Wolf sighting?

RCMP are warning people to be on the look out for a wolf last seen wandering around in the 200 block of Prince Rupert Boulevard, near Charles Hays Secondary School.

“The schools have been notified,â€

Bear (my next door neighbour’s dog) was barking rather meanly at a wolf in my backyard monday morning. He usually barks at dogs that walk past the house, but my mom said he was barking different than usual, so she looked to see what he was barking at and there was a wolf in our backyard.

It’s probably the same wolf that’s by the school, as there’s the whole wooded area inbetween 11th east and PRB.

Anita lives by Seal Cove school, and she’s been seeing a wolf around her backyard every now and then.

That seriously annoys me when the authority has to destroy an animal when it poses a “threat” to society. Just move it and let nature take it’s course. No wonder animals are going extinct.

By the way, this is Anita using Steve’s identity.

It’s because it’s sick so they are going to shoot it, I agree it’s dumb they should just throw it out in the bush, but then it might come back or something.

dd

It is annoying, but from the RCMP’s point of view, I’m sure an $0.85 cent bullet and hours time is more economic than doing the whole, track_and_shoot_then_transport_and_release deal. From a tax paying perspective, I wouldn’t mind throwing in the extra 2 cents or whatver it works out to for the animal to be ‘moved out’. However, I’m sure that that idea doesn’t fall under the ‘best fit’ solutions category. Especially if people are complaining about a wolf in their backyard to their loal authorities. If everyone would calm down and take a minute to realize that Prince Rupert is literally built around these guys’ home, they might feel differently about wolf sightings in the city.

For the record… I have seen wolves in or around Rupert for as long as I can remember. Infact a couple years ago, Mel and I saw 3 or more in one evening on the island.

I think this particular wolf was a diseased/old animal. When they get to that point they become dangerous because they move into the cities and eat pets, garbage, etc, because it’s easier.

Pets that cant defend themselves against a decrepit old wolf deserve to get eaten :wink:

IE: Poodles, shiatsus, etc etc…

Dumb-ass, yappy lap dogs. I hate nothing more!

But yeah, I see the point :wink:

We’ve got a huge population of coyotes and black bears down here… Neither of which pose a problem to livestock or pets… I guess those northern wolves just suck.

And paris hiltons dog to

[quote=“orangetang”]Pets that cant defend themselves against a decrepit old wolf deserve to get eaten :wink:

IE: Poodles, shiatsus, etc etc…

Dumb-ass, yappy lap dogs. I hate nothing more!

But yeah, I see the point :wink:

We’ve got a huge population of coyotes and black bears down here… Neither of which pose a problem to livestock or pets… I guess those northern wolves just suck.[/quote]

My dog can defend itself against a wolf, ‘cause I have an SKS and a huntin’ license, eh.

Heh, I was out shootign mine the other day. FMJ ammo just seems wrong… regardless, it’s almost time for another crate. Buddy shot a tree to see if it would go through… It went through all ~26" or so with a hole only about the size of powerade lid on the backside. I imagine that’s about as thick a tree they’d go through.

I’m not sure if you read the little thing they got posted on marstar MiG, but they recommend frequent bore and action cleanings after using that specific ammo as it has a corrisive primer which seems to instigate oxidization on all parts it contacts. :unamused:

Mine has only been cleaned once or twice and I see no signs of any rust or corrosion… Just thought I would pass that on to you.

Yeah, appariently my dog in Rupert was attacked by a wolf just a little while ago. She’s not really a big dog and kinda a pussy but luckly it got scared away before it could do any real damage. Has there been many more wolf sightings up around the pigit/overlook area? You think they would re-locate these damn racoons we got here in Van while there moving your wolves around :smiley:

mmm… BBQ

Even out at campus eh? When I lived in West Van, there were so many of those fuckers… Knocking over garbage cans and tryignt o get into the house. They’re just as bad as that silly funny movie when they get into that cabin :wink:

I have only 2 spotted in the Kelowna area so far.

rawr.

I have seen two eagle ripping apart a cat, one dog with a dead cat in it’s mouth walking up the street, and now, OUR CAT IS MISSING! :imp:

I think the wolf is dead I heard a loud gun shot just by my house this afternoon.

My dad also said they were chasing after it right behind our house… so I assume he’s dead

Actually I jsut found out they wounded it. Might be dead might be more mad?

Im near Rupert Blvd and I heard a few gun shots last night.

This afternoon I seen like 4 cop cars and a conservation officer sporting a gun.
Hmm maybe they need more target practise ?