Tourist are Pissing me off!

Cowbay they are standing in the middle of the road with their stupid cameras, they just wonder across the street on a green light.  Not even on the sidewalk.  I say we start plowing them down.

Now now, we must be nice - we need their money.

Nice rant billy.  :unamused:

I’ve actually never understood it really. If I were a tourist in a new town, I’d not stand in the middle of the road, or walk where there are no cross walks.

Why do these cruise ship people figure they don’t have to follow the same rules here, as at home?

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]
Why do these cruise ship people figure they don’t have to follow the same rules here, as at home? [/quote]

Yes, that is exactly what they think.

Antisocial post.  Nice. :imp:

Saw a bumper sticker in Terrace 2 weeks ago.
“WHY DO THEY CALL IT TOURIST SEASON, IF WE CAN’T SHOOT THEM”

Maybe the Daily snooze can do the interview people in the street artical they often do with locals, little pictures of people,  with the caption of thier reply to the question…

But what would they ask them?

[quote=“expat no more”]
But what would they ask them?[/quote]

Ask them what “Don’t Walk” signs look like on their planet.

Or if they usually feel the need to stand in the middle of the road in their home town? Do vehicles where they are put up with that?

They wouldn’t even know, clueless people…

I hope everyone here in this thread who is complaining makes sure not to act the same way when THEY are on vacation.

Vacation?? What is that??

I’m just griping because I never get to GO on vacation - the best I can hope for is sleeping in the occassional Sunday.

It’s just jealousy.

I’m too scared to do stupid things in a new city.
And I tend to not complain about things, then do the exact same thing I was complaining about in the first place.

At least, most of the time.

I went on an a cruise to Alaska a few years back, and now I have a lot of tolerance and sympathy for our visitors.

It’s actually a lot of work to be drunken asshole everywhere you go.

Haha, are you sure that’s not only you Eso?

It would make a lot of sense if that is why they act as stupid as they do though…

LOL. Well its good to see you are keeping up the good work! :smiley:!

Send us every tourist you don’t want. We’ll take them.
Good turnout for Canada Day. A few for the Fishing Derby in spite of all the effort NOT to promote it.

July 18. 19, 20th the Cottonwood Music Festival

our really big shew…

Well, I’ve been a tourist in Rupert for 7 days now, with anther 3 to go, and I gotta say, despite how you guys like to come across on here as ‘damn tourists’, your a friendly bunch :smile:

Personally, I’ve never seen an eagle before in my life, I get confused that the cars drive on the wrong side of the road, and not so many of your crossings actually have the ‘DONT WALK’ thing going on! Ok, so I don’t tend to stand in the middle of the road to take a picture, and I haven’t fallen off the back of a cruise ship, but Im still a tourist, and Ive had a pretty good week here!

Not ALL tourists are dumb, some of us just want to try a life thats so different to what we normally live, and yeah, I get embarrassed about going into Tim Hortons/Starbucks/Subway and asking for the wrong thing, and I am used to almost no-one understanding my accent.

When your used to living in a city, you tend to walk around looking at the scenery a bit
open mouthed, and thats when you walk across the road a bit slower than you should…!

If you guys cant tell a sidewalk from a stop before the intersection white line maybe you shouldnt be ripping around on those scooters.  I like Rupert the way it is, I dont want it to boom. 

Welcome to Prince Rupert and to our favourite forum…HTMF. :smile: