What's the new store in the mall?

i actually think its rediculous with rona being the only home/ lumber place they havent stepped up their service while we wait for home hardware.

It always amazes me that we are willing to stand in lineups at grocery stores and banks but when it comes to other businesses such as building supply stores we call it poor service.

wasnt talking about line ups im not one to complain about a lineup unless in a bar and my beer runs out while waiting .

its the not being able to help you with what you need i dont like and the lack of caring

The new sore Fields will be opening soon. I guess it could be classed as a low end clothing/whatnot store. There was one in Terrace but closed awhile ago. I used to like Saans and wish that instead of either the highend?? clothing stores along Third Ave. that seem to cater to the teens and early20’s crowd that they would bring in something in the mid class range…So, until then, will stick to Sears.  :neutral_face: Whatever happened to good old Levis, just wondering?  Also, wouldn’t it be great to have a “not as expensive as the last” fabric store in town instead of having to scout down sheets etc. for quilting projects and whatnot at Sally Ann or trying to make your way , yet again, to Terrace…Doesn’t seem like a great deal to ask for. Lot of quilters in Rupert.

It fell for the Wal-Mart trap.  It started to sell product through the giant retailer, and they kept coming back and wanting lower prices.  Levis closed North American operations and moved overseas for cheaper labour and cheaper material, and was eventually squeezed from being a maker of quality into a maker of quantity.

Lots of articles on the web about the Wal-Mart trap, including this one at FastCompany:
fastcompany.com/magazine/77/walmart.html

But I’m sure that’s not what you meant by the question :wink:

There’s better things coming to the mall other than Fields and Home Building Centre… just you wait!!

Clean bathrooms  :unamused:   

Good one!

A coffee shop, need more coffee shops :imp:

I’m thinking the mall needs it’s own beer and wine store. We don’t have nearly enough of those.

need a futureshop lets put that in atlin terminal who really shops there anyway lol

Beauty Parlour or a pizza joint

Contractor working at the old post office location told me today that a real estate office is moving over from 3rd Avenue.  If that’s true, no real excitement there!!

oh good i like looking at empty store fronts on 3 rd ave my fav past time should have a constant pool to see which one closes or moves next.

I’m not really sure what’s worse… the empty store fronts on 3rd or in the mall…  Either way, it’s not great.

Yeah…I know, we’re going through a rough patch here in PR.  I’ve been here since 82…we will prevail.  I agree it is troubling to watch shops close.

what is going where the post office used to be??

i was hoping another dollar store lol. but someone in a post earlier in the thread said a realty office on third was moving in . doesnt seem big enough for any of them unless its realty executives or maybe lynn chivers finally sold a house now shes getting a office

we have been going through a rough patch for the last 10 years since the mill closed…  :frowning:

Yes.  :frowning:  I hope things turn around at some point.