And for Mayor

plumping

EG If there are six seats open and you just cast a vote for one candidate, that person gets a vote from you but none of the others do. So it helps just one person. If you cast six votes it helps six people. Say you use your 5th and 6th votes for people you don’t really know or support, you may help elect them over the ones you really support. It’s called plumping by the way.

Precisely what I meant. If you REALLY want Anna Ashley (for example) on council, but no one else really impresses you–only X in one box, rather than six, and your single vote is far less diluted.

Yeah so I saw that someone was mentioning Carlie Truman way back there, great person as a lawyer and I had the honor of knowing her when she became a judge, did she not go to Surrey area? Lots of fun she was good party person.

Um, just vote for people you want elected, and don’t vote for people you don’t want to be elected.  Simple.

Very true. Oh and um… Didn’t realize your questions were rhetorical, my bad.

Did Don Scott leave office to run for the Liberals in the provincials, so how do we not know he will not do this stunt again. I am just curious and I have an inquiring mind. But thank God that Pond is going. Started choking on his own tongue this last while.

So, Herb gonna run for MLA now?

i’ve heard pros and cons about both guys running -anybody got any more insights?

Both candidates are nice guys, mean well and certainly not show boat material like you know who. Jack knows city business like the back of his hand was under Peter Lester for years and there is a man to learn from, I have heard shit about the landlord part but as steward of our town A One I believe. Don Scott pretty laid back kind of man easier to approach I believe and a good listener. Both have city folk in mind not just their names.

I have  known Jack for many years a very smart guy who is very good with public speaking. I have known Don for many years as well, he too is smart just a bit gun shy talking to the public though.

I’ve heard that Mr. Mussallem wasn’t very dilligent or thorough in is work when he was City Clerk, has anyone else heard anything like this?

Well that’s a nice little bit of unsubstantiated character assasination.

So if someone suggests that the lifeguards at the pool regularly let children drown, we’re supposed to believe that as well?

Just wondering… cause both points have equal levels of credibility at the moment.

If you heard these items about Mr. Mussallem perhaps you could itemize them and provide the references from which they came…  just for the sake of credibility…

I heard the lifeguards tie lead weights on the kids legs then go in the office and shoot heroin.

Dude,  thats not even funny.  I happen to know some people there…

I’ll have you know they don’t inject thier heroin,  they snort it.  Jeeez  Get your facts right.

LOL–gotta say, if it was Council Watch making the same kind of comment about a Councillor, no one would say a word.

The story I heard was from a previous (left of his own accord, before anyone says he’s bitter because he was fired) city work supervisor–don’t know what the actual department is called. However, I’m not one to listen to only one person, which is why I asked if anyone else had heard this.

He’s running for Mayor, Podunk. Rumours are going to fly. I’m trying to get the facts straight on this particular one.

I will always support your right to post, eccentric:-)  But, remember, Jack can also read this forum if he so chooses.  Just food for thought. :smile:

Mr. Mussallem is welcome to read my posts–I don’t regret what I posted. It’s just something I heard.

Okay:-)  Just thought I’d mention that:-)

Sorry to disappoint you Eccrentric, but I only make comments that I believe to be true. 

Furthermore, Jack is a pretty upstanding guy, and most of us know that he won’t allow the job of being Mayor go to his head like someone else we know.  If either Jack or Don gets elected, I think you will see a definite improvement in the travel budget.  After all, isn’t that why they invented computers, telephones and emails. 

Recognizing that there is a definite need for our Mayor to travel in order to market Prince Rupert is understandable, but Mayor Pond took every opportunity that he could to use our hard earned tax dollars to travel, with no direct results to Prince Rupert.

If you can tell me one thing that Herb has done in the past few years that has had a significant positive impact on Prince Rupert, please feel free to tell us…