Bill Belsey is a clown

The one thing i disagree about the NDP, it that they’re all about free handouts, without consitering the costs. They have a record of having poor budget managment, and i think that is harsh for the economy in the long run. At least with the liberals right now they are getting somewhat of a surplus and will be able to add back some of the useful social services as the have the money to do so. Raising the taxes to the coorporations, so that some lazy union workers can sit on their asses for half the year = economy taking a dive. I know personally people in the fish plants that would count the hours they got so that they had enough stamps to sit around and collect EI for 7 months of the year.

the surplus is because they sold everything.

poor budget management? im sorry they did great see mig for articles. Taxing corporations has nothing to do with unions but if you want to get into that sure. Unions are great since the union crushing faggots have been in office wages around the province have dropped, sure they have “created” more jobs anyone for some mcdonalds or walmart?

I agree about the EI bullshit though, ei is for people who cant work and well
i worked in a fish plant and alot of those people were too stupid/unskilled to work anywhere else, and if thats the case why not collect EI until they can work again thats waht its for.

You mean like giving tax breaks and having a record defecit?

You know, borrowing money to give it to people? That kind of thing?

Sounds like the Liberal’s plan to me.

I think you’re mistaken. They had 3 balanced budgets in their last term in office, with a surplus. Unlike the Liberals, who have run up the debt by another 10 billion or so.

You’re backwards on the budget thing, dude.

As for EI: that’s not an NDP thing, that’s a federal government thing. That’s a Federal Liberal thing…

Gordon cambell is nothing but george bush with smaller balls.

OK,

Let’s talk about “have” and “have not” provinces. Check the second table on the following site (Hey Astro, here is an article that comes from Finances Canada):http://www.fin.gc.ca/FEDPROV/eqpe.html
See the zeros under BC? That means that those years, BC was a “have” province that didn’t need any federal transfer payments. When you see a number, it means BC was a “have not” province receiving payments.
Now let me remind you that the NDP was in power between 1991 and 2001 and then the BCLiberals took over.
I can’t claim the credit for this. I heard a person stating that fact on the radio and I had to check it by myself. That’s how you check facts!

Mig tell me please why the NDP lost the last election and not by a little but by a land slide. If they were such saints to the people of BC. thy would have been in power now.
I guess the people of BC are not as smart as you… eh… those ignorent people who don’t look at the facts…lol…

From what I have read is that I think the race will be closer this time around.

A false “scandal” maybe… you know one brought forth by guess who good old Cambell :unamused: only to find out later after the inquiry… ooh he didnt do anything. And of course the fast ferries… which convieniently got sold along iwth half of bc by cambell.

The split of the non-redneck vote.

You’ll note that most people didn’t vote for the BC Liberals.

But, I think you misread me.

I’m not defending the NDP record at all.

I’m just pointing out that what most people accept as “fact” is actually the opposite of what they believe.

But I think you’ve hit the nail on the head about the people who don’t look at the facts.

the fast ferries omg

It was during the NDP’s decade of incompetence that then premier, Glen Clark, dreamed up the idea that the Strait of Georgia ferry crossing time could be cut by about one-half hour if faster ferries were used at the cost of four hundred fifty-four million dollars
The ferries were plagued with difficulties from the beginning: mechanical problems, if the ships sailed at their designed speed the wash set up caused havoc to the shoreline of Horseshoe Bay.
Ironically, Glen Clark announced the fast ferry fiasco on April Fool’s Day seven years ago.
Dont Blame the liberals…lol… they only sold the big pile of crap, the NDP dreamed the idea…

Thanks Mig for clearing the air on that…

Yup, the fast ferries were a crazy idea, I agree. It was right to vote the NDP out.

How about Skeena? Crazy idea?

I remember Bill Belsey’s “I will make sure that Skeena will be open this year” speech. Ooops.

I also remember Bill Belsey saying that the BC Liberals would open more hospital beds to shorten waiting periods. They’ve done the opposite – closed hospital beds and we now have longer waiting times.

I remember Bill Belsey saying he wouldn’t support the lowering of the minimum wage, and that it was just fear-mongering, that the BC Liberals wouldn’t do that, and that Gordon Campbell himself had promised not to lower the minimum wage. Woaaah, just kidding! Let’s lower it.

I also remember Bill Belsey saying he supported the tuition freeze, and pointed to a statement by Gordon Campbell saying he would keep the tuition freeze. Kidding! Haha! You BC voters sure are smart! Voted for us! Thanks!

I remember Bill Belsey, saying, directly to me, that he didn’t believe that contracts should be broken, and that he, like Gordon Campbell, would respect signed agreements. He also stated that there would be a free vote on issues such as “essential service” legislation for teachers, and that he would oppose it. Just kidding! Fooled you! Haha!

So yeah, we’re not arguing about the NDP’s term in office here. I’m voting against Bill Belsey and his party because they’ve point-blank lied. Period.

Mig crazy Idea for goverment to buy a buisness couse its failing ?
NDP Bailing out Skeena $340M
Trucking company in Okanogan (not sure name and Not sure $)
come on…
The liberals did what they said they would do; look for a buyer, and nothing more. Cant blame them there not in the buisness to own these types of companies.

I work in health care Mig I know what The liberals have Done I also now what The NDP has done… Im sorry you feel lied to.
I have been in meetings with Bill Belsey on 2 occasions and I know for a fact that he helped us out when we asked for it.

You’re kidding, right?

You don’t think they’ve lied? You don’t think promising one thing and doing the opposite is a lie?

I mean Gordon Campbell himself gave a speech in the last campaign where he talked about politicians and criminal charges. He said, basically, that MLAs found guilty of criminal offences should be fired. Of course, he didn’t mean him. And um, yeah, so he was found guilty of a criminal offence… um sorry, didn’t mean that.

I think it was Mig that said it would be better to have our MLA and our MP be from the same party. I think that what some people are forgetting is that it doesnt matter what party you’re in. The elected person will still try to help their parties agenda, however, the elected person has been elected to represent their riding, not only their party, and not only people that voted for them.

For example, have two parties, Party A and Party B. I vote for Party A, but, to bad for me, Party B wins. If the day after the election I went to talk with Party B (and Party B knows i favoured A), Party B is required to take my oppinion just as seriously as a person who voted for them.

Therefore, if we have elected officials that accually listen to the public, then we don’t have to worry if our MLA and MP belong to different parties, becuase in the end they are just representatives of the voters, all the voters.

[quote=“MiG”]

You’re kidding, right?

You don’t think they’ve lied? You don’t think promising one thing and doing the opposite is a lie?

I mean Gordon Campbell himself gave a speech in the last campaign where he talked about politicians and criminal charges. He said, basically, that MLAs found guilty of criminal offences should be fired. Of course, he didn’t mean him. And um, yeah, so he was found guilty of a criminal offence… um sorry, didn’t mean that.[/quote]

A criminal offence by definition is “an offence involving dishonesty or deception or a serious arrestable offence”.

I assume that you are talking about Premier Campbell’s drunk driving thing. I am not sure if he was arrested or not. If he wasn’t, than it wasn’t a criminal offence.

Even if he was arrested, i still think that he deserves a bit of slack. I would say this about an NDP premier too. When you are in a position of responsibilty you are consantly under a spotlight by people.

If, say, you caught your good friend driving drunk. Would you insist that they be fired from their job.

I think that people must remember that being a premier is a job, and at night when Campbell gets home, he is Gordon Campbell, just as he is Premier Cambell. He was not “on the job” when he was caught. He was driving, not to a speech or a school, or to parliment, just driving. And I think that every person is allowed mistakes, especially when your mistakes are magnified by 100 (as Premier Campbell’s are.)

[quote=“brian_177”]

You’re kidding, right?

I mean Gordon Campbell himself gave a speech in the last campaign where he talked about politicians and criminal charges. He said, basically, that MLAs found guilty of criminal offences should be fired. Of course, he didn’t mean him. And um, yeah, so he was found guilty of a criminal offence… um sorry, didn’t mean that.

A criminal offence by definition is “an offence involving dishonesty or deception or a serious arrestable offence”.

I assume that you are talking about Premier Campbell’s drunk driving thing. I am not sure if he was arrested or not. If he wasn’t, than it wasn’t a criminal offence.

Even if he was arrested, i still think that he deserves a bit of slack. I would say this about an NDP premier too. When you are in a position of responsibilty you are consantly under a spotlight by people.

If, say, you caught your good friend driving drunk. Would you insist that they be fired from their job.

I think that people must remember that being a premier is a job, and at night when Campbell gets home, he is Gordon Campbell, just as he is Premier Cambell. He was not “on the job” when he was caught. He was driving, not to a speech or a school, or to parliment, just driving. And I think that every person is allowed mistakes, especially when your mistakes are magnified by 100 (as Premier Campbell’s are.)[/quote]

First off if he wasnt arrested he wouldnt have had mugshots taken. Second he was so drunk he could not stand this is the same guy who represents the province of BC do you want a criminal representing you? how about a drunk? how about someone who gets so drunk he cant stand then hops in a car and drives off? what about if he hit a kid? Your argument is bullshit he deserves less slack than your average person. Drunk driving is a crime in BC he is a criminal Personally I do not want a lying criminal representing me, let alone someone who doesnt have the balls to suffer the consequences of what he did and crys like a bitch for our sympathy.

It was Campbell himself that said that MLAs should be fired if found guilty of criminal offences, not me. Of course, he changed his mind when it involved him.

You gotta love the ole “Double Standards.” It applies to pretty much every position out there. It’s all bad if someone else does it, but of course it’s a “different situation” as soon as you are involved yourself.

I wonder if someone had been busted for smoking a joint if Campbell would veto their nomination as a Liberal candidate then. Too bad ther wasn’t an AskThePremier website…

oh man i can see it now though… someone acting as if they were premier gordzilla making an ask gordo website.

The you get the same old speech
-“Mr. Campbell, How are you going to address the shortage of long term care beds in the hospital?”

“We in BC are the best economy right now, we have 2000 new jobs as of January. We have put more and more money into the school systems…”

-“Mr. Campbell your time is up!”

“We are creating more oppertunities than ever…”

-“Mr Campbell your red light is on, SHUT UP NOW!”

askgordo.com whatever question you input with the form, you get same swf of him sneering as he repeats the same speech!