Walmart

Maybe that’s just me.

I’ve been to both for nearly an equal amount of time and I still don’t see the difference. =.='
But I’ll admit that I spent very little time at the produce section.

buzzfeed.com/mjs538/16-produ … e-walmarts

Sooo… billy wants to buy men’s antibacterial bikini underwear? :smiley:

Perhaps its more need than want!  :imp:

LMAO   :smiley:

If our Zellers was larger there would be more choices - its limited to space. 

I have never found Walmart exceptionally cheaper than anywhere else.  Sure I couldsave a whole 27cents on my tide detergent…but I’m not driving to terrace for that.  Walmarts generic brand is cheap - but the quality sucks, so in the end you just spend more money replacing it. but hey, to each their own  :smiley:

I have walked through their food section, Theres no deli or fresh produce, or butcher…its all processed pantry stuff.  I like to get my grub shopping done in one place :smile:

yea  i guess we shop for different stuff . not saying everything is cheaper there . but there is good prices either way

The Super Centre’s have a deli, bakery, fresh produce, and butcher.  According to some friends, the produce is really nice.

When they do open a food section you will have really great deals!
For a week or so.
Just came back from PG WalMart and the lil woman works at Overwaitea here (not a Saveon) so I know prices. Some prices are a few cents less, some a few cents more. A month after their grand opening, the checkout lines are way down.

Produce is akin to Overwaitea, Safeway. No bruised, wilted motley crap heaped under dimmed light so you won’t notice like ExtraFoods - SuperStore.

It’s being talked about like Walmart is a sure thing rather than a pipe dream and now we have added the super food section???  Well, i guess this is better than the likely reality anyway.  Now lets get a couple more airlines in so we can bring down the cost of flights while we are busy dreaming away here…

Didn’t they teach you Rupert ppl that if you’re gonna dream, dream big?
My stepdaughter works in the Terrace WalMart, she says the food section is ‘someday’ talk there.
I’m surprised they built a WalMart in Quesnel, it’s so close to the huge one in PG.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]I’m surprised they built a WalMart in Quesnel, it’s so close to the huge one in PG.
[/quote]

Yes, but it gets all the shoppers from Williams Lake & the surrounding area.

Just like Saturday is Rupert day at the Terrace Wal-Mart & Canadian Tire.

Theres a big Walmart in Williams Lake

The other weekend, it wasn’t walmart I spotted you at, it was the farmers market.

Big is relative.
Go down to the coast sometime and visit the Ikea store off the Brunette Ave exit in Coquitlam.
First time I took Cathy there she said “Holy shit, they could put your whole town on one floor!”

I think the figure for the food area addition for the PG WalMart was 33,000 sq ft. Correction 40,000 according to PG Free Press.

I love the Ikea in Coquitlam!! its the best one…although I can never find the exit…I get lost and end up spending too much money on crap I never use…I still have closet organizer things, lamps and candle holders I’ve never used! lol.  I’m pretty sure they purposely get you lost  :smiley:

I am certain the Walmart in Quesnel was built before the one in Prince George.  Not sure why but that whole strip along the highway essentially emptied the mall on the other side.

Zellers and Extra Foods anchored it.  Walmart builds across the way.  Extra Foods builds one of the biggest stores in Western Canada across the way and all of a sudden Zellers closes and the mall is done.

I never get to IKEA and really want some lighting from there…it is the only place i have ever seen it…anyone going down to IKEA that can bring back a small package?

You can order from ikea, I think…they have catalogues!

The one thing I hate about Ikea is that every time I go there I can’t help thinking to myself “WTF is wrong with us Canadians?”

The assemble yourself furniture actually fits, ain’t particle board, there’s enough parts and they even include the allen keys.
For the same price as the particleboard shit from Zellers made by some cross-eyed spastic with Alzheimers in Guangzhou taking wild guesses at where to drill…
Our Internet access area is outfitted with brightly colored plastic Ikea chairs $19 - $22 each that have outlasted the office crap chairs we’ve spent over $100 on. And can be wiped down with a cloth!

Which reminds me to ask: WHY do people wind the chairs down as low as they can possibly go all the time? I’m thinking it’s part of the psychology of computer intimidation that explains a lot: they’re looking up at the monitor like it’s some form of high-tech ALTAR, with fear and worship for it is an awesome and vengeful God.
While I’m staring down cursing Windows with “You useless machine! Stop popping up questions and fucking do what you’re told!”