Covid-19 in Northern BC

Here’s the letter sent home to Lax Kxeen parents. We need to continue to do all the right things: social distancing, wearing a mask, and washing hands.laxkxeen

People should be aware that travel as far as even Terrace for a medical appointment (or any other reason) could result in the cancellation of subsequent medical appointments in Prince Rupert if they fall within 14 days of your return.
You should probably seek advice if travelling.

1 Like

We were doing so well here in Rupert. :cry:

I fear the Acropolis Manor outbreak is going to be rough. My heart breaks for the infected patients, the health care workers, and the families.

4 Likes

Mine too, it’s very sad. Positive tests are up to 20 now.

covid

Sad and those numbers are only up until the 23rd. We were doing so good here in Rupert, and all because someone travelled out of Province.

It really does show how just one person coming into a small community can change things.

Best of wishes, strength, love, and everything else for those dealing with this. I know it’s not going to be an easy ride, and we’re all thinking of you.

3 Likes

A friend of mine tested positive for Covid-19 here in Rupert. I had contact with him and I am isolating at home for 14 days. Thankfully I have no symptoms. I’ve been lucky. I get out of quarantine on February 18th. Safeway has an excellent grocery delivery service. Stay safe out there folks.

2 Likes

Told my Dr that with all the precautions I haven’t had a cold, the flu, not even sniffles in over a year.
So Dr Downer says “Think of all the immunities you didn’t develop…”

what a poop…

2 Likes

Fifty five cases here in PR according to the latest data.

covid

People may want to make themselves aware of the latest changes to vaccination timelines for Port Edward and Prince Rupert…starting March 12 a much wider group of ages will be added to the timeline.

1 Like

People may want to check the new Northern Health site for revised timelines for Port Edward and Prince Rupert…good news!

1 Like

Thanks, good to know!!

Way too many positive cases. We’ve had well over 300 since the beginning of 2021. Getting those who want to be vaccinated should help.

covid19_lha_20210228_20210306

1 Like

I booked our appointments yesterday. My wife and I get our shots on Tuesday, March 16th. Our teenager needs to wait 3 months to get her shot as she tested positive in February (that was terrifying). I’m grateful that the government is stepping up and helping us in Prince Rupert.

3 Likes

Is everyone in town getting vaccinated? Does that mean Prince Rupert is open for visitors? :slight_smile:

Anyone who wants to get vaccinated 18+ can get vaccinated. But no Rupert is not open for visitors as our positive case count is too high.

1 Like

A big thank you to all at the vaccine clinic, both locals and those who travelled to Prince Rupert to assist. From the front door security to the time we left, everyone was professional, up beat and caring. From entry to exit each step was well executed and efficiently organized.
Northern Health, the First Nations Health Authority, the Métis Nation of British Columbia, St John’s Ambulance as well as all front line workers and planners are to be commended for the efforts they have made to keep us safe.
Thank you.

3 Likes

I will echo what my friend chien22 said. A very professional operation. Many thanks to all parties who set-up this event. I hope that the vaccine supply improves over the coming weeks and months so that we’re not required to wait 4 months for our second shot.
I’m very grateful for my shot yesterday.

3 Likes