Why We Hate Microsoft

Well, if you’re only playing Half-Life, you’d want to go with the Windows version that fits your system best.

I’ve been an avaid PC user for years. The only thing holding me back was replacing all my PC Software to Mac format. The OSX Panther 10.3 is incredable! It networks with All my PC’s flawlessly and the DATA from Photoshop, MS Office and Macromedia is handled fine.
IMHO: the Mac looks and feels better then any M$ Operating system. Aside from trying Linux Suse 8.0 (which was super generous on resources, but didn’t handle perif’s as well) The MAC has my Vote!

That is wh i just bought one of these

24.70.80.252/work.jpg

:unamused: 8)

Heh… people at work Drool on it : O )

Funny story: I was listening to a Metallica tune, and just as I read that post, Hetfield said, “Sad but true.” I found that quite amusing. You probably won’t, so go to fuck.

Yep thats all true- plus Macs are soooo much better than PCs anyway- even windows XP is not as good as mac os X!!! And the thing that stands out most and annoys me is the “This program has performed an illegal opperation and will be shut down” warnings. AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!
They suck, face it.

[quote=“naughtynat”]Yep thats all true- plus Macs are soooo much better than PCs anyway- even windows XP is not as good as mac os X!!! And the thing that stands out most and annoys me is the “This program has performed an illegal opperation and will be shut down” warnings. AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!
They suck, face it.[/quote]

Don’t be fooled though, Macs crash too. I get several “The application has unexpectedly quit” messages every day. Quark running in classic is especially bad. And Photoshop has the tendency to quit without any warning once every few days or so.

Quark in classic? WTF?

Classic? WTF?

You’re using a state-of-the-art OS to emulate a 10-year old OS to run Quark? Of course it’s crashing. It’s probably doing 68K emulation too! Ug.

Duude, you need to um… make contact with the Russians. Oh the Russians. Quark is out for OSX, isn’t it. All the cool kids are using Indesign I hear.

I love indesign. I really do. But my boss doesn’t and won’t make the switch. Nor can I convince her to spend $7500 to buy five licences of Quark 6 (which is osx).

Hence, the Russians. Send me e-mail, and I’ll um, translate some Russian for you later this evening.

And if you consider you can get a single copy of Adobe CS for a tenth as much (and it has full versions of Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Golive and Acrobat) and install it on all five computers, it would really make a lot of sense to switch. But, I find there are lots of things in this world which don’t make any sense.

[quote=“MiG”]

Hence, the Russians. Send me e-mail, and I’ll um, translate some Russian for you later this evening.[/quote]

So mig, you are still in contact with Boris. How is the vodka-drinking dacha-owner doing right now?

It’s not Boris that he is referring to. It’s Nrrmf.