Where is this? #36

These couple of movies you mentioned, is the second movie a sequel of the first?

Great question.

No.

14 left.

The naval battle mentioned above - did it take place in an ocean bounded by Asia and North America? Or is that a geographical question that’s not allowed …

If that’s not allowed - how about this? Is the name of the ocean in which the naval battle took place also part of the name of a brewery in Prince George BC?

No it isn’t. 13 left.

The naval battle is like a few degrees of separation from the mystery place. It was a battle in which one of the main participants (in a pretty famous ship) was a person born in the mystery place. Hope that makes sense.

Again, I think the place is better known as the filming location of two movies than the birthplace of this guy…

Is it three hours later there than here?

Yes. 12 questions left.

Was this naval battle part of a war against german forces?

No. 11 questions left.

Again, I don’t think the naval battle is going to lead to this place. The person at the naval battle was born in this town, but in my opinion, the town is better known for other things. If you could correctly guess the naval battle, I’d bet it would still be difficult to connect it to this town.

Darn! I was using the battle angle because I thought the odds were better since there are lots of battles but lots more movies.

Well - we should have it narrowed down to 9 states:

Ohio
Vermont
Massachusetts
Georgia
Florida
Pennsylvania
Connecticuit
Indiana
Maryland

Never thought of it that way… so yeah, continue with the battle thing :wink:

Is it in one of the 13 original colonies?

Yes.

Ok duders, we’re down to 5 states, let’s band together like a band.

Massachusetts
Georgia
Pennsylvania
Connecticuit
Maryland

[quote=“mennoknight”]Ok duders, we’re down to 5 states, let’s band together like a band.

Massachusetts
Georgia
Pennsylvania
Connecticuit
Maryland[/quote]

Thank god for your work. Now, mennoknight, do you think we should ask MiG if it is in one of those states? Just to be sure that we’re not on a false trail.
MiG, this question isn’t for you so don’t answer.

I’m out for a few hours. Good luck mennoknight.

I’m fairly confident in my crossing things off of a list ability. I thought I had the answer to this about an hour ago, but stanley’s really good movie question proved me wrong.

Did either of these movies win an Oscar?

No. 9 left.

People involved in both movies have won Oscars.

are there more than 3 syllables in the state name?

I totally thought I had this again…then the stupid sequel question got me. Curse you Hollywood!!!

Depends how you pronounce it. Heh.

No, seriously, I don’t think that’s a fair question, is it? If there’s a state you want to rule out, just think of a fact about that state.