Costco & Winners in Terrace Rumour

Can you post a link, I can’t find anything on their website. Or was it only in the print edition?

Thanks.

Yup, print edition.

That was fast. Thank you.

Is Liquidation World still there? Looked like it was liquidating itself last time I was in Terrace. Or will that become the Dollarama?

It has been restocked as another company owns it now… Some of the new stuff is actally decent … Dollararma covers a whole other product in many ways…

I think it’s “Big Lots” now?

It’s still there, they actually seem to be getting useful things every once in a while now.

I was in Terrace today and enjoyed the 'real walmart" shopping … I was delighted to see how nice the Skeena Mall is becoming… They just opened a Bently and Winner’s will be opening at the end of April… I really like what they have done with the appearance of the Mall, which brings it up to 2013 from the 80s… The leather couches are especially nice…

People complain about anything that opens in Prince Rupert. Move to Terrace if you so love it there.

[quote=“Speedy”]

People complain about anything that opens in Prince Rupert. Move to Terrace if you so love it there.[/quote]

Like a lot of people I enjoy a day out, while the shopping is far better in Terrace, my home is here… Judging by the mall in Terrace I am not alone… it’s always nice connecting with Ruperites that I never see in our shopping places…

Well, the Rupert Wal-Mart is pretty much ruined by the same people who ruined Zellers. Otherwise not much different that the one in Terrace.

People do need a break sometimes… even if it means spending a tank of fuel.

[quote=“Speedy”]

People complain about anything that opens in Prince Rupert. Move to Terrace if you so love it there.[/quote]

It is always so humorous to me the way folks get so defensive and childish when someone makes a positive comment about Terrace. Bottom line is it is always nice to get out of here and Terrace has a hell of a lot more to offer than Rupert does plus they take more pride in what they do have and are open to new franchises. We are losing our only shoe store in the Mall and according to employees in the store, there are no plans in the future to open a new business there. This town is an acquired taste and for those of us who like a little more, we head on down the road, so what? You don’t like Terrace, then don’t go !! LOL Surprising to see how many Rupertites are sharing the shopping experience in Terrace though !

[quote=“PLA”]

Well, the Rupert Wal-Mart is pretty much ruined by the same people who ruined Zellers. Otherwise not much different that the one in Terrace.

People do need a break sometimes… even if it means spending a tank of fuel.[/quote]

There’s a big difference between our Walmart and the one in Terrace…content. We have a smaller version. Rupertites go to Terrace for variety. Shopping here is terrible. Fine for groceries and building supplies., Shoppers is good if the item is on sale otherwise they are fairly expensive. Its nice to get away for an afternoon to where you have a choice for shopping and eating. The Skeena Mall looks awesome, Rupert’s mall not so much.

Whatever you cannot get at our local Walmart store can be ordered online at walmart.ca/en with free shipping. They even ship furniture - beds, sofas, mattresses etc. for free to your door as well as any small item.

[quote=“Sir Ryan of Last”]I hear they are opening a container port in Terrace! It is said to be bigger than the one in Prince Rupert, and coming close to rival Delta Port down south!

… anyone else hear this?[/quote]

That must be the same group that is going to dredge the Skeena to make it deeper and safer for post-Panamax ships while providing ideal spawning channels for fish. Like a straight, wide, deep shot from Terrace straight to the Pacific.
Isn’t science wonderful?
lol

Really? “Awesome??” You are easily impressed. It’s brighter but it still just looks like one, long warehouse. It’s got no style whatsover. It looks better but that was easy to do.

[quote=“drummerboy”]

Really? “Awesome??” You are easily impressed. It’s brighter but it still just looks like one, long warehouse. It’s got no style whatsover. It looks better but that was easy to do.[/quote]

It actually looks like a mall and has decent stores…not so much Rupert. Plus compared what the Skeena Mall looked like before, vast improvement. Rupert Mall is ugly inside and out.

Oh I am not easily impressed and it does look like a big long warehouse but at least a huge effort went into the place attracting new businesses at the Skeena Mall… very people friendly with the couches and brighter and clean looking…

Our mall depresses me every time I walk into it… It still looks the same as it did when it opened in 1976…

[quote=“Gracies Mom”]

Really? “Awesome??” You are easily impressed. It’s brighter but it still just looks like one, long warehouse. It’s got no style whatsover. It looks better but that was easy to do.

It actually looks like a mall and has decent stores…not so much Rupert. Plus compared what the Skeena Mall looked like before, vast improvement. Rupert Mall is ugly inside and out.[/quote]

I have to agree, it is not an appealing Mall whatsoever. I am basically in and out, do stop in at Naomis for a coffee and on to Shoppers but WalMart has lost any appeal it had after I asked a cashier about thier price matching policy and she didn’t think they had one and when a supervisor (I assume) was asked, she just disregarded me and carried on with a conversation she was having with some friends. The store is a mess, many of the staff are either miserable or lazy (there are a couple of exeptions). A lady was almost run over by a skateboarder in the Mall yesterday taking a shortcut through to the other side! It’s crazy and DULL!

Codybear. Just bring in any walmart flyer. it says right on the damned flyer that they do price match. Can’t really argue with that, can they?