Tourist are Pissing me off!

Who doesn’t get annoyed at the coffee shops these days? I just want a cup of normal coffee where they use small medium and large! Damn it!
Tim Hortons double double is gross! And they get lost if you order anything but black or double-double.

Sorry, never touched a scooter here, and never intend to, nor do i intend to drive here either… 

You just need to give a little understanding. I challenge you to walk around any UK town and not have the same issues I have here. Ok, so I’m never sure if I can cross an intersection, if someone will give way and let me cross, or if I will just get mowed down… so maybe Im more hesitant crossing the roads, but thats cos I dont wanna look dumb and do the wrong thing!! Trying to fit in is way too hard!

Grockle, don’t mind billy. You only have to look at his posts to know what kind of person he is.

Welcome to Prince Rupert. As far as I’m concerned you can wander around as slow as you like.

Hey Grockle, does your phone work here in Rupert?

Also, you’re from the UK, right? 

Yeah, it worked fine thanks… My life is complete now I have it around… the free wireless at the hotel certainly saves me a lot in data charges too!

And yeah, I’m from the UK… Took me a pleasant 31 hours to get here :smile:

Ignore Billy. He’s a wannabe Ugly American bot.

You are one reason why I wanted to leave this hell hole.

Village idiot.

Grockle,
( I like that name!
From http://www.urbandictionary.com
A holidaymaker, or one from out of town. Particularly used in the South of England, generally as a mildly derogatory term. )

Anyway,  are you travelling across British Columbia or throughout the whole country?

And don’t worry about the accent;  I had one when I lived there and people didn’t seem to mind.

My mother, a British war bride, has been in this country for more than 60 years. People still say she has a British accent. Over there they say she has an American accent.

Probably because the accent we traditionally think of as a British accent (Received Pronunciation) has changed significantly over the last few decades.

If she’s speaking with the same accent she used 60 years ago, she will sound very weird to UK residents.  Even the Queen’s accent has noticeably changed in her lifetime.

Phillip and I would like to inform you that by definition we do not have an accent at all. You nasty little colonials have some quaint accents though.
— Buckingham Palace Press Release

Heh! yeah, I dont have an accent, you guys have the accent  :astonished: Ok, wont mention that anymore because Im quite outnumbered here!

My accents quite an amalgamation of UK regions, but dont have anything too extreme thankfully, and mostly London!

I’m just visiting Rupert, so no more of BC this time… I’ve been here a few times now, 2 weeks last year, and 10 days so far this year, and again in August! Anyone would think I like this place!

Hey Grockle    And here I thought you were from the Central Bank of Nigeria bringing me my 8.3 million. I got  a email the other day saying that it would be here soon lol

lol…

I’ll happily bring you 8.3 million Zimbabwe dollars… whats that… maybe enough for a small coffee at Timmies??? :smile: