Costco & Winners in Terrace Rumour

It will be going right by M&M Meat Shop. I might have to make a few more trips to Terrace since I love the pita’s there.

New Pet place next to M&M as well.

I doubt the co-op site would be big enough for a Costco. Not unless they take over the two surrounding lots as well. And then no parking spaces.

Whatever is going there, it will be something smaller.

They’re working on it day and night, though.

[quote=“MiG”]New Pet place next to M&M as well.

I doubt the co-op site would be big enough for a Costco. Not unless they take over the two surrounding lots as well. And then no parking spaces.

Whatever is going there, it will be something smaller.

They’re working on it day and night, though.[/quote]

Whats the new pet place? hopefully something with decent dog food prices. As it is I end up spending 2/300.00 every time I go through PG because its 20.00/bag cheaper.

[quote=“jesus”]

A kurt russel career killer? sweet.[/quote]

Star Gate was awesome.

Total-Pet:

http://i.imgur.com/smDQ1l.jpg

Pita Pit:

http://i.imgur.com/ZFylZl.jpg

Co-op site:

http://i.imgur.com/c5JqZl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zoszrl.jpg

Honestly, I can’t see either Costco or Winners going here. Not big enough for Costco, and I’m not sure the market here is big enough either.

Winners, maybe, but there’s a lot of empty retail space around. Surely that’s cheaper than building?

I really dont pay enough attention… I was unaware of m&m meats might have to make a trip in there… I’d assume the old coop site is going to be some sort of strip mall type thing (maybe with residential on top). There doesnt seem to be very much in the way of empty commercial strip mall type space downtown. I really cant see that being a costco or winners if its where I’m thinking. Is that the between staples and sears?

oh as an aside… the real estate market in terrace is ridiculous right now… trying to find a house to buy = sucks.

Yes, between Staples and Sears.

Lots of empty commercial space. Just across the street from that site, for example :smile: Or in the mall.

[quote=“MiG”]Yes, between Staples and Sears.

Lots of empty commercial space. Just across the street from that site, for example :smile: Or in the mall.[/quote]

Mall is expensive? The commercial space across the street from the coop lot lacks curbside appeal to put it nicely… but like I said I dont really pay much attention.

I just don’t see it being a big box store going in there. There is lots of land for sale that would be better suited to a costco or winners… hell winners would be better suited to take over whats left of the old kmart section of the mall.

If possible can somebody let me know when Pita Pit opens please.

i can see costco doing great in terrace . know lots from rupert charlottes villages and from houston west would shop there. i would say the mill site is best for it tho

That site looks much much too small for a Costco…and a Winners.

Maybe a small apartment complex or something.

Cool to see Total Pet in Terrace too…that is a great store.

Didn’t they use to have a Total Pet in the mall, many moons ago. Where the flower shop is now. Now they have 3 pet stores and Walmart. Must be a lot of pets in Terrace.

There was a pet store where the Sight & Sound is now at that little strip mall

Talked to one of the contractors working at the Skeena Mall (half of it is blocked up and boarded off) and he said a London Drugs, Winners, Sport Chek and Wendy’s will be going in the mall.

Also, the entire mall is getting a huge renovation, including new front entrances and all the bells/whistles.

[quote=“bthedog”]Talked to one of the contractors working at the Skeena Mall (half of it is blocked up and boarded off) and he said a London Drugs, Winners, Sport Chek and Wendy’s will be going in the mall.

Also, the entire mall is getting a huge renovation, including new front entrances and all the bells/whistles.[/quote]

That’s awesome, good for them ! Something shiny and new to travel up and see !!

[quote=“codybear933”]
That’s awesome, good for them ! Something shiny and new to travel up and see !![/quote]

Nothing to see right now, just bare beams and a lot of construction garbage not to mention the massive potholes in front of the construction area.

[quote=“bthedog”]Talked to one of the contractors working at the Skeena Mall (half of it is blocked up and boarded off) and he said a London Drugs, Winners, Sport Chek and Wendy’s will be going in the mall.

Also, the entire mall is getting a huge renovation, including new front entrances and all the bells/whistles.[/quote]

Sounds legit. The last time I been to that mall it looks like it’s been stuck in the 1970’s time warp, and the only store that makes the mall a tad more modernized is Save-On-Foods. Sucks that Rupert didn’t get the same retail treatment, and at this rate I’m guessing the MOT would look at twinning highway 16. >.>

Officially, it’s Sport Chek, Dollarama, and Winners going into the newly renovated Skeena Mall in Terrace. That’s according to the Terrace Standard.

^Not London Drugs/Wendys?

WTF was the construction guy talking about then…

Good to hear about Winners, that is a great store.

Also I am pretty sure all of the Athlete’s Worlds are being converted to Sport Chek, so I wonder if AW in Terrace will be converted or shutdown or if this is a full SportChek like the one in PG.