Idle No More Prince Rupert Flash Mob Sunday Dec 30th 2012

I would never disrespect you by saying, look up muddled.

But the word confusion is part of it. I believe that the “idle no more movement” serves no real purpose …and people are just wanting to harper bash (personally I cant stand harper) and be part of something and demonstrate that first nations people are sick of basically how they are treated by fed, prov, municipal AND by local bands.

Are f/n people treated equally?..nope not one bit. BUT is the likes of supposed hunger striker spence the person to lead the cause???..NOPe it gives the movement zero credibility…ZERO.

So yes the whole entire story and the stories surrounding it can be very muddling on our minds

[quote=“mcsash”]
Are f/n people treated equally?..nope not one bit. [/quote]

I’m pretty sure that it is a sure sign of the apocalypse if I ever agree with anything you write. I’m moving in to my fortified concrete bunker. :smile:
Chief Spence has become a lightning rod for Harper discontent. Harper could be playing this better.

I’m moving in to my fortified concrete bunker.

Not to be insultive Hi Test…but I hope you have provisions for the apocalypse…

[quote=“mcsash”]I’m moving in to my fortified concrete bunker.

Not to be insultive Hi Test…but I hope you have provisions for the apocalypse…[/quote]

Oh no, I’m well stocked. Thanks for asking, Miksass. :smile:

t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 … ov0SqMerZA

is that the face of a 24 day hunger striker?

Just watched the video from the link posted previously and am appalled at what is happening in this community. The amount of money that is being funnelled into this community, that has been funnelled into this community for years and the residents are living in poverty? What does she expect Harper to do, “donate” more? I don’t understand why people are supporting her, are they not aware of the history this woman has? I feel sorry for the people, do I feel anything for her? Yes, disgust! Why are the Chiefs and the Councilmen, of which there are many for a town of 300, not HONESTLY and OPENLY accountable for every cent they are given? Shameful…

totally agree codybear…

I hope modern day fortified concrete bunkers have an internet feed…

Mcsash is on the right track…I find this movement,if that is what it is,hypocritical,because what the government is demanding of indian bands is accountability when it comes to moneys{tax dollars},and isn’t this what band members are also looking for from band councils?

The Conservatives are demanding financial accountability? Really? Let me introduce you to Peter Penashue. Can you point out how the Conservatives have asked Mr. Penashue (a former chief and leader of the Innu Nation) to be financially accountable?

“Peter Penashue has hit a new low when it comes to skirting accountability. After spending weeks ducking questions in Parliament and in the media about the serious allegations surrounding his election, Minister Penashue broke a promise to his constituents by refusing to appear before them today to explain his misconduct.”

"The federal minister has not explained how the name of Pennecon, a St. John’s construction company, showed up on a bank deposit slip to his 2011 federal election campaign account, though his campaign issued receipts to six executives at the company.

The company has given generously to Progressive Conservative election campaigns in Newfoundland and Labrador, but in federal elections, corporate donations are illegal."

So, let’s hear it. Where did the Conservatives demand accountability from this particular First Nations leader? Or are the expectations different if you’re a Conservative?

I need a lesson on quoting stuff…

I totally agree with you MIG…no argument here…

I totally respectful ALL forms of protest. But you need to be aware of who and what your protesting. I personally take exception to mindless and ill informed protest.

If your local animal by law officer keeps picking up your dog or keeps issuing you crappy unnecessary local bylaw infraction tickets, you don’t take him to the supreme court to vent your concerns…NOR does that bylaw officer go to the supreme court and beef his issues cause hes inept at his duties.

I respect the protestation by f/n of days gone by…OKA…gustaffsen lake lobster wars on the east coast etc…all intiated by passionate warriors. Not by a hunger striker in her 24th day who hasn’t lost a pound. We all have to abide by protocol…I would suspect that even Shawn Atleo has to book some sort of communication with a suspected wait AND an agenda…he was elected by chiefs nationally to represent the best interests of f/n.

If f/n people want to glorify ms spence then they should make HER the leader of the AFN grand chief, that way she could probably meet the PM with out the embarrassment of a supposed hunger strike…(I still think she is supersizing her extra value meals as we speak).

Well, maybe it’s the political climate of Alberta or whatever, but the protesters here didn’t even mention Ms. Spence at all. Their protests were all over the legislation that stripped environmental protection for Canadian rivers and other bodies of water. And closing the Experimental Lakes Area. “We all drink the same water” was their slogan.

Speaking of financial accountability. The Conservatives will spend around $50 million to close the Experimental Lakes Area. To save $2 million. Yup, that’s financial accountability.

Do you have any proof that she is in fact eating and having people bring her food? Stating sensational things like this do not bolster your arguments.

MIG MIG MIG…

look at historical hunger strikers…after 16 days they look gaunt…

spence looks the same as she did 24 days ago…at least do the admirable thing and go on the atkins diet to LOOK like she lost weight.

your an educated man…AND provide education…

You cant honestly belief she has been on a hunger strike !!!..

Where did I say that?

you said it indirectly by asking me …(your bigger than average asshole in prince Rupert) if I have proof that she is eating or have people bring her food.

Come on…you know as well as the next htmfer that I wouldn’t have proof.

When you pics of hunger strikers all over the world …usually after 2 weeks you see a noticeable physical change…spence has been at it for more than 3 with zero physical change…

You ask for proof?..the proof is in the pictures…oops my apologies MIG…I had you mistaken for fortified concrete bunker boy…HURRRAY for bunker internet.

Is that an example of muddled thinking I wonder? LOL. :smile:

BREAKING NEWS:
Spence Tells Harper the Broth She Lives On Is Made From Kittens.
Harper Agrees To Meet Tomorrow Noon.

Hah the $ u guys think that the Indians get n all indjins get, no they don’t, u have to b in a certain family, one that’s on the council to get ur education paid, I’ve paid my own n I still pay my kids but apparently the government does

I pay my own way n then some

Pisses me off when ppl think education is free but I pay all the time