Will Petronas pull the plug in March 2016? Was Grant's prediction true?

have no problem with ppl agreeing or disagreeing with the project, I just get tired of ppl saying the government is selling our gas cheaply to get the project going, or they claim the government is giving it away, the government has nothing to do with market prices for gas so they can not give it away, as for whether it could be a bad deal that could become worse, what deal would you be talking about? are you talking about the export tax which was introduced only for LNG? and no other resource export company has to pay? or are you talking about the company being called a manufacturer so they pay that income tax?

1 Like

I hope the province does whatever is possible to bridge any gap there might be…the alternative is zero, nothing, nada.

Check it out!

unless there is a significant change in the CEAA review as compared to the one they released at the end of spring there is no surprises coming, now that does not mean the Federal Government could add stuff to the report, and also that report says most local natives are against the project, maybe they should update that and say most local natives are now for the project.

Looks like our PNW LNG may be getting the green light from the Federal Government today.

1 Like

Approved with 190 conditions.

Just like Kitamat who is not going threw with it!

5 Likes

How so? allycat1521.

Actually the one in Kitimat just had a Facebook post about the continuing prep work they are doing.

Irrelevant. Grasping at straws just like Grant G. Funny thing is even with the low gas prices, PNW lng, Aurora lng and Lng Canada are still doing site work. These companies know that gas prices will go up and when it happens they will be ready.

I know, allycat1521, you’re freaking out right now because the project got approved.

1 Like

wonder how many holes in her wall did Ms Rice make after the announcement? or Nathan Cullen for that matter

Being approved means nothing!
Three reasons the $11.4B Pacific NorthWest LNG project still might never be built - Article - BNN

You keep telling yourself that. I’ll believe the notion of short term pain for long term gain.

Gravies Mom u couldn’t handle a boom u have been on here already complaining that ur taxes went up !

I am not surprised that the federal government approved the project and I am not surprised that there are conditions attached.

I am surprised that there is a hard cap on green house emissions which are 20% below what was originally proposed.

That condition has to mollify the environmentalists but how does it impact the viability of the entire project regardless of market conditions?

Again, just a question.

the company will be looking at all the costs associated with the project, most of the plants structures will be built either in india or china, and with the US dollar 30% higher now over most currencies the cost to borrow is about 8.5 billion dollars instead of 11 billion, interest rates for big companies are near 1%, material for pipeline is down by 40%, labour is easy to get in Canada right now, so the only question will be if they build now and have short term pain, or they build later when those costs can go up, to me it looks good for building now, less costly and they have built in customers, plus they own Progress Energy outright so the money they get from selling the natural gas to the plant will be all theirs

1 Like

What a silly comment. Without economic development our taxes will keep going up.