Whats happened to HTMF?

This site used to be the premiere source for information for northern bcers. More so for rupertites.
Now it lags in information…the topics are lame and lack any spiciness.

I used to be on htmf daily…not so much any more. Did the mods kill it? is there a replacement site that provides the same interesting comments and threads that htmf used to have?

So sick of reading a post and a mod has to kill joy it just to get a word in. “i hope theres emergency services, coast guard etc etc etc…blah blah blah”…very annoying…

Any other thoughts on this?

And i really dont wanna hear “we asked around and no body wanted it”…

You’re more than welcome to start your own threads. Just like you have here :smile:

As for mods, we get it from both sides. People who scream “censorship!” when we do something and people who scream “you should remove this shit” when we don’t. Same as always.

ohhh
thanks for showing up mig. any thoughts or ideas on whats happened to htmf?

Maybe you just need to start the threads you want to read :smile:

Seriously, it’s a forum. If you want to discuss a topic, then start it. I’m sure others will jump in. I know I will, if only to insult you. :smile:

As for what’s happened, from the stats that I see, it’s as busy as always. Traffic is higher than it’s ever been, and the percentage from Prince Rupert (and Northern BC) is actually up from last year.

Edit: hahah, my wife says that you just trolled me hard, mcsash. +1 internets for you.

oh?..i got skin thicker than your skull mig.

so are you saying im off my rocker that htmf is the same old reliable source as ever?..and might even be BETTER according to stats?

MIG are you working for enbridge these days?..or are you with city west?

No, I’m working for a school district as always.

And yeah, I fell for the troll, again…

As for “htmf is the same old reliable source as ever” – what? It’s a forum, so it’s only as reliable as the posts on here. I’m not a reporter. It’s as reliable as a conversation at Tim Hortons.

radarproductions.org/wp-cont … icture.jpg

all kidding and rubbing aside mig…

i am serious in what im saying…am i trying to ride you a touch?..your wife is a smart woman!!

but the thats how i see htmf now…was it when htmf and the northernview had a falling out?..was it the retirement of the podunkian?..was htmf responsible for the collapse of the daily news?

people used to say that they would come to htmf to find out what was happening here. i knew people in the journalism world that would get disgusted when they heard that, but only cause it was true.

htmf is following the path of city west…

sad but true, and im just wondering why?

I’ve pondered this myself over the last while as well. There’s a lot less debate and discussion and more classifieds/I lost my dog content. Myself, I started a thread about new park space several months ago, as losing accessibility to space is often a hot topic, and openly discussed my surprise at the lack of discussion. That did little to generate positive discussion, debate or sharing of ideas. In the past people seemed to engage in better discussion. Now it’s just griping occasionally about enbridge or pellets, or finding a lost pet. Very little discussion about the positive things occurring here. Hit counts for the site may be better than they ever have but discussion is down. Until the next election anyways.

Look I’m sorry but I’m just far too busy these days. Some of the responsibility has to rest with the other posters on this site to keep things lively.

good point crazy train.

this used to be the spot to have great discussion/debate…not so much anymore.

i’ll let my sometimes perceived paranoia make the next statement:

the corporations, government and individuals who want to make an idea, proposal, project, around our area …the main goal is to silence opposition/debate to their agendas.
how better to silence?..deaden/weaken the oppositites (prob not a real word lol) to their plans. how much outrage was voiced to spinnacle cancelling their park/tree/walkway on the water front?..not to much… how much outrage has there been to CN?..who holds the key to pr waterfront. CN has shrugged their nose at this city since the big fire in 1973/74. but we the good people should be happy cause jobs and econimic development is on the way?..frick that!..this town has again looked away to what the big corporations are doing and essentially ignoring the recreational needs of the community.

Ok ok ok…i know the prpa has donated alot of money to schools and bands and ????..better question is what have they deprived us of ?..

whats slick rick and his band of merry puppets done for ypr?..levied some of the highest per pax landing fees in the country to the airlines. airlines said NO MORE increases!! so with the loan of 7.5 million whos gonna pay that?..the traveller…the average citizen. Can we afford to pay the same prices as business? no…whens the last time the prpa upper echelon rode the ferry/buses to airport?..

thats my rant for the night.

im sure recess monitor/safety consultant/ethics monitor hitest can split this into a new thread.

I don’t buy any conspiracy theory about muting the opposition. You only have to look to the Enbridge project to see that people will speak when they feel a cause is worthy. That, however, leads me to something else. Why the apparent apathy to things other than enbridge? Has potash/sulphur/new skeena/westpac etc created a “believe in when we see it” attitude? Has negativity towards projects like enbridge taken our collective energy and caused us to change our attitudes towards development in general? Or have other social media platforms like Facebook changed the landscape enough in that it takes the discussion away from HTMF? I don’t know the answers for certain but I do know that I miss the local discussion on this site.

i think facebook has contributed

Is there really that much going on?

Okay okay. I admit it, I’m on Facebook more than here!
I’ll try to be a better poster. I’m sorry McSash. <3

Looks like a couple of threads you guys can begin right from here. Start a separate thread about the airport, mcsash. Crazy train, why don’t you start a potash, etc thread?

This site is almost 14 years old. And people have been complaining about it from day 1. That’s always been the case.

It’s a forum, the discussions are only possible when they are started.

[quote=“MiG”]Looks like a couple of threads you guys can begin right from here. Start a separate thread about the airport, mcsash. Crazy train, why don’t you start a potash, etc thread?

This site is almost 14 years old. And people have been complaining about it from day 1. That’s always been the case.

It’s a forum, the discussions are only possible when they are started.[/quote]

I’m not complaining, it’s merely an observation. Here is a canpotex thread started last month…

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22040&p=197771&hilit=Potash#p197771

There’s just not as much discussion as there used to be. Sure, there is occasional discussion but it seems that the site has turned into more of a local classifieds than a local discussion forum. Again, not complaining, just an observation.

What’s this!

There is a rumble of dissension on The Farm?

Looks like Napoleon and Snowball have some fence mending to do, before it all gets out of hand!

Nah, it’s the same old complaints.

Next up, somebody complaining about people being anonymous.

After that, someone complaint that they’re not allowed to spam the forum with links to their own site.

Followed by someone complaining that HTMF isn’t exactly the way they want it to be.

This is what HTMF is great at – complaining. Especially complaining about HTMF!

[quote=“MiG”]Nah, it’s the same old complaints.

Next up, somebody complaining about people being anonymous.

After that, someone complaint that they’re not allowed to spam the forum with links to their own site.

Followed by someone complaining that HTMF isn’t exactly the way they want it to be.

This is what HTMF is great at – complaining. Especially complaining about HTMF![/quote]

[quote=“Dex”]

Okay. I am putting on my moderator hat now. Please make your arguments without resorting to insulting your opponent. Let us have a civil debate. Carry on. Thank you.

My offer was genuine, it was not a personal attack.[/quote]

Maybe its the - I’m above everyone here and bow to me mentality of the mods and admins that kill most of the threads here

I unlinkwd the Fort St. James forums due to lack of interest. Even had a few ppl comment who the f did I think I was, Facebook?
Jeez, it’s been running since those guys were in diapers.
I gues there’s not enough youtubes of cute kitties to be relevant anymore, eh? Even my ageing activists would rather click LIKE to End World Hunger…