Vandalism in the city

Ah PoolBoy do you not think these idiots or punks are doing discredit to our community? This Super Port Shit has gone far enough and it is good what Data Boy has done , I say the hell with what tourists are going to see , if the pass Lee and Anns and beyond the furniture store they will get a real eye full . The city must step up to bat and start calling the shots before someone gets hurt protecting what is rightfully theirs. That bullshit container port is not going to do shit for this community and it seems like city council is not prepared to offer us shit either as a community but Pond has another FN feather in his hat .

Personally I think our society has failed our children.  All this negative talk will not change things its up to us as a family to teach our children family values. And it’s up to society to help those in need to have resources and places that are safe for our children because right now they are on the street.

A curfew would be a good idea with a youth hostel, but you can’t have a curfew with out one because then the predators will feed of the youth. 

You also cant blame the super port or choices gambling;  both of which I hate too see, our little town is not ready for the negative impact that will come with these corporations, more children will be on the street and more family’s will  be broken due to addiction’s.

Society has failed those that need us the most our youth; everyone needs a chance to become more then what they are given.  Even the kids who broke Rob’s windows; or the kids who stole my motorcycle, or smashed out my car window. 

Its time for a change, its time to be positive and make a difference with our youth show them that they matter, talk to them, give them a smile. 

I do believe this is the parents job not societies.  Parents need to be forced to pay for the damages their little bastards cause.

My parents paid for anything I damaged when I was young. In turn I was forced to pay them back with manual labor which really worked out in the end.  I learned several things from this a couple of them being the value of a dollar and that people work hard for their shit so leave it the fuck alone.

edit: the odd smack/beating with a belt didn’t hurt either.  For the most part kids today have no consequences for their actions so why would they give a shit?

Astro you are a piece of work aint ya?  You are a bleeding heart touchy feely arm chair quarterback.

Most of the people here are arm chair quarterbacks.  You/we sit on our pc’s making bullshit posts making our bullshit opines or valid opines posted onthe web.
Who is doing anything about it?  I think in the first page of this post some mentioned being on COPS…good suggestion and its a start. 
Maybe it would really entertaining if Astro and red neck mcsash partnered up and did the COP thing in the same car.  The rcmp would have to interven between us…haha…
I think with limited RCMP resources COPS should be on everycorner and watching the downtown core…armed with cameras and just start heckling the little bastrds.
Anyhow sorry about the rant…

And being a bully to a child is the right thing to do? violence is not the solution. Ohh and by the way I’m no arm chair quarter back Im out in the community every day…

OK OK OK…sure your out there every day eh?  Doing?  The chairman is still roaming the streets unscathed.
It wouldnt be bullying a child.  You said your self that your old man woulda handed you your ass on a paper plated had you fucked up.  You your self has made mention that theres no parental influence on theese kids…so the way I see it is you would be doing onto others what woulda been done to you, by a loving parental authority…you say you turned out ok…
food for thought

I chosen to talk to my children instead of spanking so what does that tell you …man you’re  piece of work…

tells me there is a possibility of little astros downtown at 1am up to no good.
didnt a spank here or there do you good?

The message on my window was not to offend the people of Prince Rupert or the visitors. I love this town; I moved here 23 years ago and I plan to stay here a long time (despite all of my family having moved away).  To respond to the comments of why I left my glass alarm off: because my glass alarm has gone off 232 times in the last year. I do answer the phone when the alarm company calls, but because I live on the far east side, the police have the best chance of getting there first. Of the 232 times the alarm went off, 2 times the window was actually broken. I have to pay the city, not the RCMP, a $130 fine for the so-called false alarms, when the glass is not broken. When my window was broken, there were only three officers on duty, because thats all the city will pay for. The comment about getting plastic windows: go look at any bus stop and see what a lighter can do to them (plus they cost almost twice as much).  About the Welcome to Rupert part of the sign, if I offended anybody, Im sorry. I didnt choose the timing of my broken window which created the sign. If I hadnt put the sign up, the only people that would talk about this, would be the people that went by the store during the one hour or so when the window is replaced. So, thanks to everyone who have been talking about the citys vandalism problem. Yesterday one of the girls came by the store by herself to say she was sorry. She was polite and remorseful. Instead of getting mad at her, I was able to talk to her and let her know how it feels to get the call about the store, and not know how bad it is until I see it. So, if you know her, give her credit because she took the first step. This is my store, my building, and I know this: kids dont always get the best breaks in life. The problem will not be fixed with a band-aid. I will take help from all groups. This girls talking to me is the first step. Today, the new Prince Rupert police chief came in the store to talk to me and give his support, and that was a great second step. (Im sure he had a busy day with the Port Opening.) The thing that really makes me mad above all, is the fact that I■ve heard nothing at all from Herb Pond - tax money at work.

I■ve never writen on this site before and like my window its about freedom of speech. thank for the support my sign will soon be down, I hope my comment will help make some POSITIVE changes. I will continue to myself and I will need your help.

Not sure who would be offended, well perhaps some local politicians who aren’t quite doing the job that they were eldcted to do.

It’s your store, you’re right to say what needs to be said.

You didn’t use profanity and you probably provided a much better itemized cost accountancy than the city could put together for us.

It’s good to see that the new detachment chief dropped in to touch base with you.

Better that one of the two girls decided to come in and talk with you, as you say that’s a positive step.

Sorry that your business got targetted, it’s not a burden anyone should have to put up with.

I suspect that you will find you have far more supporters on your side of the ledger than those that may have been “offended”.

It’s interesting to note that your store is but a half a block away from city hall, but seems as though it’s far off the radar.

Perhaps you should think about offering up a trip out of town someplace, that might get you a few visitors from the gang down the road! :wink:   

Thats great that you took the time to write on here…
there is some great info there…

what bugs me is the some of the downtown merchants spoke
to the police about patrolling the downtown area last year…
they agreed that its a problem and made an effort for about 2 weeks…
then they stoped…

every other city you see police pounding the pavement of the downtown cores…
but here… they avoid it like a plague…

my guess is that there is more money in pulling people over for not using their blinkers
then stopping punks from smashing windows… which actually creates money at your
expeness…

EVERYTHING in this world is about money… the reason you got upset was
cuz of money… and the reason the police dont patrol our downtown, is cuz of money…
the only solution here would have to involve money some how…

that is the deadlock…
i know its sad… but thats the way it is…

oh, and remember, the church wants %10 of your income…
even god is all about money…

DataBoy, Thank you for posting and hopefully you will continue…We are an interesting group so I will say, Welcome Aboard  :smiley:  I was pleased to hear that one of the girls had the courage to come to you and apologize and we need to give her credit for that, an enormous amount and to you also for taking the time and for having the willingness and the patience to speak with her. It is appalling that I have to assume, no one from city council came to see you afterwards but then nothing about this group seems to surprise anyone anymore. Their only concern is how the tourists view our town, a transient group, but what of us who live here, work here and pay the damn taxes for their salaries here. Maybe you should mess with their computers and then sit back and wait for them to call on you for repair :imp:  Just a thought…Good luck to you in the future… I know I am a loyal customer and appreciate all the assistance you have given me…I’m on here, so need I say more, big steps  for a “beginner” on the computer… :smiley:

no, genius. I’m sayin his idea of a protest was ill-conceived. Do I have to write this slowly?

Hey DataBoy:-)

Hang in there, man!  Welcome to HTMF! :smiley:  Good to hear that one of the vandals approached you.

At javadotcup… and GUESS WHAT!

looks like mansons jewellers window was smashed last night!!!
some people here are saying that the people who smashed the window
got aways with Versace mens bracelets …

We should think of something clever to write on their boards which
will cover their window.

Here is a sad thought, was reading the post regarding the Moby and the “Angels” and thought Angels or not, do we need to be grateful maybe that we will have leathers in town and maybe they will be cruisin’ the streets :frowning:    Will the grand powers in the white house finally uncork their asses and see the problem here. This is bullshit, for such a small town. In the last month that I can recall, correct me if I missed one, there has been the double van bombing on the west side, SA window,  fire in van at Digby, fire at Sherbrooke Gardens, fire at KinHut, Databoy and now Mansons windows…I am sure that I have missed something but what next, the white house itself :angry:

is you a suburb of Washington DC, were is hackingthemainframe.com?  Are you Americans? When I was a little jurl in china if you broke or vandalized, you could lose one of your limbs. Mostly it was hands.

It really is a shame to see so many opinions and so little action. I hope to at least see as many people that post on this site at the first Citizens On Patrol volunteer meeting.

WTF?

This is one of the weirdest post I’ve ever seen on HTMF.

BTW are you seriously Chinese, or your just a border skipper who happened to be from North Korea? You sounded so familiar to me.

this is a negative assumption, how do you know these people are not
making action??? where is your proof?

2nd, when/where is this Citizens On Patrol meeting that YOU’LL be attending?

i know where youll be soulbrother, youll be stoned and standing outside javadotcup
with all your buds…