Wolves in mclymont park stairs in broad daylight!

Thanks.  I hope that one attack here in town does not happen.  Agreed.  We’ve pummeled this one to death.  Interesting debate:-)

Ismellfish  I’m in the middle of writing down some things that you have brought up in your last post, that I’m going to forward to 3 different wolf biologist, One in Montana and the other two  here in BC,

white man often feel that way about land and territory, the fact is we did not evolve here; spontaneously  arriving out of the primordial ooze. We arrived here and made a town in the middle of rainforest, this is not Vancouver with a population of 4 million people and hundred of miles of city, we are a little town, in the middle of no where surrounded by rain forest for a thousand kilometres each way.
All wildlife was here first period. 
Now to my point, the reason Im writing to the wolf biologists is something you brought up first,

We know for a fact that wolves have been here as long and longer then white men have been here, first nation people have a long oral history with the wolves.  What if wolves here and in some places on the coast that have been isolated from tremendous growth have like you said become accustomed to humans, they’re not habituated to humans but in a gray area, still fearing man but living of the scarps of humanity.  We here on the coast don’t see the same problems as the people on Vancouver island, the reason the growth the population boom that has happened there in the last 20 years, same as Alaska the population there over the last 30 years has been tremendous with a population less the a few hundred thousand to tripling over the last 30 years.  So maybe wolves the wolves have adapted to us, I know sounds like a fairy tale, that’s why I’m going to the wolf biologists who have the knowledge. I only have experiences.  When I finish with the letter I will post it here and the response I hope to get.

I don’t even want to know…

I’m going to add one more thing before I leave this thread.

Truth of the matter is that we are part of the animal planet and have the right to occupy space just as much as any other living thing around us.  We don’t occupy a great deal of space, especially in this country.  It’s not alot to ask to have a small space.

we need to have a sit down with the animals and let them now its time they pack up their belongings and leave us two legged creatures alone. maybe ismellfish can be the two legged moderator. lol…

Unfortunately, these creatures have come down from the mountains because they are being starved out of there own environment, which ultimately we have caused because we haven’t taken care of what has been given to us.  Also, if there were a bit more control over the deer situation within city limits, we wouldn’t be seeing our four legged friends at all…

um i realy dont think that’s the case… there is in fact too many deer. they have come in to town forever. so ya there we go again… :smile: