Will Petronas pull the plug in March 2016? Was Grant's prediction true?

So I heard that Lax Kw’ alaams had another unanimous vote of “No” !!! Good bye Petronas!

1 Like

You need to read this LNG shocker…

## http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-21/lng-gas-bust-slashes-tax-revenues/7649336

"Australia’s largest ever investment boom of $200 billion into Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) during the past decade has crashed spectacularly, and left the Federal Government with little or no revenue to show for it…

Australia’s gas is now being exported to Asia at close to the cost of production, leaving investors with marginal returns and raising the prospect some coal seam gas projects may be mothballed…

“We are on the cusp of becoming the biggest gas or LNG exporter in the world,” energy analyst Greg Houston told 7.30.

But the collapse of the gas price means that there will be little or no financial benefit.

“The crash is a slow-moving train wreck, if you like,” Mr Houston said.

"The price has dropped by 75 per cent.

“That’s a huge financial hit to the people who have made this investment.”

Long-term contracts for Australian gas have been pegged to the price of oil, which has meant the recent steep fall in the oil price has also hit LNG exports.

“The drop in oil prices has really hit the economics of these projects hard, as it’s happening right when they are starting up and when they are achieving some revenue,” Wood Mackenzie senior analyst Saul Kavonic told 7.30…

## Australia’s resources ‘haven’t been managed that well’

Australia’s LNG boom has also been of little benefit to Australian taxpayers, according to Monash University’s Dr Diane Kraal, who said the country was virtually giving the gas away.

“In terms of revenue from tax, it’s very minimal,” she told 7.30.

“I would say at the end of the day Australians are still waiting for cash to come from these LNG projects for much-needed infrastructure in Australia.”

LNG exporters pay the Federal Government a resource rent tax originally introduced for petroleum and Dr Kraal believes that it is inappropriate for LNG.

“The LNG boom is just another example of a country with a lot of mineral resources that unfortunately haven’t been managed that well, in terms of the return to the community,” she said.

Face reality folks…nothing in BC is being built…Chevron…Shell…Exxon…Woodside…They, those energy companies are already losing money in Australia, already have excess gas to sell…

The only way to increase the world LNG price is to curtail production, stop building more LNG facilities until demand catches up to supply…at present, with current production it won’t be until 2030 before it balances…and if renewable power keeps dropping in price, there may never be a further future LNG demand…

LNG boat has sailed away…future generations will be thankful our beautiful province was spared the extensive environmental damage coming from LNG…British Columbia…frackfree

This little quote in bold helped spectacularly end the once mightly Progressive Conservative government in Alberta.

Just saying.

More bad LNG news…oh my!..lions and tigers and…Bears, as in a bearish forecast for future LNG builds…

It’s Official: Clark’s LNG ‘Plan’ Was a Fantasy

Latest developments in Hawaii should put end to faith in job, prosperity promises.

http://www.thetyee.ca/Opinion/2016/07/22/Christy-Clark-LNG-Plan-Was-a-Fantasy/

Besides…Christy Clark touted that BC would have a state of the art LNG industry…

Woodfibre LNG…in Squamish…can you say KABOOM…

Just imagine, to save money Woodfibre has purchased two 50 year old retired LNG carriers to store LNG…two rust buckets will be 85 years old and holding enough explosive power to annihilate Squamish…is that state of art technology?

I hardly think so…

Cost-cutting trumps safety at Woodfibre LNG

http://commonsensecanadian.ca/cost-cutting-trumps-safety-woodfibre-lng/

"You may well ask: What can possibly go wrong with using two “elderly” 285m.-long, bolted-together vessels holding 120,000 tonnes of flammable fracked gas in the waters of Northern Howe Sound? The answer is … plenty! Consider that:

_These ships are old! At almost 40 years old, they are among the oldest 5% of the world’s 420+ LNG carriers and 3.5 times older than the fleet’s average age. Putting that in human terms, these ships are nearing 150 years old. If installed for the 25-year life of the plant, by 2045 they would be by far the oldest active LNG vessels ever; _

An LNG plant near populated areas is no place for aging rust-buckets, acquired for eight cents on the dollar, that are well beyond their 20-year design lifetime. This lifetime takes into account the stress, metal fatigue and tank damage these ships endure from pounding waves (100 million of them over 20 years of voyages), sloshing cargoes, electrolytic thinning of the hull’s steel and rusting of key pumps and valves essential to keeping the vessel operating safely;

If a spill were to happen – an accident or a terrorist attack on these “sitting ducks” – these tankers have no secondary containment. Like Chernobyl’s reactors and Lac Megantic’s rail-cars."

Suffice to say…

Grant G was and is correct…Petronas is gone and so are the rest of the energy majors…

Pleasant dreams Mr. Kristoff

I think the Onion posted the same article.

You too can be Grant G (except you don’t need to use French accents).

Just go here daily:

http://bit.ly/petronas-will-pull-the-plug-March-2016

And copy and paste any article. Then make a prediction that Petronas will pull the plug in March 2016.

Repeat over and over.

2 Likes

Hi MIG…how are you, we haven’t chit-chatted in some time now…I do like French accents, and French licks…

You know Mig, Gracie’s mom, and others…I do care about Prince Rupert…

I dream of a day when a provincial government invests in restoring our wild salmon stocks…invests in reforesting, …a health robust sustainable commercial fishery…sustainable forestry and tourism…Just imagine, British Columbia can be, and may be the last natural northern temperate rainforest in the world…free of industrial scars(pipelines) stretching hundreds of miles…

Earth, a clean natural earth will one day be priceless…and or extinct, gone, mere ancient lore…tales to tell great great grandchildren…

_“once upon a time the oceans were alive with wondrous swimming creatures from wee tiny krill to mammoth swimming whales…we ate salmon and kelp, oysters and clams,”

LNG, BC guv says we have a 150 year supply, …yet that number has never changed, what am I talking about…if B.C. has a 150 year supply of gas…is that with 1 LNG terminal, or 10 LNG terminals…The NEB has approved 10 plus LNG projects…

150 years of gas, or 25 years of gas if all projects went through…

Christy Clark isn’t very smart, she’s slippery, fake, plastic sugeried to the hilt…indeed, …planet earth, billions of years old…mankind has been on earth, depending on who you believe, that includes religious beliefs…anywhere from 20,000 years to upwards of 3 million years…

Christy Clark blathers about a whopping 150 year supply…a microscopic sliver of time, even if one uses the mankind has been on earth for 10 to 20 thousand years…150 years is very short time…

MIG, others…

When, exactly when does current man do something, anything to improve the future of those not yet born…

Cheers Eyes Wide Open

The fact that you think I’m in favour of LNG is great evidence that you’re more interested in creating straw men to argue with than have a meaningful discussion.

You would rather have some “other” to be against you so you can copy and paste things rather than actually engage in a conversation.

Where did I write that I was in favour of LNG, Grant? I challenge you to find that quote :slight_smile: I think you’d find the opposite, if you would take time to read.

maybe you need to read more and spam less and you might be taken a bit more seriously.

1 Like

I don’t mean to sound like a broken record, but will you explain how’s he a racist and why? You haven’t answered since… March (I think).

kind of funny of you saying that stglider for their meetings are not until next week so how can they had a vote before then? if i’m right the first of these meetings take place on July 27 or 28, so unless you came from the future there has been no vote,

Well, just because I like you…

you will however have to work for the answer…Read this Straight Goods post, and, there’s a podcast linked within…there PLA you will find your answer…

http://powellriverpersuader.blogspot.ca/2015/05/why-petronas-lng-proposal-is.html

here is another LNG conversation…cknw/–july 22/2016…8:45 am to 9:00 am

http://www.cknw.com/audio/

Dermod Travis speaks LNG…eer,I mean the death of BC LNG

Grant_G,

I would appreciate it if you would post your LNG news sources without pointing us to your blog site. I somehow doubt you would permit one of our pro LNG HTMF members to post glowing LNG rhetoric on your website to counter your spin.
Stop selling your news blog site here.

2 Likes

As for you posting on my site, go-ahead, make a comment, drop a link…Good luck finding a good news LNG story to post…I don’t need your little traffic…a drip in a bucket…And, are you a moderator Hitest, not, …Just a mouthpiece with nothing to say…

Gary Lamphier: While Canada’s LNG dream fades, U.S. gears up

"British Columbia Premier Christy Clark once dreamed of wiping out her province’s debt and creating a $100-billion Prosperity Fund from the riches generated by B.C.’s nascent liquefied natural gas (LNG) industry.

“The safe recovery and export of our abundant supply of natural gas presents an opportunity for prosperity unlike anything we have ever seen,” she boasted in 2013, comparing B.C.’s prospective LNG bounty to Alberta’s oilsands wealth.

Clark figured LNG exports to energy-hungry Asian markets would boost B.C.’s economic output by an eye-popping $1 trillion or so over 30 years, and generate 39,000 full-time jobs annually over a nine-year construction period.

The first LNG plant was expected to be operating by 2015, with two more to follow by 2020.

Sadly, none of this happened, of course. B.C.’s LNG industry remains little more than a fantasy. Not a single one of the dozen-plus LNG export plants once proposed in B.C. is under construction, let alone operating. With LNG prices in the ditch, the odds of one being built anytime soon appear slim. "

http://edmontonjournal.com/opinion/columnists/gary-lamphier-while-canadas-lng-dream-fades-u-s-gears-up

BC LNG is dead…Deal with it!

I’m a site administrator. And yes, I do want you to stop posting links to your site.

A post was split to a new topic: I’m mad as hell

You R the loser Hitest…Your town will never get an LNG terminal…Too bad you invested in Christy Clark’s fantasy…

You got nothing, no good LNG news, nothing to spin, even the BC Liberals know LNG is dead…

And as for the upcoming Lax vote…Doesn’t matter how they vote…Petronas isn’t building anything in Prince Rupert…

Adios

1 Like

laugh out loud !!! He is mad as hell! !

1 Like

You assume I’m a Liberal or that I support Christy Clark. See you later Grant_G.

How’s he racist? You will never escape this question. lol

1 Like

You’ll find out in March 2016. Early March.

3 Likes