Covid-19 in Northern BC

I’m not here to argue but you can still carry the virus even if you are vacvinated and therefore infect people. For the record, I am double vaccinated and pro vaccine.

1 Like

That’s true. However, you’re less likely to die from COVID-19 if you are fully vaccinated. I’m also fully vaccinated. I mask up when I am indoors and I social distance.

You are FAR LESS likely to catch it and even less likely to spread it if you’re vaxxed. That’s just falling into the latest bullshit excuse the anti-vax crowd is mouthing…IE what’s the point in getting it…

1 Like

Prince Rupert had 5 Covid-19 cases last week, a decrease of one case. Prince George (where my 18 year old is living) had 280 cases. Get fully vaccinated people!

1 Like

No increase with Covid-19 last week in Rupert; we’re still at 5 cases. Prince George is well over 300 cases. :frowning:

Wife mentioned that three people called in sick today, a Friday before a long weekend. That’s like 30% of those scheduled to work.
Boy, if I was the Supervisor I’d insist they get Covid tested before they can come back. The Clinic won’t be open until Tuesday, results would take until Thursday or Friday. that’s 3 or 4 days unpaid. That you couldn’t grieve! That’d teach 'em.

Bad news. Our Covid-19 numbers are increasing. Last week we had 15 cases. The week prior we had 5 cases.

There were 13 Covid-19 cases last week in Rupert, a slight decrease. If you’re not vaccinated the Delta variant is a danger to you.

Daughter waiting since end of July for surgery had abdomianl abcess burst. Spent 2 days in the hallway of PH Hospital waiting for a bed, a week in, then they sent her home with a drain in her side to free up her bed. An ER nurse has visited her home twice a day for two weeks, once a day since to follow up,
How much has that cost the but…but…but…the economy?
How has her pain and suffering helped your freedumb?

I’m very sorry to hear your daughter is suffering, herbie! I hope that she has a speedy recovery!
I’m getting so fricken tired listening to anti-vaxxer morons talking about their rights being violated. What about our right to live free from disease?
I don’t like hearing the news about governments and major corporations firing people who refuse to get vaccinated. I understand the hardship that this will cause the people who lose their jobs. I don’t like hearing that people lose their jobs, but, I agree with the employers who are terminating the anti-vaxxers. Hospitals need to protect their employees and patients from unvaccinated employees.

Last week there were 33 cases of Covid-19 here in Prince Rupert. That’s an increase of 20 cases from the previous week. I strongly suggest you get vaccinated!

if the government was really serious about the anti-vaxxers, make them show the vaccine passport to eat at McDonalds or Timmies, after all how is it safer for unvacinnated ppl to eat there then in a sit down restuarant?

I watched someone get kicked out of McDonald’s here in Alberta for refusing to show their vaccine card. You can’t sit at a table unless you’re willing to show your card or QR code.

2 Likes

British Columbians to be eligible for COVID-19 booster shot 6 to 8 months after second dose

British Columbia has announced a plan to provide COVID-19 booster shots for anyone who wants one six to eight months following their second dose.

On Tuesday, health officials said the program will start with those with waning protection from their first doses and those more likely to end up in hospital.

I don’t feel bad for people losing their job over this, Takes a special kind of stoopid to give up a $50K job over fear of a needle.
AFAIC it’s the same as refusing a hard hat or safety gear. You’re fired - no EI.
No restaurants. no movies, no gatherings. no job. Just how much BS are you willing to put up with because of your stupid stubborn principles? And you want my sympathy?
Since when does the 15% tell the other 85% what to do and how to act?

2 Likes

Last week there were 26 cases of Covid-19 in Prince Rupert, a decline of 7 cases from the previous week. Hopefully Halloween doesn’t cause a spike in cases.

Last week there were 11 cases of Covid-19 in Prince Rupert, a decline of 15 cases from the previous week. Good news! :slight_smile:

Ten cases of Covid-19 last week in PR, a decline of one case from the previous week. We’re trending in the right direction. :slight_smile:

1 Like

One case of COVID-19 last week in Prince Rupert, a good reduction from the previous week.

Stay safe out there people. We’ve had a jump of 9 cases from the previous week. As of last week we have 10 cases of Covid-19 in PR.