Which candidates for city council?

Jack for Mayor

Briglio
Kinney
Gordon Payne
Ashley
Purdy
Garon

The three incumbents are fair, and well versed on issues that arise. I think the other 3 will bring a voice from all aspects of the city’s population private business, first nations and school ) to make it a well rounded council in my opinion anyways.

What do people out there think of his wife Dorothy as trustee…?
I might vote for her for that, but could never vote for Gabe…

If Dorthy is voted in for School Board, I will remove my child from school well if I had a child but she will screw that up royally as she and he has done with anything they touch. I do not trust them with change never mind city business.

My vote for mayor is up in the air.
Garon
Nelson
Anna
Joy
Tony
Erica

I’m voting for Jack
I have known both before and after they did a term as mayor.
Scott ran for the Liberal nomination while in the Mayors chair, demonstrating his committment(???) to the job.,not a plus in my book.
Scott presided over the council that set the stage for the debacle at the pulp mill (another negative).
Unlike Pond, both are inclusive and try to involve the entire community, although I cringe at the thought of more of Scott’s “summit” meeetings,diI don’t thinkl they accomplished anything.

For Councillors, I’m voting in alphabetical order as follows;

Anna Ashley
Gina Garon
Sheila Gordon-Payne
Erika Rolston
Joy Thorkelson
Joe Vicount

Bedard, Briglio and Kinney have worked against having an open and accountable council either actively or by failure to speak out against abuses of council and Mayoral authority.

Joy
Erika
George
Anna
Will be the only ones I will vote for.
You will notice only one (1) incumbent gets my vote.

Why ?
I have watched channel 10 Council broadcasts regularly.
I have watched Joy make obviously well thought out  motions that die on the floor for lack of a seconder.

If the other incumbents are as fair and open minded as they claim, why are they afraid of honest and open discussion on any topic germain to the community?

Why does this rumour keep on going… I don’t care for Scott or Jack but Scott ran for the liberals following his 3 year term so how can this be a bail?  Although I do agree with your points…

Thank you for your thoughts… I sort of thought Dorothy might be okay but was not certain

In my post I said Scott ran for the Liberal nomination WHILE he was Mayor.
Thereby in my book demonstrating no committment on his part to the job of Mayor.

Scott has since said in retrospect that running for the liberal party was a mistake - although he did have the best of intentions as he wanted to bring Prince Rupert to the forefront and was asked by many to do so - he has stated he would not run again and is fully committed to Prince Rupert - he has proven this as he did not leave Prince Rupert when he lost to Herb - he continued to live, work and volunteer in Prince Rupert.

As for the pulp mill saga it is my understandign that every Council, from Jack’s, Don’s and Herb’s, worked very hard to get all of the back taxes… there may have been mistakes made, but no single council or administration should be blaimed.

It’s good of Don to admit he made a mistake running for the Lib nomination while in the Mayors chair.
I believe Jack and Don are  honest men, but Don has demonstrated to me a lack of judgement and political savvy.

will you vote for Don…? like I said both Don and Jack rub me the wrong way, so I am at a loss as to who to vote for…can’t expect you to tell me how your voting but I am having a hard time sorting out the lessor of 2 evils  … 

I would be careful of Vicount…  He is full of a lot of bullshit

LOL that’s too funny! Well the truth of the matter is that he seems to have accomplished something and as for BS… well the last six years of HP sauce and the TB plague has innoculated me against Bullshit.  :smiley:

LOL it’s all Bullshit and thats why it’s hard to vote… esp mayor wise…
What do people think of Greene running again…

I will tell you that Paddy Greene was certainly a voice for our community when he sat at the Council table a few years back.  He not only supported local issues, but he advocated for the region.  It is a shame that people will not support him because of his children’s behaviour.  We do the best we can with our kids, but we should not be held accountable for the paths that they choose to take in their lives.

Paddy Greene definitely has my vote, and he has the community’s interest at heart.  He is a man of integrity and will be responsible for an open and transparent government.

Isn’t that what we all want???

I refuse to vote for him because he wants to put video cameras down town.

If your not doing anything wrong who cares about cameras tonight… I could care less who knows I am down town