Covid-19 in Northern BC

I hope that the vaccination drive helps to trend these numbers down.

2 Likes

Today’s update has 737 new positive tests in the Province, not good with the increase of the variants. I’m very grateful to have gotten my vaccine today. I also agree what a well run vaccination drive it is.

2 Likes

Fort St James vacs now open for everyone 18+. Think I’ll wait until Monday to call in, the whole town will be dialing in today.

2 Likes

We’re trending in the right direction. There are 33 fewer cases this week.

trending

2 Likes

Northern Health also had the least amount of positive tests and active cases than the other health authorities today.

2 Likes

Bad news. Our numbers are rising again.

https://www.thenorthernview.com/news/health-minister-addresses-prince-rupert-not-in-a-good-way/

Well I guess when there is a crowed of about 50 people at Oliver lake on Easter Sunday ,things like that don’t help.

covid

Got our first Moderna shots Saturday. That mean we got Apple M1 chips instead of Bill Gates’s?

2 Likes

Our numbers are better this week. Latest data shows 27 cases. Good news,

1 Like

I dont know if this rumour is true or recent.I don’t want to throw anyone under a bus.But I heard that a local brewing company had 30 people on there …I presume a large deck,drinking beer ,most without masks.

Hopefully it had 5 G

well i know of one place on 3rd ave across from citywest that lets ppl eat inside, they open after 6pm so no one goes to inspect them

Hey folks. Just a quick reminder about anonymity and defamation. I suggest that you avoid posting rumors about local companies. Your anonymity at HTMF does not protect you from the consequences of what you post here. In other words we can be compelled by a court order to release identifying information about you: email addresses, IP addresses, etc. Just some food for thought. Have a good day.

Last day for the first shots in the Fort today, they put out the word for anyone who wanted to show up and take their chances so no vaccines got wasted.

1 Like

Hey assholes… Stay in your own damn town. You might be vaccinated but the kids in your vehicles are not…

The convoys of vehicles with prince rupert phone numbers on them make it pretty apparent a lot of you don’t give a shit about anyone else since you’re “safe”.

they-pull-me-back-in

Why do people have Prince Rupert phone numbers on their vehicles?

First and most importantly: HI! I hope you and your family are doing really well in spite of the current shit-show. It’s been a long time! If you’re up here after this is all over let me buy you a coffee/lunch/whatever… until then stay the hell away from me :wink:

I am guessing its a bunch of people that use the same vehicle for business/personal reasons.

The water toys being loaded up on at Canadian tire makes me suspect they may not be visiting for business purposes but maybe I am being judgy and they’re just in the business of spreading COVID.

To be fair not all vehicles had Prince Rupert numbers on them but its pretty obvious where they are coming from, and when they stop at the same place as the phone number truck and chat them up about going to the lake and how nice it is to be out of town… you can put two and two together.

I’m just trying to buy some plumbing parts assholes, I am not interested in picking up side of permanent lung damage/death.

I get that it sucks to stay home but you know what… my 7 year old was capable of understanding why he couldn’t have a birthday party again this year so you’d think adults would be able to figure out why they should at least stay in their own damn town.

I hear you, jesus! I agree completely. The last time I left town was the summer of 2019. I miss traveling a lot. I’m sticking with the safety protocols given to us by Dr. Henry.

Oh. They’re work trucks. Ok makes sense.

I literally took a bunch of personal days and added them to Spring Break because we planned on coming to visit Rupert & Terrace earlier this month.

That didn’t happen.

Maybe this summer.