Waterfront Barriers

for now you can still walk past the barriers but very soon no one will be allowed to past the barriers, tracks are going to be reworked and the pellet plant will be starting very soon.

[quote=“decker”]via rail building is being redone not torn down.

the fences are up because of safety. with how of the trains are moving in and out it is hard for cn and ilwu workers to ensure there is no one on the tracks when they are moving the cars in and out . lucky that it took this long to fence off. get over it. its progress for the town more jobs , yes there is a waterfront but that is also where our future jobs and most of our current jobs are . this town was built for the transfortation industry . not people walking their dogs along a dirt road[/quote]

PORT WORKER RIGHT!!!

They may say it is due to “safety concerns” but will they also barricade access to that area from the trail beside where the Elizabeth Apts. used to be and from the beach itself? I also agree that Butze is a great walk but some folks are unable to get there and some are unable to walk that trail, it is a bit steep so this has been their only way to enjoy the water. Rushbrook is also accessible but not for everyone, just a way to get to the east end now and to party in the trees!! Are they planning to fence off the beach and the tracks as you can certainly walk them still? I used to love that walk years ago, to the old forts and the beach at Superport, was beautiful! Sad, no matter what the reason.

I think CN and the Port Authority should put up money to fix the Rushbrook trail. I know it needs a lot of work to make it safe, but with enough money and the right engineering work maybe it could be done.

IT COULD PROVIDE SOME WORK FOR INDIVIDUALS . Then if you are from Metlkatla and you wish to use it , you must pay twenty five each way and see how that idea works with your wallet …Lol…

I’m not a big supporter of fixing the Rushbrooke trail. It’s short, would be expensive if not impossible to fix, the water is too deep/ bank too steep and rocky for water access, and it leads into an industrial workplace. I’d rather see the Rod and Gun Club moved, if possible, and complete the trails that were proposed connecting Butze to Port Ed. Open up and develop a park and beach at Miller bay. There is a ton of available waterfront down there and we just need to be able to access it.

[quote=“Speedy”]

[quote=“decker”]via rail building is being redone not torn down.

the fences are up because of safety. with how of the trains are moving in and out it is hard for cn and ilwu workers to ensure there is no one on the tracks when they are moving the cars in and out . lucky that it took this long to fence off. get over it. its progress for the town more jobs , yes there is a waterfront but that is also where our future jobs and most of our current jobs are . this town was built for the transfortation industry . not people walking their dogs along a dirt road[/quote]

PORT WORKER RIGHT!!![/quote]

maybe i am but i would have the same opinion if i wasnt . its progress and more jobs coming to town every year from containers coal grain now pellets . its what this town was built for

I can imagine if the signs were not there and someone got injured the whole hullaballo that would ensue. The signs are up for a reason … so stay out! Yes it is a nice walk and if we are such a hell hole cody bear do us all a favour and leave already!!

Cody Bear is with me and I hate this shit as well , being held in a fenced in town . If they are so much into giving monies to the community , then why do they not build
more of a Sea Wall or fix the trail by Rushbrooke . We shall remain here and maybe one day we can have a coffee on the sea wall with you.

Ahhh, be patient “maxwell”, I’ll be gone soon enough but don’t know why that would be a favour to you, don’t even know you ! BTW, have some nice friends here who may disagree with you, just sayin’ !!

Because 99% chance that any stationary objects and buildings existed in town would be more or less vandalised by the usual village ding dongs.

[quote=“codybear933”]

[quote=“Crazy Train”]This is probably a smart move by CN. Rail traffic is increasing which means there’ll be more activity in the rail yard. The last thing we need is some kid getting run over by a train because they or their parents weren’t aware of property rights or the inherent dangers of the area. This should address that concern.

We’ve been fortunate for a long time to have had access to this area but times are changing and we’re finally on the verge of prosperity. What we really need now is to rally together and let the Port and the city that we want recreational water access in a safe area, away from rail traffic.[/quote]

There is only one problem with their idea to limit access as drunks and kids still gain access from the trail down in front of the Highliner where the Elizabeth Apts. used to be and of course you can still access the dirt road from the beach. What would the “limit access” solution be there? Fence the beach area off also? And the trail? And…so on and so on !![/quote]

If the reason for blocking access is because of safety then signage, fencing or whatever is required to at least show diligence. If people want to gain access even if they’re not supposed to, they will. Doesn’t make it right but some people will disregard the signs.

justsooo you alllll know why the fence is there well if you look hard enough that pipe that goes into the water is leaking and has been for sometime soo if you stepping in the water your prob stepping in shit lmao

i had one cop stop me and tell me im trespassing lmao i just walked away then he kinda got upset told me its a $130 dollar fine lmao im like okkk and how you going to force me to pay that bs

I wonder how flip you’d be if they decided to arrest you instead.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/28149999.jpg

Were you written up and given a fine by the officer? Or did the officer give you a warning?

Holy Crow!We are moving backwards! It used to be that the public had no access to that waterfront because it was all CN property. There used to be CN police down there who were armed and kept people out. On the other hand, CN did have a very nice park for the public, complete with fountain.

Now we have a shopping centre where the park was but that’s another story. Re the waterfront, we got it back for awhile when trains seemed to be a thing of the past. The grain elevator moved to Ridley Island. CN moved its station out to where the ferry has its office. People got access to the waterfront again and it was much used and enjoyed.

Now that industry is making a comeback in the area, is there not some way that we can share? Could there not be a seawall along the shore or something for joggers, walkers, strollers, people walking dogs, etc, to enjoy. Why does it have to be either/or?

Other cities are capable of making space for people! What’s the problem with Prince Rupert? Haven’t we got over the idea that we’re just here temporarily or something and as soon as the negatives weigh more than the positives, we’re outta here, rather than having pride and pleasure in our HOME and making it work for all of us? It’s our city, our home, and we want the waterfront. And we want the view. And we want the jobs. And I don’t see why we can’t have it all!

I want a ferrari I just can’t afford it seems you may be suffering the same issue with your waterfront.

how much do you people think a seawall would cost? lol. our property taxes are high enough be cheaper to buy everyone in town a treadmill