Will Petronas pull the plug in March 2016? Was Grant's prediction true?

Liquefied natural gas bridge to Hawaii collapses

Nixed long-term FortisBC LNG deal underscores growing competitiveness of renewables

https://www.biv.com/article/2016/7/liquefied-natural-gas-bridge-hawaii-collapses/

British Columbia LNG…“A bridge fuel too far”…Grant G July 26th/2016

Yes, you fine Prince Rupertilians can quote me…

You still haven’t answered my question…

1 Like

he probably won’t and just wait another day for another google search and link to say how Petronas is not going to go ahead LOL

3 Likes

It’s Not going ahead!!

1 Like

What? He won’t answer my question? He can’t escape my question, and never will.

1 Like

I continue to post LNG news, you Prince Rupertilians continue to spew …nothing, nothing at all…So funny…2020 will arrive in 3 1/2 years and Petronas still won’t have a shovel in the ground…and still you fine folk will be saying…But, but but but, but Petronas is still here…Grant G is wrong…because any year now the $trillion dollar bounty will start…" a fool and their money…"

Shell defers decision on Louisiana LNG investment

LONDON–Royal Dutch Shell PLC is deferring a final investment decision this year on a big facility to export liquefied natural gas from Lake Charles, Louisiana, citing a current oversupply of the fuel and affordability of the project amid lower oil prices, the company’s chief executive said Thursday.

It is the second delay Shell has made to a big LNG project. Earlier this month the Anglo-Dutch oil giant said it was delaying FID on an LNG export project in Kitimat in Canada.

“This is not the moment to commit to large-scale capital outlays”…

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/shell-defers-decision-on-louisiana-lng-investment-2016-07-28-84855613?mod=mw_share_twitter

Energy companies adding LNG export plants in places like Australia and the U.S. have helped push down the price of spot LNG in Singapore from more than $14 per million British thermal units in October 2014 to $5.65 this week. Spot prices will fall to $3.80 by 2018 as more production capacity comes online, BMI Research said in a July 12 research note.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-07-28/hong-kong-billionaires-power-companies-team-up-on-2020-lng-goal

Even Christy Clark, and Rich(gasbag) Coleman have stopped blathering about LNG…the gig is up…that includes Woodfibre LNG in Squamish…that ain’t being built either…

Cheers Eyes Wide Open

1 Like

Hey Mr. Trump of Powell River, do you spare a minute to discuss about why you accuse Mr. Kristoff of being a racist?

2 Likes

he is too busy googling LNG bad news stories, what he doesn’t read in the Shell story is they are looking at 2 projects out of the 3 main ones that they are considering, one of the projects is going ahead in the US it is a plastic plant if I remember the other 2 are LNG projects, one in kitimat ant the other in Louisiana, they are going to pick one of those, oh wait he thinks the delaying of the FID means they are going to cancel them instead of saying they are canceling them.

1 Like

A reminder, you too can be like Grant.

Step 1: go here: http://bit.ly/petronas-will-pull-the-plug-March-2016

Step 2: copy and paste any story that shows up in the above link.

Step 3: ignore any replies or attempts to engage in any sort of conversation.

2 Likes

Yes, it is easy.

1 Like

Kitimat had a cool float for Riverboat Days. Trailer made up as a ship and a live band on board. “We want LNG” on the side.
Sad as all the wanting in the world won’t change the market conditions. Just glad my sisters and I cashed in all the Chevron shares my Dad left us before everything crashed.
Also saw a lot more windmill pieces on their way inland. Something to ponder: with the leaps and bounds in alternative energy, can the oil & gas market revive in time to stay King?

guess who owns most of those windmills? oil companies. and when you sell chevron shares when they drop i buy them and watch them grow back to normal in 2 years or less

The eternal optimist returns. Still waiting to retire from all your BCRIC shares?

Those windmills are all on their way to Alberta. As for being used by the oil companies I guess we have to wait and see. I saw at least 8 containers at rest stops between Terrace and Edmonton. They are pricey pieces of equipment.

It’s been two years and the price is at sub $40 a barrel. Hate to say but the Albertans might’ve pissed away their last oil boom.

Good bye Petronas!

1 Like

You beat Grant to it. Don’t worry, expect him to show up and copy and paste the entire article anyway. And then say “see, I was right! Petronas will pull the plug in March 2016!!!”

3 Likes

Oh look Grant has a fan :slight_smile: That being said even if Petronas does not proceed there still is the AltaGas project on Ridley Island which is more of a sure bet. No pipeline and the facility joins the coal and grain terminals.
I blame the Federal Governments for no LNG proposals being started. They allowed the US to beat Canada in the shipping of LNG. But I believe that until I hear the word CANCELLED anything can happen,

As I understand it the final decision for the environmental assessment from the federal government is expected at the end of September.

LNG export in BC is not dead as some hope to believe. This article was posted on the First Nations LNG Alliance Facebook page. http://www.dawsoncreekmirror.ca/regional-news/lng/imperial-oil-exxonmobil-lng-project-gets-15-year-extension-on-export-licence-1.2313267