Paul Watson

It looks like the prince rupert SPCA’s good buddy mr paul watson is in some hot water (oh look how clever the reporters are) and may be doing some jail time.

cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012 … rmany.html

Also judging by the comments on the story people are not very educated on exactly what he stands for and the terrorist actions undertakes. I’m not too sure why this moron wasnt arrested in canada long ago.

edit:

context Like a crab in a tall pot, SPCA finds itself in hot water!

Go Paul, go!

Somebody has to fight for sea mammal life and he’s put his money where his mouth is for decades. Big fan of Whale Wars. Greenpeace has turned into a bunch of “safe” wussies. Paul Watson was right to leave them. They used to be influential. Radical. I can still remember the chant,

"Greenpeace is coming
They’re crazy as hell
To sail the wide ocean
In a hollowed out shell

They’ll probably get seasick
They’ll probably go blind
They’re probably on drugs
And stoned out of their minds".

Visit, seashepherd.org/

x

Whale blubber and cosmetics, let’s talk about it.

I don’t oppose people who are standing up for animal rights - because what are we without, at the very least, compassion for what we kill and the science to make it as humane as possible. Apparently the ratio of weight to the size of fish hook (harpoon) isn’t really factored in here with the whales. Kinda barbaric if you ask me. And the whale slaughter in Norway (?) is just tragic. Who the hell eats whale meat anyway? Besides, whales are going extinct. Kinda like ethics and morals in politics.

Try hunting a huntsman spider in Australia - now there’s a sport!

Aren’t you the guy who thought violence was better than democracy as a means of solving political issues?

Figures you’d support Paul Watson. Bombing SPCA BBQs is basically the same thing, right? Kill SPCA supporters because you disagree with them?

[quote=“DHCollins”]Go Paul, go!

Somebody has to fight for sea mammal life and he’s put his money where his mouth is for decades. Big fan of Whale Wars. Greenpeace has turned into a bunch of “safe” wussies. Paul Watson was right to leave them. They used to be influential. Radical. I can still remember the chant,

"Greenpeace is coming
They’re crazy as hell
To sail the wide ocean
In a hollowed out shell

Visit, seashepherd.org/

x[/quote]

Paul watson is a terrorist or at least engages in terrorist activities by ramming boats and endangering peoples lives. If I recall correctly you are from the US, perhaps Miguel should report your IP address to the department of homeland security, I’m sure they would be very interested to know you support terrorism. The guy feels crabs lives are worth more than those of the PEOPLE and ANIMALS at the SPCA and his supporters believe it is ok to threaten to bomb the SPCA over having a crab cook out fundraiser. Fuck Paul Watson and fuck you for being just as ignorant.

[quote=“DHCollins”]Go Paul, go!

"Greenpeace is coming
They’re crazy as hell
To sail the wide ocean
In a hollowed out shell

Visit, seashepherd.org/

x[/quote]

Canada Border Services, take note.

Tough crowd. But it’s no reason to be rude.

Now where did I say I favor death of anybody? If we didn’t have some kind of control in place, the oceans would be depleted of sealife in short order. Because it’s a profit driven industry and greed runs rampant in such things. Robber barons of a 100 years ago would have cut down every single tree in the west if the people hadn’t spoken up about how they were raping the land.

I support saving the whales. Sue me. But I’ve never seen a whale worth a human life. It’s still an issue that needs to be addressed. The International Whaling Comission is loaded with countries favorable to the countries who still hunt whales. So the “law” in this case does not work. Unless people like Paul Watson bring this to the public’s attention We’re going to lose something most will never know they had. He uses extreme methods, but I don’t think for a minute he would cost someone their life. It’s all bluster for the sake of publicity.

x

I guess you weren’t around the last time Paul Watson was mentioned on HTMF.

There were threats of bombing a Rupert SPCA event.

There’s nothing wrong with being a terrorist as long as you win. – Paul Watson.

Yup, sounds exactly like your “violence is better than democracy” argument :smile:

CLASSE and whole bunch of militant student activists tried that in Quebec. Low-tuition was a good cause but ruined, and the group itself are seen as amateur terrorists that only the far-left and anarchists are their only supporters.

Paul Watson is seen by many as a jackass, an asshole, and a terrorist. He should be treated as a criminal.

[quote=“PLA”]

Canada Border Services, take note.[/quote]

Nah, no need. If DHCollins really follows Paul Watson’s teachings, then he’s against immigration. Go Paul go!

Terrorist! Terrorist! He ramming our factory ship with rubber dinghy maybe to kill us all! Flee! Flee! Godzilla is coming!

I’ll retract my earlier comment of support. I was not aware he killed someone or threatened to kill someone. I wouldn’t advocate that under any circumstance, unless it was politicians. Yea, who cares then!

[quote=“DHCollins”] He uses extreme methods, but I don’t think for a minute he would cost someone their life. It’s all bluster for the sake of publicity.

x[/quote]

Intentional ramming of a ship is not bluster. It’s the act of an egomaniacal pirate who has no regard for human life.

The fuck is the media giving this guy good publicity for even the most cursory google search would reveal the sea shepherds tactics. They should be roasting him for his terrorist activities not portraying him in a good light. He and his ‘society’ have a reputation for ramming boats/attempting to ram boats… to believe in this case it was an ‘accident’ as claimed in the article is ridiculous.
ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca … on_120515/

In case you wanted to look at the types of boats they are using to ram/attempt to ram and endanger the lives of these people here you go:

seashepherd.org/who-we-are/the-fleet.html

far from a rubber dingy :wink: Clearly there are too many ignorant people with too much money who feel the need to donate to this asshat.

I really liked watching the show :smile: