Your New Premier is

Liberals have elected Christy Clark as the new leader of the party and until the next election, the new Premier of British Columbia.

Final vote tallies on the third count were

Kevin Falcon: 4,080
Christy Clark: 4,420

Does the NDP have anyone equal to the challenge ahead, or have the Liberals guaranteed another four years of Liberal rule?

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Now she has to win a by-election as she isn’t currently an MLA.

I truly enjoyed the long faces on the 3 pundits at the CTV booth.
All 3 confident Falcon would win, even saying he was a carbon copy of El Gordo. So fucking far out of touch…
The Liberals are a little more liberal now. Can they handle it?

A by election could be interesting. Campbell would step down and Clark could run in Point Grey. Last election Campbell took 50% of the vote to 41% for the NDP. The only other candidates were from the Green and the Sex parties.

What happens if a credible Conservative runs in Point Grey?

My guess is that she will not take the risk. She has said that she would call an early election - say the fall - which would avoid the need for a by election.

dosnt mean nothing for the north coast we will stay NDP which means no down payment
and get screwed over because now gary will call her a bitch and we will get 00000.

[quote=“ajaye46”]dosnt mean nothing for the north coast we will stay NDP which means no down payment
and get screwed over because now gary will call her a bitch and we will get 00000.[/quote]

As it will remain for as long as people think the provincial gov’t can do dick shit about Prince Rupert. Rather have a Liberal like we do and wonder why you still don’t get handouts? They don’t believe in handouts, they want you to get off your ass and start a business or move to where the jobs are.

We are a have not city and we will stay that way until we can our shit together
and start danceing with the right partner.

Mmm. So what you’re saying is that Rupert’s getting screwed because it doesn’t elect Liberals, so the thing to do is elect the people that are screwing you?
Yeah, I’ll run right out and do that.
Not.

[quote=“ajaye46”]we will stay that way until we can our shit together
.[/quote]

As I get ready for bed, I am not sure which image will cause a nightmare: Christy Clark as premier or Rupert residents canning our shit together.

[quote=“ajaye46”]We are a have not city and we will stay that way until we can our shit together
and start danceing with the right partner.[/quote]

Unlike you, I’d rather elect a suitable voice for our provincial riding than someones who’s an ass kisser and/or likes getting kissed on the ass.

As you demonstrate so far here, Ajaye, you are an ass kisser.

[quote=“PLA”]

[quote=“ajaye46”]We are a have not city and we will stay that way until we can our shit together

Unlike you, I’d rather elect a suitable voice for our provincial riding than someones who’s an ass kisser and/or likes getting kissed on the ass.

As you demonstrate so far here, Ajaye, you are an ass kisser.[/quote]

What’s the difference between a brown noser and an ass kisser?

Depth Perception…

How many of those votes were legitimate? Probably not too many. I don’t care which corrupt money grubbing theif got chosen they are all bad for our province. Unfortunately there isn’t anyone else running that would be any better. I’m sure christy will get the shredders running in double quick time to get rid of whatever documents are left pertaining to her and bc rail.

Also she looks like a royal cunt/ self important real estate agent.

[quote=“Smurfette”]
Does the NDP have anyone equal to the challenge ahead, or have the Liberals guaranteed another four years of Liberal rule?
Discuss amongst yourselves.[/quote]

That is a very good question, Smurfette. Interesting times ahead. :smile:
I will be curious to see who we elect as the new leader of the NDP. We need to get this one right (Yes. I am a party member).

As much as I hate to agree with Ajay,I do agree with part of what he said about dancing with the right partner.
Just about every major investment made n Prince Rupert was done with a local MLA or MP whose party was in power.
Ridley was with Iona and the liberals in power federally, container port and Atlin when Belsey and his party was in charge provincially, and as flawed as it was Dan Miller and the NDP did invest in our mill when NDP was in power provincially.
There will be some investment coming our way with Ridley because of the screaming done by peace river MP Chris Warkentin( is a conservative MP) who wants more coal mining in the interior and need Prince Rupert to have more capacity to make it viable.
I do believe it is very difficult to get any major projects to fly without wielding some political clout.
I am happy Clark won in the sense that she seems to indicate there will be an earlier election, and I do believe the NDP will oust the Liberals and Coons will be sitting on the governing side of the house.

NDP will not win the next election due to the fact they back stabbed their leader, they are more fractious party then the liberals are due to this. real NDPers will still vote for them but the ones that go back and forth will be harder to convince

Or the butt stubborn right won’t accept a more centrist approach and will start a “Tea Party” style campaign to shoot themselves in the foot. I prefer a choice of Left, Center and Wrong.

Ahem…you don’t think that Mr. Campbell was encouraged to step down? :smile:
You do make a point. On the surface it would seem that there are divisions within the NDP. However, the next election is over two years away (unless Clark calls it early) and Ms. Clark will no doubt start to wear thin after the honeymoon period passes. If people assess the government on their record then the Liberals are in trouble. We will need to wait and see on this one. A lot will depend on the new leader of the NDP.

There is talk of a new party in BC and mostly those with the conservative ideology and old social credits will probably form that party. If there is a future election in BC, there will probably be 3 parties that people can join and support. It looks like interesting times ahead in BC politics.

Actually, and I have to admit (and I’m sure Jesus will kill me for that lol), I voted for a BCLiberal candidate in another riding last election because of Carole James and her brand of NDP she leads. The only time I would vote NDP if I’m currently residing in the North Coast riding and Gary Coons as the candidate.

In my perfect world I like to see Harry Lali as chosen leader and ultimately become premier, but too bad this is not the case. All I could only hope for is the members of the NDP have the spine to get rid of Moe Sihota and not elect that weasel Adrian Dix as leader.

[quote=“PLA”]
Actually, and I have to admit (and I’m sure Jesus will kill me for that lol), I voted for a BCLiberal candidate in another riding last election because of Carole James and her brand of NDP she leads. .[/quote]

I also did not like James and her style of politics. I am hopeful that the NDP will choose a leader that will unite the party. We sure could use your support in 2013. :smile: