Will Petronas pull the plug in March 2016? Was Grant's prediction true?

Sorry but companies do not build a facility to lose money for 10 to 15 years .

2 Likes

Hi MIG…Did you read this?

_“At the earliest is June of 2017, Petronas might come out with a final investment decision (FID),” Turchanski said in an interview. _

_ “If they come out with an FID, that doesn’t mean they’re going to go to work right away. They might delay it another year, they might delay it two years, they might delay it five years.”_

http://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/wait-for-pnw-lng-investment-decision-could-drag-into-june-2017-1.2293709

Full Stop…

In that Calgary Herald article written by Postmedia’s Chris Varcoe…he repeated a quote from …

Dinara Millington, CERI’s vice-president of research

_ and I quote…_

_ “However, the ray of hope for the sector’s future comes with the assumption Canada will approve and build an LNG terminal on the British Columbia coast — something that hasn’t yet occurred.”_

_ Do you see that…there it is, overt, glaring, as plain as the nose on your face…Vice president of CERI’s research department…Research, are you kidding me, what research, read the lie…here, let me point it out again…_

However, the ray of hope for the sector’s future comes with the assumption Canada will approve and build an LNG terminal on the British Columbia coast — something that hasn’t yet occurred…

_ First point…Canada isn’t building anything, energy companies are proposing building LNG terminals and…_

Shell Canada had all the permits to build, they had a 40 year export license, a First Nations deal, they had a federal environmental certificate and all the required BC oil and Gas Commission permits…

Shell Canada had everything except customers buying gas at a profitable price point…AltaGas, Christy Clark’s Burrard bridge yogafest sponsor…

AltaGas had all the permits too, a First Nation deal, a NEB export licence, an EA certificate, again, they had everything except gas buying customers…Yesterday, in a article published in the Alaska Highway News…

A Petronas insider told the press that PNW LNG, even if it gets a greenlight from the CEAA they will delay constructing anything until 2022…

With BC gas revenues in the negative to the tune of $1 billion plus once all the drilling credits are calculated…How is a maybe in 2022 construction start going to create this miracle…the “ray of hope”

How can Dinara Millington, CERI’s vice-president of research state such a blatant lie?..it is a lie…how can a Postmedia scribe repeat a blatant lie…Shell Canada and Altagas’s federal approvals were not kept in a secret vault…This is basic information…

http://calgaryherald.com/business/energy/varcoe-canadian-natural-gas-outlook-appears-uncertain-but-signs-of-hope-emerge

http://powellriverpersuader.blogspot.ca/2016/07/christy-clarks-2017-election-gambitlng.html

I have a question for you MIG…All the B.C. people who went out and got trained to work in the LNG industry,…

Will those LNG workers be eligible for Canada pension BEFORE, or after construction?

Cheers Eyes Wide Open

Oh look Mr Smarty Pants is back. I see you don’t respond to my post about how prep work is still proceeding on a number of proposed sites here in this region not just PNW Lng. We know also that you are a supporter of the NDP who are no friend to the private sector. So you continue to post your little links. And remember its not over until it has been OFFICIALLY CANCELLED, that goes for all Lng proposals.

I really do agree with Grant on a bunch of issues .I don’t think anything will truly happen here for 10 years or so .

Even if he were to be correct that nothing will happen for 10 years, which I don’t agree with, he was wrong in his prediction. Tell me this though why are these 3 companies PNW Lng, Lng Canada and Aurora Lng still spending so much money in the area to date if they don’t expect anything to happen for up to 10 years ?? Prep work is still proceeding. Aurora is still working on Digby, Lng Canada has posted that they are doing work in Kitimat.

Thanks …Have you seen this, just released today…

Japan’s largest LNG buyer( JERA ) has contracted (Bought longterm)too much LNG…so…Now they have struck a deal which enables them to re-sell the cargoes into Europe…

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

You can see by the graph above…Japan’s use, and need of LNG is in decline…that won’t change…As you can see from the graph, those other countries, including China can’t absorb the excess, …in other words…LNG demand going forward has flatlined…Too much gas for too few customers…

The below article may help fill in the blanks.

British Columbia’s Legislative reporters and Columnists go silent on Christy Clark’s Epic Failures including her Whopping LNG Fabrications

You know copying something from your own anti Liberal blog is plain stupid. Its totally biased. That’s why I don’t take what you write seriously because you hate the Liberals and are a paid NDP supporter. Just as bad as the Tyee.

He just need more traffic to his blog.

A paid NDP supporter…no, not true, in fact, if one reads my LNG articles there is nary a mention of the NDP…Furthermore, I have been critical of the NDP…As for being against the Corporate owned BC Liberal(Conservatives/Socreds) party…Indeed, never has such a stench of corruption despoiled our legislative halls…

Anywho…Next time I get to Rupert…I think i’ll go to Mr Mike’s for dinner…

http://www.pipelinenewsnorth.ca/nova-gas-seeks-extension-of-north-montney-sunset-clause-1.2221446

Cheers

I am very-much against the Liberals. Next May I’ll be voting for a party other than Christy’s crowd.

Don’t sweat it Grant even Christy Clark doesn’t get as hyper as “if we only paid them to take it away we’d all be rich” Jabber.
But you did f.up with the prediction. They’re gonna milk the concept for ages, but aren’t committing real $$ with the markets gone to shit. Just like Enbridge pulling their “Rocky” routine - kick us again? ONLY 257 conditions? NEVER call it quits.
Read the Tyee article about methane hydrates - I wonder if this is part of China’s desires over the nine dash line?

ok lets get some facts straight, if any of the naysayers actually read the CEAA preliminary report they released and read their conditions for approval like I did, one of the conditions was they can only clear the trees on Lelu island between September and October, I posted that before, so once Lax Kwalams agrees to the project and even if they federal cabinet approves it the next day, it will still take the port a month or 2 to evict Wesley from the island, that means Petronas will not be able to clear the trees off Lelu during the time frame they attached, which means they have to wait until next Sept - Oct to clear the trees, unless they can have that condition removed. so will there be a delay more then likely, will it be cancelled as the naysayers are saying highly doubtful. but hey go dig up some more google searches, while your at it why don’t you google those same ppl’s predictions a few years ago, you know when they were saying build it they will need it, or wait a few more years when they say why didn’t you build it already.

and Herby whom is paying whom to take what away? oh wait you still think our government is handing out money to Petronas to build, do you also believe Elvis is alive?

Shell Canada…They too have cancelled their project…and with it goes the the TransCanada gas line connector…

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/shell-backed-lng-canada-delays-plans-for-terminal-on-bc-coast/article30867006/

And yes, Shell says they aren’t going away, just a delay to the distant future…By the way, Shell Canada had as partners…PetroChina and Kogas(China and Japan)…And those partners were offtaking gas…in other words, no difference between Shell and Petronas…

BC’s LNG fantasy…Kaput!

What’s your beef with LNG??? The resource industry is what employs most of the communities in half of the province. You may not like the Liberals but at least they had a vision, can’t say that about the NDP. I also do not believe Lng is kaput. Even with LNG Canada’s announcement they are still continuing with site preparation.

Actually Gracies Mom…you are wrong…oil n gas employ a mere 1% of BC workers…

Heading

Letter: Premier Clark telling tall tales

http://www.terracestandard.com/opinion/letters/383527081.html

“A few job market numbers that she forgot to mention – oil patch and gas employees make up 1 per cent of B.C.’s workforce, forestry 4 per cent, construction 36 per cent, high tech 17 per cent, agriculture 4 per cent and retail 36 per cent. Oil and gas corporations’ tax credit in 2015 topped $1 billion”

Cheers Eyes Wide Open

That’s not what I said, I said the resource industry. SO PAY ATTENTION. Also we are talking about the northern half of the province. Even if its only 1% that work in oil and gas those 1% work and live in a region that allows for retail and construction jobs. So you go and continue to copy and paste all those links about Lng your little mind wants. I’m through with obnoxious little know it alls like yourself.

Cheers d.a. :grin:

1 Like

Here is my latest article…become enlightened, …read, learn…be happy.

http://powellriverpersuader.blogspot.ca/2016/07/chinas-insurance-policy-against-high.html

Cheers Eyes Wide Open

I think we should all ignore this Grant G. He does not care about BC’s Northern residents, he only cares about what he can copy and paste about LNG.

1 Like

wait he has a blog where is this blog? and should it be read while watching the JFK second shooter series?

on second thought forget about his blog don’t want to give him traffic :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about you just post your thoughts about LNG and avoid the tips about enlightenment. Thanks.