Watch out! Stop Sign Tickets

[quote=“CrazyMike”]Sounds like you guys are doing the right thing for the most part. If you feel you were ticketed in error then come to court and dispute it. At the very least you’ll likely get a discount since I believe they often do a cattle call before court to see if anyone wants to plead guilty for a reduced fine.

As for the “They break the law so I should get to too” argument… sitting in front of a screen typing angry statements does nothing. Next time record the time of day, the number of the car (they all have numbers) and then take in your complaint. Sure they might blow you off but if enough people did that, and it was the same few officers affected, I guarantee you eventually the Sgt is going to get pissed off having to deal with the paperwork you’ve created for him and do something about it.

Or you could just continue to be whiny little e-bitches. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mike[/quote]

Or in the case where I was illegally searched (no not my backpack my pockets!) for walking home at 10:30 PM in a t-shirt and jeans because there was a party a few blocked over. You might just get the cocksuckers sorry officers friend to talk to in which case your complaint goes nowhere.

Oh did I mention I was legal age too so even if I had booze it would have been closed and in my hand… but i had no booze.
Justice is great :unamused:

[quote]Or in the case where I was illegally searched (no not my backpack my pockets!) for walking home at 10:30 PM in a t-shirt and jeans because there was a party a few blocked over. You might just get the cocksuckers sorry officers friend to talk to in which case your complaint goes nowhere.

Oh did I mention I was legal age too so even if I had booze it would have been closed and in my hand… but i had no booze.
Justice is great [/quote]

And did you follow up on your complaint? I’m not saying the RCMP are perfect. Far from it. I have worked with these guys for over 13 years. I have little love for the institution that is the RCMP. What I’m saying is that far too many people would rather sit back and whine like little bitches about how the cops did something bad to them. There are processes in place to complain and processes to take that complaint further if it goes nowhere. If you choose not to press the complaint further then that was your choice. What happened couldn’t have been all THAT bad if you just let it go.

If it was truely an illegal search, why did you let him do it? Yeah there would probably have been some drama if you said no to the officer, but if this truely meant something to you then you should have stood up for yourself. A friend of mine got screwed over by the RCMP. She could have easilly walked away and just whined about it the rest of her life. She decided not to let them get away with it and now has a lawsuit filed against them. She may not win in the end, but at least she had the guts to take them on and can hold her head high.

I fall back to my original point. Whining about it on the internet just makes you an e-bitch IMO.

Mike

I got pulled over last spring, and the cop started talking as he approached. Said I was driving erratically, he clocked me going 94 then saw me slam on the brakes. He was about to say something else when he noticed the 20lb tomcat stuck on my face. And the burst-open pet carrier on the back seat.
He was very professional about it. Closed his mouth, looked around for a second and then offerred to shoot the goddam thing for me.
I had to decline, citing we’d both face the wrath of my cat fancying daughter. Once I pried it claw by claw from my bleeding face, he lent me a zap strap to seal the carrier door, and let me go.
They probably laughed their asses off over that over coffee.
I was disgusted with my cat. Sits on a branch and taunts the neighbor’s pit bull by dropping his tail so the dog will jump, but turns into a chickenshit going for a car ride.

[quote=“jesus”]

That’s not what I am saying, it IS legal for a POLICE OFFICER to carry a gun and breakup parties blablabla, but is it also legal for them to break traffic laws if there is no emergency?

No but are you going to give them a ticket? is another officer? HAHAHA! you lose so unless it affects you somehow ie they hit you while breaking traffic laws in a non emergency then dont worry about it.[/quote]

Well, maybe next time I’ll step out in front of them, sue the government and make MILLIONNS!!#$^%
Im sure that if you complain at the cop stop and people like your MP, the issue would eventually be addressed.

[quote=“BigThumb”]You guys are so funny complaining about police driving. "Well if they can do that, I should be able to do that too! wanwanwan."
They can also carry handguns you know. And they get to bust your parties too and take all the beers. Boy, heck of a police state we live in![/quote]

Whos complaining, cops should obey the laws to.

Hey, you must have been doing 125 to keep up with me, good job.

I grew up in rupert seems there’s alway’s been a cop like majors there.

ours was j.d aurthur. Just thank your lucky stars fossum and bradley have transfered out, they are worse than the crooks.

[quote=“cutter”]I grew up in rupert seems there’s alway’s been a cop like majors there.

ours was j.d aurthur. Just thank your lucky stars fossum and bradley have transfered out, they are worse than the crooks.[/quote]

If memory serves…fossum and bradley were narcs…

[quote=“CrazyMike”]

[quote]Or in the case where I was illegally searched (no not my backpack my pockets!) for walking home at 10:30 PM in a t-shirt and jeans because there was a party a few blocked over. You might just get the cocksuckers sorry officers friend to talk to in which case your complaint goes nowhere.

Justice is great [/quote]

And did you follow up on your complaint? I’m not saying the RCMP are perfect. Far from it. I have worked with these guys for over 13 years. I have little love for the institution that is the RCMP. What I’m saying is that far too many people would rather sit back and whine like little bitches about how the cops did something bad to them. There are processes in place to complain and processes to take that complaint further if it goes nowhere. If you choose not to press the complaint further then that was your choice. What happened couldn’t have been all THAT bad if you just let it go.

If it was truely an illegal search, why did you let him do it? Yeah there would probably have been some drama if you said no to the officer, but if this truely meant something to you then you should have stood up for yourself. A friend of mine got screwed over by the RCMP. She could have easilly walked away and just whined about it the rest of her life. She decided not to let them get away with it and now has a lawsuit filed against them. She may not win in the end, but at least she had the guts to take them on and can hold her head high.

I fall back to my original point. Whining about it on the internet just makes you an e-bitch IMO.

Mike[/quote]

I did follow up on it, I was told I did not have a complaint because there was a vehicle pulled over that had booze in it across the street. I also told him no I would not let him search me and backed away after him telling me either he was going to search me or He would arrest me I decided I would just let him do it.

I dont want to have to deal with that bullshit of being arrested. Sometimes you have to let the injustices go because its really not worth your time/money to deal with it.

I have had tickets I could have disputed and won in other cities but its not worth it for me to go back there. I did take this further emailing and calling the head rcmp office. I was told they would look into it, I am not going to waste my time and money on court fees over this kind of shit.

Call me an e-bitch if you want but I dealt with in a reasonable manner and left it because it wasnt worth my time.

Oh by the way the cocksucker sorry officer was buddy quant.

herbie_popnecker, did your cat attack you while you were driving?

Cops. Real “hot-button” for me. Enough to make me post about it.

Stop sign / light cameras can do the same job, and for cheaper. Funny how there was such an uproar to get rid of them, when now we have cops doing the exact same thing.

Doesn’t anyone remember what happened last year? The IRSU (Integrated Road Safety Unit) was formed partially to justify the expenditure of having so many cops based in Rupert.

Their primary purpose is to sit in dark alleys, and selectively decide who to pull over for a traffic ticket. I know, because I have watched them a couple of nights now; down at the corner of the ‘ole DQ and Booze Store, watching some motorists blow through the stop sign (turning right onto McBride from 2nd), and then pull over someone else. Are they doing it selectively? Yes. Are they excluding their buddies and people they know… possibly? At least, that’s the signal they send out when they selectively pull people over.

Oh, every now and then they haul out the light-board and set it up in a school zone, then act all surprised that everyone speeds through the school zones (Daily News, Dec 07, “Patrolling School Zonesâ€

It’s not a bug. He’s subscribed to a thread, and asked for e-mail notification. Except the e-mail address he has doesn’t work. Normally this isn’t a problem, but since we’re using the Citytel SMTP server to send HTMF notification e-mails, it fails before the mail is transmitted.

True / False, the City receives the “revenue” from traffic fines?

If so, then there’s your problem. The City also pays for the cops.

Cops need to give tickets to justify their jobs.

Somebody should point that out when they challenge the ticket in court. Sounds like a real conflict of interest to me.

[quote=“theStig”]
Hmmm… 1 out of 3.

Personally, I’ll take a camera. Costs less, and is impartial.[/quote]

That’s 1 out of 3 types of cops. Not 1 out of 3 cops. I know a lot of RCMP officers personally and all of them are of the second type. I am not saying that the other two types are not real but the proportion isn’t 1/3 for each as you seem to imply.

[quote=“BigThumb”]

[quote=“theStig”]
Hmmm… 1 out of 3.

Personally, I’ll take a camera. Costs less, and is impartial.[/quote]

That’s 1 out of 3 types of cops. Not 1 out of 3 cops. I know a lot of RCMP officers personally and all of them are of the second type. I am not saying that the other two types are not real but the proportion isn’t 1/3 for each as you seem to imply.[/quote]

1 out of 3 that are “decent”. Hey, I know a lot of cops too. Many of them are decent guys, or “#2” on the list. They leave the badge and gun at home. Not so with the off-duty guys that make it their mission to pull you over in their civilian duds if you tailgate.

It only takes one #1 or #3 to sour the lot.

And I think the reason for the move to IRSU was so that the province “partially” funded them (the two IRSU guys anyway). All I remember was that there was much yelling and pulling of teeth at last year’s budget where the police were concerned, and much “concern about jobs”.

The city does in fact pay for the cops - how much, I’m not sure. I’m sure someone with the facts will jump right in and make us all look like fools.

Wow… aren’t you brave. Did you call him that to his face? I doubt it. The fact that you would do that here, hiding behind the anonymity of the internet, speaks volumes about the kind of person you really are.

Mike

[quote=“CrazyMike”]

Wow… aren’t you brave. Did you call him that to his face? I doubt it. The fact that you would do that here, hiding behind the anonymity of the internet, speaks volumes about the kind of person you really are.

Mike[/quote]

No I didnt but It wouldnt have been the first time and it doesnt mean he isnt a cocksucker. The cop who gave me the bullshit seatbelt ticket got a piece of my mind because he wasnt already breaking the law and being abusive.

It isnt in my best interest to aggrivate an already aggrivated situation but why dont you assume some more things about me :unamused:

[quote=“CrazyMike”]

Mike[/quote]

Getting all holier-than-thou on the Internet (as I am doing this very instant) is just as bad as e-thuggery.

[quote=“Hoser”]

[quote=“cutter”]I grew up in rupert seems there’s alway’s been a cop like majors there.

ours was j.d aurthur. Just thank your lucky stars fossum and bradley have transfered out, they are worse than the crooks.[/quote]

If memory serves…fossum and bradley were narcs…[/quote]

Eventually yes, but they weren’t narcs though their entire posting.