The Source

sorry… they’re on strike so no one (or not enough staff) is in the office to connect you to an ADSL circuit…
preceeded by ranting…

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]sorry… they’re on strike so no one (or not enough staff) is in the office to connect you to an ADSL circuit…
preceeded by ranting…[/quote]

Actually, I was referring to the techno jargon you were using, particularly the stuf about installing NICs and “punch[ing] the lines down on the VLANs in the .CO.” and whatnot.

I’m one of those people who comes into computer shops and asks questions that makes techies roll their eyes, you see 8)

yeah sorry. worked too long for the phone company. C.O. is the central office, where all the phone lines come in. They all connect to cards on the main switch, a computer/hub setup that replaces the old mechanical stuff. If you order ADSL they have to pull the lines that go to your house off the normal card and connect them to a different one. The ‘switches’ are all 1982-1990 era and don’t have that built in.
C.O.'s used to be impressive. Lots of noisy stuff clicking and moving, the smell of solder and wires running everywhere. Now there’s just a big computer full of antiquated cards and chips that doesn’t stack up against a $399 home PC. But it doesn’t need anyone to run it. Just someone to move jumper wires when people move or change their services…
The hostile rant comes from ‘when you moved in 1990’ a guy drove out, ran the jumpers in the CO, then went to your house, climbed the pole and made sure it worked at your house. For free and $20 a month.
now a clerk types in stuff like
rm 250-555-1212 :XX-XXX-XXX-XX
mv 250-555-1213: YY-YYY-YYY-YY ; XX-XXX-XXX-XX
and charges you $115.00 and $40 a month. And they want to get rid of more employees and pay less. Shitloads of money is now bigger shitloads of money distributed to fewer people, at the expense of many. Ordering stuff during a labour dispute implies you agree with this. I don’t.
The single mom installers I knew could buy a computer, or at least qualify for a loan to buy a computer. The single mom at Wendy’s can’t. If you sell computers (or cars) having 1,000 people who can buy one is better than having 10,000,000 that can’t.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]
The hostile rant comes from ‘when you moved in 1990’ a guy drove out, ran the jumpers in the CO, then went to your house, climbed the pole and made sure it worked at your house. For free and $20 a month.
now a clerk types in stuff like
rm 250-555-1212 :XX-XXX-XXX-XX
mv 250-555-1213: YY-YYY-YYY-YY ; XX-XXX-XXX-XX
and charges you $115.00 and $40 a month. And they want to get rid of more employees and pay less. Shitloads of money is now bigger shitloads of money distributed to fewer people, at the expense of many. Ordering stuff during a labour dispute implies you agree with this. I don’t.
The single mom installers I knew could buy a computer, or at least qualify for a loan to buy a computer. The single mom at Wendy’s can’t. If you sell computers (or cars) having 1,000 people who can buy one is better than having 10,000,000 that can’t.[/quote]

You know, people think i am crazy because i refuse to apply for a job with telus… even though i have been told I would pretty much get one :unamused: I really dont understand why people are so anti union now… what happened to caring about your fellow man? and bettering his life as well as yours now people play office politics and push eachother down in order to climb the corporate ladder… sickening… I am a bitter old man at 23 :imp:

[quote=“jesus”]
You know, people think i am crazy because i refuse to apply for a job with telus… even though i have been told I would pretty much get one :unamused: I really dont understand why people are so anti union now… what happened to caring about your fellow man? and bettering his life as well as yours now people play office politics and push eachother down in order to climb the corporate ladder… sickening… I am a bitter old man at 23 :imp:[/quote]

Well, a lot of people are anti-union simply because they abuse their power so often. For example, if someone messes up on the job, most places have policies where the supervisor has to issue a verbal warning, then a written warning, then more severe penalties. In theory, this is a perfectly good policy.

The problem is, there’s no record of a verbal warning, so if someone gets a verbal and then a written, they can simply say “you never gave me a verbal warning first.” And without proof, the burden of proof is on the supervisor. On the other hand, if they put a record in the file, it becomes a written warning, and they’ve overstepped their authority.

The other problem is often with trade lines. For example, if a pipefitter wants to take down scaffolding that’s blocking his way toward a pipe he has to fix, he has to call in the carpenters first. And in many cases, it takes them forever and a day to get there. Plus, taking down scaffolding is something anyone can do, but because of the union agreements, if a non-carpenter does it, the carpenters file grievances with the company, which just results in more headaches and less work getting done.

Don’t get me wrong–I don’t mind unions sticking up for their memberships at all. Hell, I whish we had some over here protecting us. What I don’t like, and where a lot of anti-union sentiment comes from, is unions abusing their power over petty things just because they can, and getting in the way of common sense and doing their jobs.

I’m probably going to catch a lot of heat for this, with Rupert being such a union town and whatnot, but these are my opinions and I stand by them.

That would be what is known now as ETS… and depending on who works there at the time, they fix computers, gaming consoles, dvd players, tvs, copiers and stuff like that. I used to get my first computer fixed there, since the guy was a family friend and I used to talk to him on IRC all the time. They were always nice to me, but I can see where you’re coming from.

ya i remember the computer place there thats about 15 years ago, cant rember the name but there logo was “three guys in beards”

[quote=“Stardog Champion”]

[quote=“jesus”]
You know, people think i am crazy because i refuse to apply for a job with telus… even though i have been told I would pretty much get one :unamused: I really dont understand why people are so anti union now… what happened to caring about your fellow man? and bettering his life as well as yours now people play office politics and push eachother down in order to climb the corporate ladder… sickening… I am a bitter old man at 23 :imp:[/quote]

Well, a lot of people are anti-union simply because they abuse their power so often. For example, if someone messes up on the job, most places have policies where the supervisor has to issue a verbal warning, then a written warning, then more severe penalties. In theory, this is a perfectly good policy.

The problem is, there’s no record of a verbal warning, so if someone gets a verbal and then a written, they can simply say “you never gave me a verbal warning first.” And without proof, the burden of proof is on the supervisor. On the other hand, if they put a record in the file, it becomes a written warning, and they’ve overstepped their authority.

The other problem is often with trade lines. For example, if a pipefitter wants to take down scaffolding that’s blocking his way toward a pipe he has to fix, he has to call in the carpenters first. And in many cases, it takes them forever and a day to get there. Plus, taking down scaffolding is something anyone can do, but because of the union agreements, if a non-carpenter does it, the carpenters file grievances with the company, which just results in more headaches and less work getting done.

Don’t get me wrong–I don’t mind unions sticking up for their memberships at all. Hell, I whish we had some over here protecting us. What I don’t like, and where a lot of anti-union sentiment comes from, is unions abusing their power over petty things just because they can, and getting in the way of common sense and doing their jobs.

I’m probably going to catch a lot of heat for this, with Rupert being such a union town and whatnot, but these are my opinions and I stand by them.[/quote]

:laughing: and companies dont abuse their power? look at the bullshit telus is pulling… all the big companies and the government are breaking the balls of the working people and look what we are getting sure more jobs yay… what do they pay?

I never said the companies don’t abuse their power. I was simply saying that such abuse is why people are so anti-union.

Yea, and thats kinda my point is people are fucking eachother over and the companies profit from it. Unions arn’t the perfect solution but its alot better than the alternative.

look crazymike, you dont even know what the fuck your talking about.

and please, who gives a fuck about typing what are you one of my old

teachers?

I simply stated that not all the problems were the salespersons/businesses

fault, some people think that they can walk into a store and just shit on

some poor 8.25 an hour worker becuase the customer is always right?

how about you let us know where you work, so we can go down and give

you a demonstration of how people act in this town.

and please refer to the earlier posts about salespeople asking to any

questions…

PS: I wasnt looking down on anyone, fuck, I pretty much gave up a steady

job, just up for my fellow employees, and my customers…

about 2 seconds after I posted those last two I regretted it, and I wish to publicly apologize for my inmaturity…and my mis-spelling…

Im tired of the ex/workers of RS/CC being generalized as dumbfucks…

Ive worked with some really nice people there, and we really tried to make everyone happy…

Its really a shame that things have come to this point…but what can we do?

learn from it…I guess, and hope that we can continue to have intelligent talks here, and my thanks to all present for their contributions…

mike.

I’m not sure if I said this before but I did like going to the RC store there were good guys and a Gal’s who did there jobs well. they made you feel welcome and they wernt pushy. they would say “hello and anything I can help you with” at that I would say “no thanks I’m looking” and if I new the person there I would shout the shit with them… I do feel bad for those individuals who have lost there jobs when it was changed over to the source and the present opperator hirred his family members to work with him. one of the people he fired just bought a house. the other was told to buy new uniform and then was fired. I wich those individual the best of luck and will make there new employers happy.

I dont go to the Source as much anymore, as a matter of fact I dont even like going to the mall very much, I used to hang out there all the time when I was younger but the atmisphere in there is not the same. I just walk through and go about my buisness now.

No one can top the tale of the RS store in PG’s pine center who told the guy he had to go out to the dump, recover his old PC and uninstall the Centrios camera driver before he could install it on his new system, cuz the CD’s knows its already been installed once…
that’s not poor services, that’s customer abuse.

yes, there are some workers, that dont just ignore customers, but almost seem to like to treat them like shit, but Ill tell you this, there are/were some of us salespeople that fuckin hated that, and would ride buddies all day long, if they mistreated a customer…

of course they would suck up to the boss and have us shafted as well…

as for the current staff at RS/CC/TS, reeeee-taaarrrdsss…of the highest order…actually that would be insulting someone, somewhere, so lets just say these people couldnt find their asses with both hands and a manual in 12 langauges…

looks like attack of the clones actually, walleys fired everyone from rupert, and hired his brother and his brother in law…whats next? he’s gonna hire his kids to run around out front with POWER CARD apps?

hahah, oh man, I could sit here all day and shit on them, but when it comes down to it, we have no where else to go from some of the shit we need…unfortunately I still have to send customers down there…sorry…

oh ya, who the hell is buying computers from these fucks? I wish everyone knew how to order a system from anitec.ca or futureshop even…

anything, other that those slow ass onboard video crap boxes, Im so sick of people getting conned into buying those things and then getting suckered into buying a game like Battlefield: 1942/Vietnam, and me having to come over and telling them their system needs a video card, AT LEAST!

I sense much anger in you young Daemon :smiley:

By the way, you might want to know that you can actually edit and even delete your posts after you’ve written them.

yes thanks SDC, I now know I can edit my posts…

although Im far to lazy to do so, and would rather just post an apology/retraction afterwards if needed…

oh ya, I used your quote blaine…and it fit perfect, thanks, where can I send the cheque?

I first heard of this big corporate move when I was looking for an ethernet port for my computer, we asked for radioshack and they said “it’s now the source”.

Does anyone know the source’s phone number?