Whats Closing Next in Rupert

who really cares whats closing , waste of your time crying about it …

“I/Just heard…” = Rumour = Worth ignoring

Then offer to Help as a VOlunteer and quit complaining , there is a lot fo people who Volunteer just that they dont want to do the Little menial tasks so to speak alot of them want big big tasks,
AND NO the THRIFT STORE is not closing

so in an effort to keep a business from closing i may be willing to spend some of my hard earned money… Where can I buy a ** FAIRLY ** priced pelican case/other waterproof hard case in rupert? I need it for my digital video camera and slr i was looking at the pelican 1170.

Shuttershack.

Little Big Horse Studios/Snappy Photo next to Baker Boy had some in the window a while back. Give her a call at 250-627-1006.

Northern Health is not closing but they did just lay off two Mental Health workers…I can only imagine that services will be stretched in that area now.

How in the hell can these ministers in charge make such unrealistic moves when it will be sure to affect so many people in a community such as this Lego built town. We do honestly need good workers to try and address the needs of Mental Health issues , alcohol and drug issues , depressions and the list can go on . There is no need to attack the weak , but they find no problems wasting dollars on bullshit things in Vancouver or other big centers.

How could Northern Health close? Perhaps a bit more information for the reason
for that comment.
If indeed there are lay offs at Mental Health and Addictions, this is very
troubling! Are the layoff in the Mental Health office or at the Core?

I did NOT say Northern Health was closing. It remains open for business as does the Mental Health office and the CORE. The two workers who were let go do alot of outreach work. I am sure their absence will be absorbed and things will go on pretty much as normal.

I was just a bit curious why you stated it is not closing.

OK, the name of the post is “whats closing next in rupert” so i wan’t to assure people that although there are lay-offs NHA is NOT closing. I only wanted to post about the lay-offs but this has gotten off track. PM me if you want more info.

It seems that those that are needed the most on the streets in Rupert are the first ones to get lay-off papers or funding cutbacks! One has to wonder where employers priorities really lie at times like this. This town needs all the help we can give it for those who are truly suffering. It is very sad and very wrong, in my opinion.

[quote=“codybear933”]

It seems that those that are needed the most on the streets in Rupert are the first ones to get lay-off papers or funding cutbacks! One has to wonder where employers priorities really lie at times like this. This town needs all the help we can give it for those who are truly suffering. It is very sad and very wrong, in my opinion.[/quote]

Northern Health is based in Prince George. They don’t give a damn what we need here. They have no idea how things are run, or how much this or that person is needed. All they give a shit about is the bottom dollar figures. And they’d rather sit on their fat and happy asses getting paid a pretty penny than deal with the actual issues. It’s what happens when things get out sourced. They don’t know SFA and they never will…

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]

It seems that those that are needed the most on the streets in Rupert are the first ones to get lay-off papers or funding cutbacks! One has to wonder where employers priorities really lie at times like this. This town needs all the help we can give it for those who are truly suffering. It is very sad and very wrong, in my opinion.

Northern Health is based in Prince George. They don’t give a damn what we need here. They have no idea how things are run, or how much this or that person is needed. All they give a shit about is the bottom dollar figures. And they’d rather sit on their fat and happy asses getting paid a pretty penny than deal with the actual issues. It’s what happens when things get out sourced. They don’t know SFA and they never will…[/quote]

Oh, I didn’t know that Bubba, that they were based in George, I mean! I am registered with a job site and had an alert yesterday regarding a job in Rupert with N.H. for a care coordinator and the hourly wage was, RU ready?, $37.85 to $45.64 based on experience. WOW, nice if you can get it !!! But then I don’t want to be in a higher tax bracket so I will stay where I am!! LOL

Hi Codybear,

Northern Health is just that, it covers the Charlottes, the Northeast and the Northwest (areas like Fort St. John), Prince George and i think down as far as Quesnel. It’s a huge organization and does not consider the personal. They do cuts all the time, eventually services will be farmed out to private industry like it is down south and then things will be even worse…count your blessings for the services you do get in this community, they are not offered everywhere. There are many people in need in this town of the services that those who got laid off provide but its small potatos in a big budget. The two workers affected will have to move on likely, not much work in this town similar to what they did…or perhaps start their own private business and compete? ha haha

Sorry. I didn’t consider the original heading of this thread.
My mistake.

Was wandering around Seal Cove tonite and saw that Azalea Gardens is up for sale or at least the buildings anyway. Anyone know if the business is closing up or if they are moving somewhere else in town, hopefully???

The buisness is for sale, they’ve moved to smithers… Opened up a nursery there.

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]

The buisness is for sale, they’ve moved to smithers… Opened up a nursery there.[/quote]

Ah that is sad Bubba! I don’t know that anyone would invest in a business of that sort in Rupert now but I wish them all the best in Smithers. They were always so friendly and had great plants and posies !! Another one bites the dust, I guess !!