Your New Premier is

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“PLA”]
Actually, and I have to admit (and I’m sure Jesus will kill me for that lol), I voted for a BCLiberal candidate in another riding last election because of Carole James and her brand of NDP she leads. .[/quote]

I also did not like James and her style of politics. I am hopeful that the NDP will choose a leader that will unite the party. We sure could use your support in 2013. :smile:[/quote]

Well, I’m somewhat leaning towards voting for the NDP, but I’m watching. Next election will be very interesting.

I wasn’t expecting sketchy Christy to become BCLiberal leader. Carbon Copy Kevin being close to becoming Premier almost wanted me to leave BC for good. O_O

Well it is very gratifying to see that our Premier has emotional depth and maturity. Ha-ha-ha-ha:) I will apologize in advance, but, I could not resist.

Clark likes MANswers

Voters appear to have a short memory and appear to be forgiving of government corruption. Frankly, voting for the BC liberal party that long ago lost it’s sense of morality versus another party isn’t a tough choice at all. It will take more than a new leader to clean up the cesspool that is the legacy of the BC liberal party under Campbell. The fact they elected a leader with such intimate ties to the BC Rail Scandal shows the liberals are indeed scraping the bottom of the pork barrel.

Christy Clark has not been found with her hand in the cookie jar, nor in fact has her brother and campaign manager despite the appearances of both of these individuals feeding at the trough. If Christy Clark really wants me to believe she is a change from the Campbell days… she needs to call a public inquiry and give it judicial powers to get to the bottom of the BC Rail scandal. It goes without saying… appointing a friend of the liberal government to head up this inquiry would be a non starter.

Only in BC would we allow criminals to walk away while we pick up the tab for their defense.The fact this happened 1 day before Collins was to appear in court and 2 days before Campbell was due to appear in court is a pile of manure and the stench is very much on Clark, her family, her campaign manager and her other cronies.

At the end of the day, we’ll see that Clark’s rhetoric about open government is the same drivel that Campbell fed the unwashed masses in BC and we won’t see any real attempt to get to the bottom of the BC Rail Scandal. She knows she doesn’t dare expose her family and new colleagues to the chance the real truth will come out.

And btw, the fact the NDP took the tough decision to turf a leader that no one took seriously and would never lead the NDP to power wasn’t such a bad idea and shows the type of pragmatism that the NDP needs to display more often.

theprovince.com/news/Virk+ga … story.html

thecanadian.org/k2/item/468-basi … ic-inquiry

theprovince.com/news/Rail+to … story.html

billtieleman.blogspot.com/2010/1 … risty.html

alexgtsakumis.com/2010/12/13/bas … sty-clark/

vancouversun.com/news/Paul+W … story.html

so 2 ppl plead guilty after a trial starts for influence peddling, reams of documents released by the court and no smoking gun to link the government to the influence peddling, selling BC Rail which helped Rupert get a container port, and you want to waste how many millions on a public inquiry into it? then what you will complain about the amount spent on the inquiry to come to the same conclusion? as for the NDP leadership Carole James tried to take the party into the 21st century not go backwards as is the case with most of the leadership candidates. the only one worthy of replacing James is Farnsworth but even he will only be a caretaker. If you really want ppl to take the NDP serious then at all conventions take away the Unions right to have about 20% or more of the delegates appointed by them, have a real democratic party, if the liberals had that rule for business’s then i’m sure the leftist in the province would cry foul over it.

Wow I hope you recover your sense of smell soon. The fact the RCMP have not laid charges against Clark’s brother or her campaign manager doesn’t mean this affair doesn’t reek of corruption that extends past the small fry. Clark’s brother received confidential documents according to the wire taps, Clark’s campaign manager was a consultant doing what on the BC Rail deal?. The fact that a 7 year process wound up the day before the politicians would have to appear under oath and the province sucks back the legal expenses for these two admitted criminals doesn’t strike you as odd?

You won’t find me screaming about spending money to get to the truth of corruption but you will find me screaming when we don’t get best dollar for public assets like BC Rail and Roberts Bank because the party in power wishes to reward it’s friends or line it’s pockets. The fact the sale of BC Rail was a large benefit to the North Coast is no excuse for letting crooks go free and not getting to the truth.

As for taking the NDP seriously, meh… they have two years under a new leader to prove their worth. The liberals have already shot themselves in the foot by electing Clark as their party leader.

Jabber, As for the “no smoking gun” comment, visit Alex Tsukamis’ blog. It could not be more plain that Christy Clark is directly tied to “influence peddling”. The story appeared on the blog a week ago, at least two major newspapers had considered printing it, then changed their minds. Instead, we got MSM silence. They didn’t want to “influence the outcome of the convention”. No wonder nobody relies on the MSM for news any more.

For NDP supporters, the new premier is a golden gift. Not only is she a hothead who talks first and (occasionally) thinks later, but she also allows the reek of the BC Rail scandal to continue plaguing the Liberals. Besides, how can a candidate call herself an “outsider”, advocating “change”, when she has Patrick Kinsella as her campaign advisor?

They sold BC Rail so you could get a container port?
Better tell the rest of BC, cuz we’re wondering what we got for it. And under the impression those hundreds of millions the Economic Development Fund, the Province, the Port Authority kicked in wasn’t another handout to CN,

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]They sold BC Rail so you could get a container port?
Better tell the rest of BC, cuz we’re wondering what we got for it. And under the impression those hundreds of millions the Economic Development Fund, the Province, the Port Authority kicked in wasn’t another handout to CN,[/quote]

Welcome to the mindset that typifies what’s wrong with Rupert… Tax and spend it on your family and buddies…just business as usual in Prince Rupert. We are entitled here and if selling BC Rail and Roberts Bank below market value to line the pockets of politico’s and crooked senior bureaucrats… that’s ok.

Well the only tie-in with BC Rail I’m aware of is that they don’t have to switch Tumbler Ridge coal from the old BC Rail to CN in Prince George and save a little. And coal doesn’t ship in containers.

the company that tried to get inside information was not CN Rail it was omnitrack, so the ones trying to get inside information didn’t win the one that did things by the book won the BC rail sweepstakes, and again why no charges if as you say they are connected to the insider corruption? you think RCMP are in the liberals pockets as well?, doesn’t matter what a blogger writes it is up to the RCMP and their legal opinion with an independent judicator, which is appointed, when an MLA is involved, should be charged, guess what they all said no, are they also corrupt or is their not enough evidence to charge them? or heavens to hell they are actually , wait for it , wait for it, INNOCENT

They still illegally fed information to Omnitrack and are therefore guilty. Just because a scam doesn’t succeed doesn’t make the perpetrators innocent.

And we paid their legal bills. What bullshit!

Until they elect a new leader for themselves (apparently un-satisfied with the old one it would seem) perhaps the NDP might put aside the bombast for just a little bit of time.

communities.canada.com/theprovin … black.aspx

One would think that they would like to get their own house in order before taking the fight on to the Liberals.

Sometimes it seems that the NDP can’t help themselves in the cause of shooting at the feet and then wonder why they don’t find enough votes on election day.

[quote=“chookie”]

[quote=“ajaye46”]We are a have not city and we will stay that way until we can our shit together
and start danceing with the right partner.[/quote]

As much as I hate to agree with Ajay,I do agree with part of what he said about dancing with the right partner.
Just about every major investment made n Prince Rupert was done with a local MLA or MP whose party was in power.
Ridley was with Iona and the liberals in power federally, container port and Atlin when Belsey and his party was in charge provincially, and as flawed as it was Dan Miller and the NDP did invest in our mill when NDP was in power provincially.
There will be some investment coming our way with Ridley because of the screaming done by peace river MP Chris Warkentin( is a conservative MP) who wants more coal mining in the interior and need Prince Rupert to have more capacity to make it viable.
I do believe it is very difficult to get any major projects to fly without wielding some political clout.
I am happy Clark won in the sense that she seems to indicate there will be an earlier election, and I do believe the NDP will oust the Liberals and Coons will be sitting on the governing side of the house.[/quote]

How about some reality here,
Iona C= Northland Navigation shuts down,
Bill Belsey= Skeena pulp, Butze Bay Sawmill and forest industry shuts down

Jim Fulton was MP when Ridley was built.
Who was the MP when the Drydock shut down?

The Pork Barrel theory of politics is BS
More than ever politicians have nothing to do with the economy, it is the Corporations calling the shots, if Fairview made no sense fiscally it would never have happened.

[quote=“leroy”]

As much as I hate to agree with Ajay,I do agree with part of what he said about dancing with the right partner.
Just about every major investment made n Prince Rupert was done with a local MLA or MP whose party was in power.
Ridley was with Iona and the liberals in power federally, container port and Atlin when Belsey and his party was in charge provincially, and as flawed as it was Dan Miller and the NDP did invest in our mill when NDP was in power provincially.
There will be some investment coming our way with Ridley because of the screaming done by peace river MP Chris Warkentin( is a conservative MP) who wants more coal mining in the interior and need Prince Rupert to have more capacity to make it viable.
I do believe it is very difficult to get any major projects to fly without wielding some political clout.
I am happy Clark won in the sense that she seems to indicate there will be an earlier election, and I do believe the NDP will oust the Liberals and Coons will be sitting on the governing side of the house.

How about some reality here,
Iona C= Northland Navigation shuts down,
Bill Belsey= Skeena pulp, Butze Bay Sawmill and forest industry shuts down

Jim Fulton was MP when Ridley was built.
Who was the MP when the Drydock shut down?

The Pork Barrel theory of politics is BS
More than ever politicians have nothing to do with the economy, it is the Corporations calling the shots, if Fairview made no sense fiscally it would never have happened.[/quote]

It took several years to build Ridley,although Fulton was MP when it opened,it was well underway in 1979 when Fulton was 1st elected.
Some things are done because they make fiscal sense, but to think it makes no difference if your riding has a MP or MLA sitting on the governiong side of the house is BS.

The common mistake is to think who you vote for has any damned influence over the economy. Look at Prince George, voted Tory/Socred/Liberal since forever.
Had 80,000 people in 1970 has 78,000 people in 2011. The only significant thing any gov’t did that affected things was UNBC. Or no shit, it would be 75,000 in 2011.
All the commercial growth was location, location, location.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]The common mistake is to think who you vote for has any damned influence over the economy. Look at Prince George, voted Tory/Socred/Liberal since forever.
Had 80,000 people in 1970 has 78,000 people in 2011. The only significant thing any gov’t did that affected things was UNBC. Or no shit, it would be 75,000 in 2011.
All the commercial growth was location, location, location.[/quote]

Not to mention PG has a gang problem.