Who knew?

… it was so wonderful out at Rushbrook? … I went there last night (July 22) as the sun was setting. I’d love to get out there again. :smile:

Some shots:
http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs18/300W/f/2007/204/4/8/July_22_2007_03_by_causticFX.jpg
Full size here

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs17/300W/f/2007/203/3/b/July_22_2007_02_by_causticFX.jpg
Full size here

Beautiful shots :smiley:  Who knew??  Known and loved spending time at Rushbrook since I moved here a few years ago. Great place to spend time and my fella and I visit there often just to people watch or to grab a plate of fish and chips from Bob’s on the Rocks. A little plug there but I think some of the greatest halibut in town. Hoping to get a handle on the red tape involved with attempting to do a little clean-up on the Trail though. It is an awesome walk and should be available for us all to use. Wait until late Sept. and October when all the boats in the Marina are lit up, some of the resident boat dwellers gather and play their harmonicas etc. A real great show and doesn’t cost a dime!  When the charters come in with their catch, see if you can catch a glimpse of the seals under the wharf as they toss the guts etc. in the water. A real great sight to see them come up and grab the pieces of fish!  Really glad you appreciated the area :smile:

Wow those are stunning pictures, nice of you to share them.

Also good to know what’s going to be featured on the menus around town over the next year or so eh… :unamused:

I’m surprised that, with so many permissions you got from all the boat owners to take the photo, you still did it before sunset. :wink:

Nice pictures, man! :sunglasses:  Looking good. :smiley:

Gotta love the humor in this thread.  :smiley:

Those are great pictures. Thanks for sharing them. One of these days I’ve got to get around to putting an online gallery up. Maybe I’ll get featured on a menu too. Although I won’t be doing that until I get something to calibrate my monitor.

How does one go about posting pictures on here? I am a real nerd or all right dumb ass when it comes to doing something knew on here and yes those are real fine pictures back there.

To post a picture here:

1.  Save the the picture you want to post to your hard drive , eg.  sunset.jpg

2.  Create a post here or reply to an existing message.

3.  Click the button that says Additional options.

4.  Look for the word Attach, then click the button Browse.  Navigate to the place where you saved your picture on your hard drive.  Attach the picture.  Click on the Post button.  Done. :smiley:

one of my better ones…

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

Some of you guys should consider joining the Camera Club in Prince Rupert.  There’s a monthly meeting and photo outings and stuff.

Take a look at rupertpics.com for some of the members’ flickr sites.

Some of my recent photos, plus one of the kid…

Irving in Goobies, Newfoundland.  I think I just like saying Goobies.

This was like 3am or something:

I used to be a member of the club years ago, but had to quit when something came up on the nights they meet. I should really get back into the club again now that things have changed. I hear they meet at CHSS now?

Can you buy Goobers

nestleclassics.com/product_goobers.asp

in Goobies?

bigthings.ca/newfound/goobies.html

And hey, you have to like a town where you only really have to go to church every two weeks if you’re so inclined…

k12.nf.ca/clarenville-primar … oobies.htm

Do you need to have a bazillion dollar SLR camera to join?  I’ve got a shitty digital Nikon coolpix camera. :smiley:

hi mig i just love this photo reminds me of Popey movie with Robin Williams…

i bought my daughter a nikon coolpix 2 p2 a while back, it is a beautiful camera, i would think that would be just fine for anything.

When I was last with the club it didn’t matter. We had people using cheapo camera’s all the way up to multi-thousand dollar Hasselblad’s.

Megapixels are for salespeople.

I used a canon digital elph for most of my latest stuff.  Though I do have a Canon DSLR, I really haven’t used it much lately.  The other camera I’ve been using is the Panasonic-Leica thing.  It’s nice. 

And honestly, the club guys just want fresh eyes, they don’t care too much about equipment.  Everybody has a different way of looking at things, and we appreciate seeing different ways people take photos.

Bonus if you have a website and know computer stuff too, 'cause a lot of people in the club always need help with computer stuff.

Yeah, but not during the summer.  There’s a bunch of new members recently…

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quidi_Vidi  for the neighbourhood.  It’s the most “Newfoundland-ish” neighbourhood in St. John’s, as it was originally a fishing village.  Now it’s home to condos with awesome views of “the gut” and “the lake” as well as a micro-brewery.

We used to make fun of people from Quidi Vidi when I was growing up, but now, man, I’d love to be able to afford a house there :wink:

Awesome:-)  Thanks for the replies!!  I’m heading home to PR on Thursday, be home Friday.
Good to know I don’t need high-end equipment to join the club.  I know a bit about computers…maybe I can help out a bit:-)