Election Nonsense

So nice to see someone speak the truth and the facts about this guy who says that he will represent the people from this community and region. He does use those pretty words but if you listen and watch closely you will see a shell of a man.

myne was

Yes, this Pond is definitely shallow,and yes if you listen closely to his charming blather, you will realize there is not much substance.
If Herb and Gary were applying for a job and produced their resumes to an HR Manager,Herb would have a lot of 'splaining to do ,if he got an interview.

Here’s what really sticks in my craw…Mike Harcourt had the fortitude to resign after the Bingo-gate scandal even though he knew absolutly nothing about it…speaks volumes about the man in my opinion.

El Gordo get’s caught while drinking and driving, under El Gordo’s watch, there is a raid on the legislature, his right and left hand man Kinsella is up to his eyeball’s with CN-gate, Alcan-gate, BC Hydro gate(who’s a lobbyist but not really a lobbyist under El Gordo’s definition)…thetyee.ca/News/2008/06/16/PatKinsella
It is unbelievable to watch this guy give his 30 second blurb about the things he’s invested in…education, investing in our hospitals blah blah blah blah BLAH…do I trust the NDP? well he’s sure making Glen Clark look like a saint.

ok ok…so it was overkill the “gate’s”

Yeah they sure are a Bunch of Merry Men but the people keep getting sucked in by Broken Promises, there still is trials going on are there not.

yes there is a trial going on but not against anyone in government but against their assisants that were charged with influence peddling, they are accused of trying to sell information to OMNITRAX, the other railway trying to get BCRail, and lets talk about members of the legislature that were charged while in power, wasn’t Glen Clark charged as he was Premier? he was later cleared of the charge against him

As for Coons im sure he is a hard worker for our riding as i’m sure anybody elected would be despite who you would vote for , but it is amazing how he supported the container terminal but yet was against the BCRail deal, well hate to say this without that deal no container port, for BCRail was charging CN a carriage rate for them to send goods on their tracks where they hooked up to CN tracks in Prince George, in other words more costs, more costs more expensive, more expensive no container port, since CN took over BCRail they don’t have to pay that carriage rate.

I have been reading hacking the main frame for a while now and never respond, but I feel I need to put in my 2 cents, I have been reading the comments being made regarding who to vote fora dn they are all good responces, but it still makes for a tough call, as of now what has Coons done for us, I hate to say it but I feel the NDP won’t stand a chance to get into power this time, it will be Gordo and company, so the question is do you vote in Coons again and just be someone on the outside making noise or vote in Hollywood who is in the same party. Like I mentioned earlier this is just my 2 cents.

Regarding Fire69’s comments about voting for someone whose government likely won’t be in power: that is a ridiculous reason to choose your vote and flies in the face of what democracy is all about. People should always choose for who they feel is the best candidate or the party they feel truly stands for what they believe in. It shouldn’t be about who the polls/media is saying will get in. A representative can be just as effective in the Opposition as a representative can be INEFFECTIVE as a member of government. Voting for someone just because they are likely to get in power is just plain selling yourself out.

DITTO
We have had MLA’s and MP’s of the governing party and Northwest BC still got the short end.
What kills me is there are people who actually believe the BS that Pork Barrel politics is better.

Best example of this is Bill Belsey.  He smiled through the worst part of Prince Rupert’s economic decline. 

Whether you like it or not, Bill Belsey had the ear of the government, and Gary Coons does not.  Herb Pond will have the ear of the government, and Gary Coons still won’t if we re-elect him.  The decline of Prince Rupert started long before Bill Belsey - all through having NDP representation, both in government and out.

I still cannot vote for Herb I cannot give my vote to Gordo…
Not working in health care and seeing how the cuts have affected so many things…
Even if Herb had the ear of the government Herb cannot relate to cuts, he lives in another world…

Heh. You were likely one of those people who said Belsey was saving Rupert when he was in.

Eyespy this post of yours seems so easy to translate considering you are working on the Ponds campaign. You are probably one of the idiots making his phone calls for the Big Idiot. Bill Belsey was just the little red headed guy in the back row and again Pond would be the go boy for Gordo with the ex governor of Illinois hair do.

Still waiting for the phone number, Justin Case. Herb will phone, I don’t do phone calls.

I would not choose to hear his voice and his lies nor his Pipe Dreams. Do not care to see him near my property as well.

So if I understand your prose correctly, the decline of Prince Rupert can “all” be attributed to the NDP whether in or out of government? That is a startling proposition. I would have thought that fish (federal jurisdiction) and forestry (coast has become globally marginal) would have had something to do with it.

The grand theories, whether from the Left or Right, where it is “all” the fault of one individual or group strain credibility at the best of times. And lest I appear to a firebrand from the Left, I used to be a Liberal Party member (lapsed). I once sat next to Gordo himself at a Party breakfast. He is a surprisingly shy fellow. 

I was partial to Herb for a time, but I confess that his decision-making during his last year as Mayor (improper contracting, frequent closed meetings, severance likely paid to whistle-blower staffer) dampened my enthusiasm. I don’t know if he is a bit flakey or just out of his depth. His answers in interviews have often struck me as thin on detail, even if I agreed with his main point.

The ‘high school president’ style of campaigning certainly is not reassuring. And all of the signage around town really is an eyesore. My vote remains uncommitted. 

You know what? You can disagree with someone all you want, but there’s no need to use that kind of insulting language. Not ONCE in this thread have you said anything about what Herb Pond or Gary Coons have done for Prince Rupert–just insulting ad hominem stuff like the gem I quoted. Come on…

Well said there Creaking Door, I agree with what you have said. Especially in reference to his last few years in City Hall. I have never voted for the guy and never believed his words ever since his screw ups with the airlines or the cannery. I will also add what you said about Justin Case seems to be very true in regards to his always speaking the truth when it comes to issues he believes in. Some call him a loose cannon at times but if people were so straight up we would not have so many social issues to hurdle over.

Eccentric, I was wondering when you would leap into this post again. I do not see where the insulting words have come into play, if it is the word idiot well I have been labeled that many times. I see where Spider has also mentioned me being a loose cannon at times well so be it. This does not seem to play in my head because yes I believe in the truth.