Whats Closing Next in Rupert

[quote=“codybear933”]

The buisness is for sale, they’ve moved to smithers… Opened up a nursery there.Ah that is sad Bubba! I don’t know that anyone would invest in a business of that sort in Rupert now but I wish them all the best in Smithers. They were always so friendly and had great plants and posies !! Another one bites the dust, I guess !![/quote]

They’re keeping it open till it sells.

what happened to please mom in prince rupert?

Ask the mayor , he may have some idea.

hahaha what?

Not enough buisness I’m assuming.

Please mum closed close to 2 years now

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]

Not enough buisness I’m assuming.[/quote]

Please Mum bought back their franchaise and decided to operate differently. The operators continued to have a childrens store there - but it was called Adlan Kids. They sold it because they wanted to do something different, and one of the three women moved out of town. Another woman opened Belak Bambino Outfitters (childrens store) in the same location. I believe she did alright in terms of viability, but she and her family are planning to move out of town, so it was closed.

Please mum bought back their franchise? I did not realize franchises gave this option. Makes buying a franchise more appealing knowing the owners will buy you out in a sluggish economy.

Where do people shop for children’s clothes in prince rupert now? all i can think of is zellers or ordering by catalogue neither option appeals to me.

Here’s an idea:

freegan.ca/

Whats up with Petro-Can ? No gas and shelves in the store look somewhat bare.

I dont know why a gas station cant make it in prince rupert everyone needs gas.

If that just happened today then maybe it is due to the road closure on Hwy.16 as they have to take a long detour to get through ! Dunno, but just a thought…

they supposed to be closing at the end of oct…
AJAYE your being dumb again…dwindling population…grassy bay (the natives) own both locations and if ya cant make it you close down.
park ave store couldnt make it with fuel…
smart business sense…key word being smart…

Story ran in the October 8 issue of the Connector, but didn’t make it online. Working on getting the new Connector stories posted online.

The Hays Cove Petro Canada on the east side of Prince Rupert will be closing its doors at the end of October.
“It is just time to move on,” said manager Chris Wilson, who also manages Grassy Bay Services in the industrial area.
“The property itself doesn’t belong to us, the Metlakatla Development Corporation is leasing the station, and in the best interest of all we felt it was time to vacate that property.”
The last day for the station under the current ownership will be October 31. However, Petro Canada says they hope to continue offering fuel services at the current location.
“The retailer has given notice that they no longer wish to run the site and we are in the process of looking for a new operator,” said Victoria Barrington, a Senior Communication Advisor for Suncor Energy.
“We have every intention of keeping the site open and operating with a new retailer.”
The site had been operated for seven years by Stromdahl Marine, but ownership changed hands in December of 2008. That September Grassy Bay Services converted to a Petro Canada station as well. Despite the shared ownership, Grassy Bay Services will remain operational.