Wolf sighting?

There’s more than one wolf… read today’s Daily News front page.

tinyurl.com/5mq2m

I’m just saying cant they set a trap?

maybeput a group of chiwowas in a clearing in the woods and set up some snipers down wind so the wolves wont smell them

I heard the cop this afternoon was about 20 feet away with a pretty powerful rifle and shot 4 times and missed… possibly wounded the animal… our cops need some target practice

ATTENTION. If anyone sees a big bad wolf at any gas stations refilling with air please contact police and inform any three little pigs.

You know, the difference between e-mail and a web-forum is that you don’t need to respond to every single post on a web forum.

Yes but if I didnt you’d have no one to make fun of would you.

I think they should get a lady wolf, then bring the lady wolf to the male wolf so they can make little psycho wolves. Then we can shoot em all with cap guns…weee

We’ll I belive that they should just leave to wolfs, they’ll take off eventually I’d think… But i agree trap them and set them free.
Killing them dont’ solve anything.

I was watching tv lastnight around 4:30am and then i heard all this noise on my deck, i never thougth anything of it and then something keep hitting my sliding door and then i thought i was the wind or something, i woke up the next day and my garbage was torn apart and i guess either the wolf? or a bird or something was going threw it. :unamused: i set food out there tonight to see if it would come back and then ill call the cops, but no luck so far.

lol

I’ve lived here 15 years and never saw a wolf, I Live on PRB and got my video cam and new digital camera by the door just incase there near, I can go snap some pics. People get so wound up over a wolf. If you have cats and dogs keep them indoors for the time being. The wolves come go all the time and they swim from island to island going after the deer. its just easer pickens to go after the house hold pets right now. we dont have a wolf problem we have a deer problem, the wolfs help keep the deer population down. If it wasnt for the wolves, the deer could pass on disease that could be passed on to house hold pets. I also herd the gun shots the other night as well. I understand people have conserns for there children and pets. but check out how many wolf attacks there has been over the last 500 years…lol… you have a better chance of getting hit by a car then chased down by a wolf…lol… anyways if you see it take some pics and post them… and yes I have children and small pets. use common sence people. Remember the wolves have always been here, way before man populated this island, this is not a new phenonemnon.

What about June bugs, do we have those?

a couple i think. they only come out in may tho

Ever fry a June bug on one of those electric tennis raquets?

I heard ones that, the cops have to pay for their own bullets or something like that.

They are given so much and then after that they have to pay out of their own pocket?

Thats for practice ammunition. The RCMP (or any other BC police force) doesn’t give them an unlimited supply. They only give them so much each year and after that if you want to practice, it’s on your own dime.

Mike

From the Daily News: tinyurl.com/6kcbs

Wolf shot and killed but at least one more still prowling the city

Â

By James Vassallo

The Prince Rupert Daily News

February 10, 2005

Conservation officers have taken care of one of the wolves terrorizing pets in the city.

“We did encounter a wolf in the Sherbrooke area and followed it out to Highway 16,â€

Really smart, somebody was hand-feeding a wolf.

[quote] As she walked her dog, she was approached by the animal, which was close enough for her to touch.

“I hit it in the face with rocks, but it just kept coming back,â€[/quote]