And for Mayor

Did you read the whole post? How about the first one where it said it what a Prince Rumour poll?

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … 56279.html

It appears Don Scott will run again.

9 out of 10 dogs are Kennedy supporters but the cat vote has dropped off dramatically ever since the feral cat debate the cats don’t like his wilingness to remove them from the kittylitter tray

Yeah Don has my vote, Mario and Nelson for sure but please no red neck or racist. Then we have Gabe. I would like to see some very together and smart woman make a run, maybe Erica. Then Mig.

Don Scott was a “big industry” booster last time in - including fish farms.  Leopards don’t changes spots - they just try to blend-in.

Gabe and Fitzpatrick will need God’s divine intervention to get elected, they both place in the bottom 2 every time they run!  I’ll give them a T for trying but thats it…no vote if they are in the running.

Where are you getting that fitzpatrick is running?  I doubt he could come up with the cash to file the papers!  MAybe Joe Vicount and Ditzpatrick are one in the same

I find it funny that Vicount is even running …and Gabe give it up…
But like you say gotta give Gabe something for trying over and over…

thought for sure you would offer your talent to the cause

Fitzpatrick started by Justin Case. 

Couldn’t imagine which could be worse, Vicount or Fitzpatrick… they’re both out in left field somewhere, I can’t understand what the hell their talking about half the time, 2nd thought make that all the time!  :unamused:

I’ll start my vote with Jack and Anna.

So - every now and again we get what we ask for.  :smiley:

After working for a month on a federal campaign - I can’t promise how together I will appear  :astonished: but I certainly have a better idea of campaigning needs this time around. This time I will give you reasons to vote for me.

I am, very much, looking forward to developing a platform to offer Rupertites. It is my intention to run a (real) campaign this time - to give voters a (real) chance to get to know what I stand for.

I will be drawing on my previous and current research efforts on best practices from other jurisdictions - rather than reinventing the wheel. Prince Rupert is not the first resource-based community with diverse cultures to hit this low point.

I know a lot of folks are looking at the numbers of people running and thinking - not again! But it looks to me like there are just enough people that anyone who really wants a seat will have to work for it.

After all, this is going to be a very interesting and challenging term for the council of 2008 - 2011. Getting elected is only the START of the work!

Watch for me after October 14 - General Election day for the Federal election. Don’t forget to vote in ALL elections!

So how many votes do we get for Council? 

My Truman friend once said to me, “there’s nothing like a silversides”.  I will always remember Carlie for her expertese in decision-making attributes.

“period paragraph”

[quote=“MiG”]
So how many votes do we get for Council?  [/quote]

Assuming the same as last election…

There are 6 council seats to elect bums into - therefore there are 6 votes per eligible voter.

Remember though, that even if every Rupertite only votes for one councillor candidate, we will still have 6 councillors at the end of Nov 15.

Ok, is it the same for the school board as well?

Cst Ferman you’re dating yourself, been around Rupert for a while have you! 

Naw, I’m just checking to see if there are any others OLDER than I.  Carlie is senior to me, but a person whom I’ve always looked up to.  She actually got me on to the Omni magazine around the time when she was pretty tight with Crown.  I ran into her a few time at Granville Island when I lived in Vancouver, and she hasn’t changed a bit.  A very good person, in my opinion. 

Omni magazine too bad it went the way of the dinosaur :cry:

Yes, you get as many votes as there are positions, and your vote, or votes, obviously have more effect the fewer you cast.

Huh?