Why We Hate Microsoft

landon you slam windows… but why you still use it…
as mig said

I guess your just not the power user or geek :smiley:

what operating system do you run tim? :wink: i admit to having a windows box in the house… but its not mine and i never use it.

did i slam microsoft, no i didnt not… i am using Windows 2000 Professional

its decent

[quote=“timbits”]landon you slam windows… but why you still use it…
as mig said

I guess your just not the power user or geek :smiley:[/quote]

I disn’t slam Windows. I belive the name of this Topic is “Why We Hate Microsoft”. Anyways, yes I use Windows, and Office. I like Windows XP and 2000 Professional, not ME, 98, or 95.

I do hate many things about Microsoft though, including what I listed in my first post aswell as many others.

XP is a very reliable, easy to use, and good looking OS, as far as Windows builds go.

As I see it you have three choices - Mac, Microsoft Shit, or Open-Source. I’ll take a combo of OpenSource and MicrosoftShit. MS$ for my OS for gaming, and Linux for real stuff (Servers and code hacking). But that is just me.

ummmmmm… the word “MICROSOFT”… UUUMMMMMMMMM… They can all fuk off, Bill Gates??? There mostly likely isn’t a Bill Gates.

GOD i hate XP is the most sh!test OS i’ve ever use :evil: .
The whole things bugged, and there all my … "MICROSOFT"
of couse, helpline>>>>

"HELLO, MY PC ISN'T WORKING"
                                  "TRY THIS..............................."

Like how the hell do they know wots wrong wiv it??? And the fuking call costs £1.50. Lets work this out now. Lets say you have 10,000,000 using XP, 8.5 havent got a clue bout computers and there system crashes, they ring the number and it costs them £1.50

x 8,500,000

£12,750,000 holy sh!t, and if they get that every week!!!
In a year wot does it add up to??? £663,000,000!!!

well thats just wot i think

irish_d :smiling_imp:

[quote=“irish_d”]
Like how the hell do they know wots wrong wiv it??? And the fuking call costs £1.50. Lets work this out now. Lets say you have 10,000,000 using XP, 8.5 havent got a clue bout computers and there system crashes, they ring the number and it costs them £1.50

x 8,500,000

£12,750,000 holy sh!t, and if they get that every week!!!
In a year wot does it add up to??? £663,000,000!!!

well thats just wot i think

irish_d :smiling_imp:[/quote]

How many dollars [CAN] is that??? Aren’t you supposed to used euros anyway?
Cool avatar

87% percent of British Columbians living in towns of less than 50,000 people aren’t aware that one in four web forum users arbitrarily makes up more than 14 statistics per day.

The UK is one of the few countries that hasn’t switched over. They might do so soon though, cause the pound is falling to the Euro and people are getting paranoid, and selling off the pound, and buying the Euro, which makes the pound fall some more, and the Euro rise… and so on… errmm

im total it works out bout $17340000 per week

[quote=“irish_d”]GOD i hate XP is the most sh!test OS i’ve ever use :imp: .
The whole things bugged, and there all my … "MICROSOFT"
of couse, helpline[/quote]

Almost none of that post makes sence, but I did pick up the part about XP being the shitiest OS ever. I’ll certainly need to disagree with that. I have been using XP since those early Whistler builds were floating around on FTPs, and it hasn’t once crashed on me by fault of its own. The ONLY times XP has crashed is if I overclock to high, (or I fuck with things I shouldn’t) and my memory and cpu start to bug out. Honestly, Microsoft Windows XP is the most functional and user friendly OS around, next to Mac OSX. If the whole thing is bugged, it’s probably something you did, or something programs that you’ve installed have done.

I run my website on an XP box, I only reboot it if I install new drivers or whatever. For example, yesterday I installed some capture drivers to see what kind of quality my GameCube pumps out on the desktop… During that hour or so I ran ImageReady & Virtual Dub to capture a couple gigs of video, then compressed the video into a DIVX, and created some animated gifs while XP still ran my FTP, HTTP and BF1942 server in the background. Not once did I have a problem, and It’s still running as happily as can be.

Daniel, you looking for a new Mario avatar?
http://screenlooking.com/images/misc/animations/mariosm.gif

ive got the stupid verson from “E-MACHINE” :blush:

Hey, Irish_d,

Give us some information about how people in the UK reacted to Beckham leaving Man U for Spain. Come discuss this in the Real Madrid thread under Culture forum

Well that’s no one’s fault but your own. If you used the regular version of XP I’m sure your opinion would be different.

The only thing I don’t like about XP so far is the fact that things are organized differently, and I end up searching for stuff to no end. That will change soon tho, as I get things set up the way I want.

When I add a new HD for storage, and keep the one in I have now for programs and stuff… do I need to format again? I’m obviously not going to be doing this by myself, I’ll be needing help again MiG or orangetang :smile:

ummmm… dont really no, i fuking hate football, lol :laughing: :unamused:
naa peps r upset bout it, it think :confused:

[quote=“smartass”]The only thing I don’t like about XP so far is the fact that things are organized differently, and I end up searching for stuff to no end. That will change soon tho, as I get things set up the way I want.
[/quote]

Do you mean how the start menu is different? If so, click Start/Control Panel/Appearance and Themes/Taskbar and Start Menu then the “Start Menu” tab and select “Classic Start Menu”… It’ll re-shape in a familiar way.

Your steps may be different to get to those settings. Good Luck

According to some simplified laws governing macroeconomics, this happens all the time, national currencies are like a pendulum. Eventually, the pound will fall really far, so that someone with another currency can say, “Hey, 10 years ago, it took 1.5 of my Euros to buy a sterling pound, now, I can get 1.2 pounds for my Euro.” and start buying, and then people go, “Hey, the pound is going up, I’d better get in on it!” and so forth.

we should adopt the euro

I already made up my mind about 3 months ago…an Apple of some configuration is in my future…If I can find a used PB cheap enough I’d jump at it right now.

The more I have to work on them them more I like them. They just sooo appeal to the geek in me.

They don’t appeal to the heterosexual in me.