message in the Trash folder.
If you wish to search the Recipient’s Trash Folder for similar discarded messages, please upgrade to OutHouse 2006 Pro