What's the new store in the mall?

I went to Terrace yesterday and was planning to do the usual fill-up on cheap gas at the Wholesale Store gas station which always has had the lowest price. 
Gas there was 92.9 cents/litre with 7cents/litre back in Superbucks to be redeemed at the store or here in town at Extra Foods. So the actual price/litre there was 85.9 cents/litre.
Good thing I still had enough gas in my tank to get back to Rupert and fill up at Petro Canada at 83.9 cents/litre.

safeway has deals the same as the stupidstore but the discount is at the pump not in groceries

Maybe this thing could bring us all good luck.

Do we have to kiss it for this" luck "AND if so, where… :confused:

I’ve been wanting to see that moose for over a year now.

a white moose ? did it made with the kermode bear?

And Jeanne Lanvin, Holt Renfrew and Barneys would be nice too

The old mall manager made a lot of promises that he couldn’t back up.  The new manager/owners are already responsible for bringing in Fields, Home Building Centre, and what will be Royal Lepage across from the Royal Bank.

You guys have to realize… that you can’t just approach a franchise and TELL them to put up shop in our mall… they have the decision whether it’s profitable for them to move in.  And with all of you haters deciding to shop in Terrace, it’s no wonder most of those chains throw out the letters as soon as they get them.

It’s the job of the mall manager to approach as many franchises as possible (that are a good fit) and put out the offer that there is space to fill.  No where in the mall is there space for a Future Shop, or London Drugs.  The smaller stores, yes, there is room… but it’s up to them to decide if they want to come here. 

Maybe if some of you sent letters to the head offices of the businesses you want to see in Rupert, they might look a little closer as to who wants them here.

Do you seriously think those high-end stores would end up in Rupert??  I’d love to see them here… but they would never make any money.

smartass cant tell when someones being a smartass lol

Yep, just being a smart ass

hhhmmm  lol

I guess we could watch their webpage for details.
rupertsquaremall.com/

Just what people want to see: pictures of a mall with an empty parking lot!  :stuck_out_tongue:

haha that is funny, I got up extra early on Sunday morning to get that shot so there wouldn’t be any cars. To funny how a different opinion/viewpoint can change the way we think about things.
Good point.

you dont need to get early for that shot lol

you can always get a picture of extra foods great stinky dumpster lol

Yeah until something actually comes in to that mall to make it more appealing, Terrace will continue to draw us…
The Mall needs more than renos to make it look better than Terrace shopping…

Terrace will continue to draw us, not just because of the big box stores, but because we like to get out of town once in a while. I’ve met Terrace people who come here for the same reason. The same dichotomy existed between Vernon and Kelowna when I live there a couple of decades ago.

besides zellers and grocery stores and the prerequisite high priced clothing stores and computer store. we are a town filled with over priced tourist crap that they dont even want to buy because its in 100 other towns. we go to terrace because we need to , for canadian tire , walmart  , super store and fast food chains and other restaurants for a change . i remember living in victoria tons of stores there but i went to nanaimo to go to costco and burger king for a drive. that new mall just needs to change into a walmart all of downstairs and a canadian tire upstairs with a food court facing the water to take advantage of the water view. outdated crappy mall needs a huge overhaul

What “overpriced tourist crap” stores?  That’s one of the main cruiseship tourist complaints - that there is not enough tourist crap for them to buy.  They don’t care that it’s in 100 other towns, believe me they don’t.  We could look like Ketchikan and then you’d have a point.  I do agree that the Rupert Square is a big fat waste of space - it needs some freakin’ windows at least!