Covid-19 in Northern BC

Any hospitalizations? Or are these just mild cases of vaccinated people?

Here in Alberta, it’s overwhelmingly the unvaccinated cases that end up in the hospital.

We have one hospitalized case that I know of.
I really fail to understand why people pass on getting vaccinated. Getting this disease is really shitty and even a mild case can have lasting consequences. My 18 year old hasn’t completely recovered her senses of taste and smell (she caught Covid-19 in February before vaccines were available- she likely got it at school.). A severe case of this thing can put you in the ground. My family is all fully vaccinated. I will get the booster shot when I am able to do that.

We had 8 Covid-19 cases last week, a decrease of 2 cases from the previous week.

Just found out the step son & his gf “haven’t got around to it yet”. Not even the 1st shot.
He can explain why Gramma and Grampa didn’t come with presents this Christmas, explain e-transfers to 10 & unders.

A friend of mine who is 50+ went to the Safeway pharmacy to inquire about the third shot; he received some good information. Those of us who have had the second shot and qualify for the booster shot will be automatically notified when we can get the top-up shot. Up yours Omicron!

Did you guys get that rag from Action Canada like we all got in the PO Boxes?
Anti-vax circular full of outright lies and misinformation… absolutely disgusting that Canada Post allowed it. A gov’t agency that learned absolutely nothing after all the social media misinformation controversy.
And I’ve met several people who believe everything on it.
And I’ve heard from the third person I know about the same local doctor telling them not to get the vaccine or let their kids get it…

New Northern Health orders came into effect midnight December 10, 2021.

G. OWNERS AND OPERATORS OF RESTAURANTS, COFFEE SHOPS, CAFES,

CAFETERIAS, FOOD PRIMARY AND LIQUOR PRIMARY ESTABLISHMENTS,

INCLUDING PUBS, BARS, LOUNGES, LIQUOR MANUFACTURING FACILITIES

THAT HAVE TASTING ROOMS WITH SEATING OR PRIVATE CLUBS

1. Despite any lesser restrictions under the Provincial Food and Liquor Serving Premises
    Order, a premises as defined in this order, must not provide food or drink services inside
    except in compliance with Part B (Proof of Vaccination) of the Provincial Food and

Liquor Serving Premises Order

(a) Definition of premises in this order includes unlicensed restaurants that don’t offer

table service. For example, fast food, coffee shops, food courts, food trucks and

takeout-only place.

1. A premises may provide food or drink takeout, or delivery services without requiring

proof of vaccination, subject to the following conditions:

**(a) A patron may only be inside the premises for the purposes of ordering, purchasing **

or collecting food or drink for takeout or delivery.

Our Covid-19 case count remains unchanged at 8 cases.

A SaveOn guy gave a teller shit while I waited in line for serving an unmasked customer. Teller said the lady said she had a medical exemption. Guy told her who cares what she ‘said’, put on a mask or call him.
He’s as big and mean looking as Tony Soprano. ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!
The sign on the door doesn’t say ‘except for medical reasons’ and anyone who can’t wear a mask (99.9% lying sacks of shit) is a special kind of stupid going into a crowd during a pandemic.
The guy also told me he’d seen the lying bitch posting anti-mask and anti-vax shit on FB all the time. Hahaha!

1 Like

We’re trending in the right direction. There were 5 cases of COVID-19 in Rupert last week, a decrease of 3 cases.

The automagic notification system works. My wife and I received our Covid-19 vaccination notifications via text message last week. We’re getting our booster shots tomorrow. I’m grateful for this.
I recently had to growl at another shopper in Safeway while at the check out line. He moved up right beside me in an effort to “hurry me along”. I grumbled: Six feet! He moved back thankfully. I felt like a dick. Oh well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aren’t you lucky, they told me there were no openings when I made an appointment. Mine is not until the 14th.

1 Like

Agreed! I am indeed lucky. I’m glad you were able to get an appointment in January.

We go the 6th,. Booked by phone, the website had no way to actually book a followup online. The clinic just started rolling off the URL and I went “oh fer fucks sake” and hung up on her.

Covid-19 cases are going back up again in Rupert. We had 8 cases last week, an increase of three cases from the previous week. I’m guessing Omicron will be on the North Coast at some point.

Either it’s already here or all those months of masking, distancing and staying home has made the entire town susceptible to common colds.
Everyone I know has sniffles, cough. Haven’t even seen them in person for ages!
Getting over bronchitis, wife’s has 5 weeks of pneumonia

Bummer! I hope that you both feel better soon, herbie. Today I have a sore arm and mild cold symptoms. I’m grateful for the Moderna booster I received yesterday.
Happy New Year!

Thx Happy New Year too!
99% recovered today, the wife recovering well. I was worried we might have to postpone the boosters.
See the news today? If you lose your job because you won’t get vaxxed, you’re no longer eligible for EI.

1 Like

I suspect that Omicron is in town. Our Covid-19 cases increased 200% from the previous week. Two weeks ago we had 8 cases of Covid-19. Last week we had 24 cases of Covid-19. Stay safe people, get vaccinated.

http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/PublishingImages/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data/covid19_lha_20211226_20220101.png

Went for my booster. The Clinic door was locked. So I pounded… the receptionist came and snarled “We’re closed until 1:30 ya know!”
I’ve had enuff of this shit. So I bust out “Then why in FUCK did they book my appointment at 12:20?”
She let me in, let the door close and lock, muttered how they didn’t tell her and “I’m supposed to be on my lunch break”.
There we 8 others in the waiting room. After 10 minutes a nurse came and asked if I was there for my shot. I was supposed to have been directed to another room…
oh well, I’m triple jabbed, all done now.

1 Like