What's with all the young moms out there

It’s not preaching if it’s the truth.

its easy to be right, but really…being right aint shit unless you are positively influencing situations. prudences ‘after-the-fact’ advice is completely worthless, especially in such a preachy, vapid manner.

of course we all know there is a right way to go about the old IN OUT IN OUT in a safe and enjoyable manner. positive change relies on something else entirely.

It takes two to tango.

[quote=“Alpine Scrub”]its easy to be right, but really…being right aint shit unless you are positively influencing situations. prudences ‘after-the-fact’ advice is completely worthless, especially in such a preachy, vapid manner.

of course we all know there is a right way to go about the old IN OUT IN OUT in a safe and enjoyable manner. positive change relies on something else entirely.[/quote]

It wasn’t intended to be what you call, “after the fact advice.” It was a blunt reality check to what our society is slowly evolving a serious situation that can be easily prevented into something normal.
I don’t think alot of young people realize what it takes to raise a family. If they did know, history wouldn’t keep repeating itself.
Ya we have all been dealt shitty cards at one point or another, but why keep having more and more children and making it worse???
And as for your high and mighty attempt to slander me by continuing to call me preachy is pathetic. I guess some people just can’t handle the truth.
I was reading the Northwest Weekly and noticed a reader wrote about how much the government spent on abortions in 2002. Yeah well can you imagine how much they spent on those parent’s (that go to Bogey’s every weekend) welfare alotment in a year. The same so called parents that are too hung over to look for a job.

STRIKE 2!!! Prudence is right on this one too. Why work and contribute to society when you can live on welfare, breed like rabbits, and live off child tax? I’m so sick and tired of working my ass off for peanuts and handing over a huge chunk of my pay to the government, just to have them dole it out to all those good for nothing welfare bums who are too lazy to even look for a job, never mind show up for one!!! I think the welfare system and child tax system should be pulled and those lazy assholes can either sink or swim! It’s not my fault you started having kids at 14; why should I have to pay for them (and you)? Get a JOB or get lost!!! VERY heated subject with me; don’t even get me started!!!

What percent of taxes actually goes towards welfare?

Too much!

You know what… I am a teen mother and i dont believe in abortion so i had my son when i was 17 and i was still in school… Thanks to my mom i was able to go back about a week after he was born to finish my grade 11 and 12… i only stopped going for about 2-3 weeks before he was born… And i hated the fact that i wasnt able to support my son but without finishing school i knew that i would never be able to support him… and guess what 2 weeks into the summer of 2002 i had a parttime job… my son was only 3 months old… in sept of 2002 i went back to finish my grade 12(full time student) and i also continued working my 20 - 30hrs a week… We moved out of my mothers house in Febuary and now are thriving together… we are also living without the support of his father… we havent ever gotten money or anytype of support from him… we live off of my paycheck and child tax… and i do pay taxes… i’ve been paying them since i was 15 when i got my fisrt job… so not every teen mother gets pregnant to get money… some times it is a mistake but i wouldnt trade anything for the life that i have now… Also I am NOT an uneducated Stupid Female Prudence… I have my grade 12 (with honours) i’ve got a good parttime job and i also have most of my first year of my business administration done at the college so :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d like to see some hard facts. I’ve heard that actually very little goes towards it.

Also. Single parents nowadays are having to give up their kids because they can’t pay for rent because the cuts on welfare. Putting kids in foster care isn’t a good thing either. That puts a burden on the government and in a lot of cases (i’m not saying all) they end up bouncing from one place to the next. In order to break the cycle we can’t take away money from single mothers. We need to support healthy family environments, provide breakfast for starving kids at school and generally invest in the kids now so that we aren’t paying for them later.

Its a proven fact that the government would save money in the long run, if it would put money into kids now.

Hey, good for you. Not many are as determined as you are, and it is those people who erk me. Sorry the dad is an asshole and won’t help you out, but I’m glad that things are working out for you. :smiley:

I never called you stupid females. I only think it is stupid if you were to continue to having more and more children and make it a lifestyle.

so you didnt call us uneducated stupid females???

[quote=“Lemrac”]I’d like to see some hard facts. I’ve heard that actually very little goes towards it.

Also. Single parents nowadays are having to give up their kids because they can’t pay for rent because the cuts on welfare. Putting kids in foster care isn’t a good thing either. That puts a burden on the government and in a lot of cases (i’m not saying all) they end up bouncing from one place to the next. In order to break the cycle we can’t take away money from single mothers. We need to support healthy family environments, provide breakfast for starving kids at school and generally invest in the kids now so that we aren’t paying for them later.

Its a proven fact that the government would save money in the long run, if it would put money into kids now.[/quote]

The root of the problem, actually, is same-sex marriage.

[quote=“Lemrac”]I’d like to see some hard facts. I’ve heard that actually very little goes towards it.

Its a proven fact that the government would save money in the long run, if it would put money into kids now.[/quote]

Preach it sister! Can I get an Amen?

Seriously, right on.

And having children out of wedlock. If you can’t afford food or rent, then DON"T HAVE KIDS!!! Simple as that. Don’t make it our responsibility to take care of your kids, because you were irresponsible and had kids you couldn’t care for.

What do you mean “our responsibility to take care of your kids”? You make it seem like you’re out there in the field cleaning up after these women.

I think you should educate yourself and stop spouting the same ignorant self-righteous opinions that are what makes this society so detestable.

Until you’re there and seeing the utter destruction that the cut backs on welfare has produced I suggest you quiet down a bit.

I think this is the first bonafide “chick thread” with any actual content! I’d throw in my 2 cents but I’m sick and can’t think straight.

One thing I will say though, is that more money should definately be spent on educating children, making sure they aren’t hungry, and actually molding them into the adults of the future instead of cutting everything back and letting them fend for themselves. Kids rock, and without them being taken care of, too many of them fall off the beaten track and seem to disappear from society, when there’s no need for that at all.

If only I could rock and disappear from society.

Actually I HAVE seen both sides of the welfare argument; for and against. Unfortuneately, there are far more people abusing the system then getting good use out of it. I say, cut back on the DOLE and invest in job creation instead. But that’s only my opinion.

http://www.mhr.gov.bc.ca/research/archive/96/9612TXT.htm

" It is often believed that single parents on welfare continue to have more children in order to stay on welfare. This is not borne out by the data. For this to be true, the average number of children per single parent family would be expected to rise over time. Figure 6 shows that this is not the case. The average number of children per single parent family has not varied more than 0.01 children over the past 6 years. Indeed, it implies that the decline in the number of single parents since the introduction of BC Benefits has occurred across all single parent families, regardless of the number of children. Furthermore, as Table 1 notes, single parents actually have fewer children, on average, than do all B.C. families."http://www.mhr.gov.bc.ca/research/archive/images/IMG00019.GIF