Watch out! Stop Sign Tickets

A cop was busting people like crazy last night for not stopping at the stop sign in front of Hays Cove Petro Can. He was hidden in the dark parking lot Of the old booth school. Thats funny cause i see a cop drive through that stop sign everyday.
They have had cops down by united furniture warehouse to. I think bustin people for pulling straight into the second lane.

I think that corner was just fine when it was only a yield sign. How about someone can bust the cops making turns across the double yellow line on McBride St?

You guys are so funny complaining about police driving. "Well if they can do that, I should be able to do that too! wanwanwan."
They can also carry handguns you know. And they get to bust your parties too and take all the beers. Boy, heck of a police state we live in!

I got one of those stop sign tickets for not completely stopping on Summit - there was no other vehicle within a kilometre, no pedestrians, and I had slowed down enough to ensure that. I’m so glad our policemen are out giving these tickets out - because it’s definitely the biggest crime-related problem in town.

I work at a gas station, so I’m smarter than the police.

Knowing you Geezer you were probably off to be involved in some illegal poker game or something. They were just trying to nip your nefarious acts in the bud I guess.

Did someone say “bud”?
8)

I have also recieved a rolling stop sign ticket where no pedestrians, vehicles or segway traffic was in sight… I ended up loosing the ticket somewhere and never paid it. Several months later, ICBC sent me a letter stating that I didn’t need to pay the ticket anyway, much unlike the bogus parking fine that some rentatard-cop gave me at GPRC a month or so ago… 3 letters later, after they threatened tow my car, and get a collection agency on my ass, I arranged payment… Though I doubt it would be in their best financial interest to pay a collection agency to hunt me down for the $35 dollars I supposedly owe, the weekly threat letters became pretty annoying.
------------------------------------------=

MIG! Be advised, this “general error” appears after each of my posts:

"Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 554 5.7.1 : Recipient address rejected: ACL to_recipients_known - Not a Valid User

DEBUG MODE

Line : 164
File : smtp.php"

I had one years ago come out of no where one morning when I was driving to work out at the industrial site. Scared the crap out of me. One second nothing there, next siren and lights right behind me.

I hit the brakes so quick he almost rear ended me. :smile: I think he got pissed off at that and went over the truck to try and find something…he finally did. I had studded tires on the truck still and he found (after talking on the radio for 15 mins and consulting some book he had in the car) that they needed to be taken off by some date that was about 2 weeks past. 35 dollar fine IIRC.

Made me late for work.

I’ve got you all beat, I just received a no seatbelt ticket here in kelowna. The kicker I was wearing my seatbelt, I simply adjusted it because it was stuck in the door. The cop apparenly “clearly” saw me putting my seatbelt on through three! lanes full of traffic while I was waiting to turn left. Oh and he was also about 50 feet away from the lane furthest from me.

Because of his stupid ass I am going to need to goto court :unamused:

At least you’ll save $140 bucks by going to court. We’ve got county police, RCMP, and commercial vehilce police who will pull you over for anythign they can here in Grande Prairie. On the plus side, I imagine there are very few DUI offences here, however taxi rates are ridiculous. The meters go up 10 cents every 3 seconds or so… That’s $2 dollars a minute. My last cab ride was $27.70 (to work 7km or so) and I handed him a $20 and left.

[quote=“BigThumb”]You guys are so funny complaining about police driving. "Well if they can do that, I should be able to do that too! wanwanwan."
They can also carry handguns you know. And they get to bust your parties too and take all the beers. Boy, heck of a police state we live in![/quote]

That’s not what I am saying, it IS legal for a POLICE OFFICER to carry a gun and breakup parties blablabla, but is it also legal for them to break traffic laws if there is no emergency?

We’ll what do you know… on dec 22nd I was delivering pizzas and I was driving down 2nd West towards the Liqour store. stoped, looked left and right and drove off, to my right in front of dairy queen the traffic cop was having another car pulled over, so i drove past no problems, and then he RIPS up mcbride and pulls me over and gives me a ticket for “Disobayment Of Stop Sign” Which i clearly stoped long enough. so i put my dispute in and will be in court sometime soon. fuck if im paying 167$ for actually obaying a sign. Like how much attention would he be paying to me if he had a car allready pulled over.

and then today! wow this sucked. I was driving the A+G Autobody Van being as the Napa truck is getting repaired. So im on a delivery to Costal Bus Lines (Across from 7-11) go out towards DQ again… come to a stop and turn right to the lights for my left hand turn down to NAPA… So im at the lights and waiting for the cars to go. the cops are in the section to the left of me the way im turning, they go up mcbride and then turn around with the lights on, and i continue to NAPA, Pull into the parking lot and they pulled me over. they stated i never had my seatbelt on, but yet when getting out of my car he see’s me pulling it off. I clearly had it on(No I did not just pull it on after then turned!), i also had a N on the vehicle which was there @ 8am. but i guess @ 12 it wasn’t so i get a ticket for suposivly not having a seatbelt on and a N that was there but wasn’t there anymore, So yeah disbuted another ticket. Keep everyone updated on whats going on…

Like don’t get me wrong I agree that if you do somthing wrong like the other No Seatbelt tickets i got, I totally never had them and got busted in a roadblock at mcdicks. I pay them and get on with them, but the fact that The City is hurting enough that these cops must get a trophy for the most tickets, they are absolutly rediculous. and im getting fed up with it.

[quote=“dylan”]

[quote=“BigThumb”]You guys are so funny complaining about police driving. "Well if they can do that, I should be able to do that too! wanwanwan."
They can also carry handguns you know. And they get to bust your parties too and take all the beers. Boy, heck of a police state we live in![/quote]

That’s not what I am saying, it IS legal for a POLICE OFFICER to carry a gun and breakup parties blablabla, but is it also legal for them to break traffic laws if there is no emergency?[/quote]

No but are you going to give them a ticket? is another officer? HAHAHA! you lose so unless it affects you somehow ie they hit you while breaking traffic laws in a non emergency then dont worry about it.

[quote=“dylan”]

That’s not what I am saying, it IS legal for a POLICE OFFICER to carry a gun and breakup parties blablabla, but is it also legal for them to break traffic laws if there is no emergency?[/quote]

Yeah i totally agree. with you there. Like they are legally allowed to have a gun on them at all time, no big deal. But the fact that they hold up traffic to do the illegal left hand turns into the Cop shop… grrr im pretty pissed of.

This same thing happened to me right around the same date. I was up by annunciation church, stopped at the four way by the corner store, and turned right. I even looked up at the cop car parked up the street, some cop talking to a kid. I drove by, and next thing you know flashing lights. I pull over to let him by and he pulls in behind me. He ask for licence etc, then just sits there, finally I ask what he has me for; running the stop sign. Complete bullshit. As he left I asked for his name and told him I’m driving to Gov’t agency to dispute this right away. He said his name was on the ticket. WHen i took a look his name was scribble, something like Prince when he changed his name. Anyways, I went to the cop shop and they told me it was Officer Major. Who knows if that was him, all I know is the guys a prick, Major Prick. I’ll see you in court timbits.

[quote=“Orangetang”]MIG! Be advised, this “general error” appears after each of my posts:

"Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 554 5.7.1 : Recipient address rejected: ACL to_recipients_known - Not a Valid User

DEBUG MODE

File : smtp.php"[/quote]

Which has something to do with this guy:

[quote=“Soggy”]Did someone say “bud”?
8)[/quote]

Soggy, change your e-mail address in your profile, or stop subscribing to thread notifications :wink:

Yeah man Officer Majors got me for it too, and he had a car pulled over like. I stoped and went. I was not at fault but got a ticket. 167 my ass :frowning:

also there are only the 3 traffic cops easy to know who is who.

Officer Price is a first nations cop
Officer Porcher is a white cop with big nerd glasses.
and Officer Majors the new recruit is just a tall mean white guy.

[quote=“MiG”]

[quote=“Orangetang”]MIG! Be advised, this “general error” appears after each of my posts:

DEBUG MODE

File : smtp.php"[/quote]

Which has something to do with this guy:

[quote=“Soggy”]Did someone say “bud”?
8)[/quote]

Soggy, change your e-mail address in your profile, or stop subscribing to thread notifications :wink:[/quote]

Why not fix the bug :wink:

Sounds like you guys are doing the right thing for the most part. If you feel you were ticketed in error then come to court and dispute it. At the very least you’ll likely get a discount since I believe they often do a cattle call before court to see if anyone wants to plead guilty for a reduced fine.

As for the “They break the law so I should get to too” argument… sitting in front of a screen typing angry statements does nothing. Next time record the time of day, the number of the car (they all have numbers) and then take in your complaint. Sure they might blow you off but if enough people did that, and it was the same few officers affected, I guarantee you eventually the Sgt is going to get pissed off having to deal with the paperwork you’ve created for him and do something about it.

Or you could just continue to be whiny little e-bitches. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mike