Election Nonsense

Yea, definitely–but that’s true of lots of eligible voters, too. I just don’t think it’s fair to label them as naive just because they’re not old enough to actually cast a ballot–especially when those people can’t manage to spell the word they’re accusing the young people of being.

I think they might have been typos.

I’m not only sick of seeing signs, I’m tired of seeing 'herb pond" on my call display. Just because I have a new number doesn’t mean I’m going to vote for him, or be swayed at all by his harassing phone calls. I just don’t answer them, maybe I should.

Yea, maybe.

Eccentric.  The Student Vote and candidates debates in school are done in a balanced way.  All parties are given a chance to participate, and the school takes no position.  The students then make their own decision based on what they have seen and heard.  That is very different from using student images in a partisan, biased way, to achieve a political effect.

Next time they call ya, tell them you are waiting for a call from Mr. Coons office.  :wink:

I would love to have his campaign workers call me at home or on my cell, I have some very good questions to ask but then again I would probably just vent on the idiot on the other end , hopefully it would be Herbie. My question to him would be, did you seek the seat in chamber only thinking of yourself and to just get a head? To this day I can not see anything he did for us as a community except shoot his mouth off and lie to the rest of the world about some boom. Cow Bay began during the Kuz years, the Feds already were planning for the port. Please call  :imp:

Herp has been a tireless promoter of this town for many years. Give him a break.  What has Coons done ???
What do you think would happen to Rupert if we actually had a sitting MLA ? As the opposition, Coons can achieve ZERO !

Hmm… BPP

Big Pond Promoter? :imp:

18 year old are allowed to vote.  Some of them attend our secondary schools, so it’s great that the schools are providing the unbias forums for students to learn about the process.

Justin Case - you need to post your phone number so Herb can phone.  Or phone 250-624-5453 and leave a message. :smile:

Witty, but not quite…

Well the fact that Mr. Coons is the opposition he sure has been right on in bringing the sleeze moves of the Liberals to the front he has been a hard worker since the beginning. Gordon Campbell has been caught on a few moves to date, lets begin with the raids, the rail and his driving in another country drunk. They are all bad. Again please tell us all what has Pond done for this community? What did he bring back from China all his Jet Setting what have we got to show. What happened at the cannery, what happened with the airlines what the hell is Rupert except his stepping stone.

So, hes done nothing. Another great card carrying NDP’er. Youre only sctick is attacking the Liberals. Heaven forbid if we were riding out this economy under their infinite wisdom!

We’d probably fare a fair sight better than those waving the other old schtik.

As long as there’s some kind of shtick.

You’re right, they’re not really comparable. My only point is that clearly there’s enough respect for young people to let them take part in Student Vote and hold a candidates debate–and by doing that they’re allowed to choose which candidate they’d support were they eligible to vote. Does the respect stop when a student supports a candidate for real?

Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure all those students were very aware and very supportive of the idea that they were helping Mr Pond’s campaign by posing in those pictures. (And again, there might be other pictures I’m unaware of… I’m going off of Mr Hope and Mr Pond’s facebook pages.)

Officially, yea, the schools take no position in the election. In the classrooms, though, it’s a different story. Most teachers I’ve encountered are pretty good at staying as objective as possible, but lots don’t even try.

No, Justin Case is eclectic. Attacks and defends many issues with conviction. Sometimes uses foul language, but is generally courteous. Card carrying status is uncertain; gender likewise.

Just another individual in the community who has been watching and listening to Hollywood for roughly eight years, Knowing that the Bluff was on at a very early stage of the game. The gift of the gab which suckered so many in the years and turned out to be one step to Campbell’s estate. Hollywood would always want you to think he was listening, he cared and he was dedicated but in the end he painted a blurred picture.

Even if I supported the Liberal platform and general party line (which I clearly do not) knowing what I do of Mr.Pond and having some experience in personal dealings with him in the past, I could not in good conscience vote for him to represent the best interests of the people of this riding, my own politics and perspective aside. No matter what is going on in the political arena I will always vote as much for the individual candidate as I do for the party affiliation and platform.  Read and listen to any of his comments in the media, he will use all the current catch phrases and buzz words, (obviously likes the word ‘balance’) but will not touch on any specifics ever. I’m sorry but he’s all fluff and no substance.