The Source

Has Anyone been in The Source yet? The new radio shack?
I dont know what kinda monkeys they got working there but they couldnt answer any of my questions. Radio shack employee’s were much better.

And what questions did you ask them ?

The Source and RS are the same, just got their name changed.

The Source employees are actually Radio Shack employees.

When was the last time u went to RS before they changed their name to The Source?

There was a lawsuit between the Radioshack people and Circuit City. CC bought out Intertan which owned the rights to the Radioshack name in Canada. Radioshack sued and won and now CC has to either work out a new deal with RS or give up the name… hence “The Source”. From this article it seems like Radioshack is going to try and do thier own thing in Canada.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/May2005/05/c5406.html

[quote]The announcement comes on the heels of a March 2005 court ruling in favorof RadioShack voiding a licensing agreement by InterTan Canada Ltd, which is now owned by Circuit City. The ruling prohibits Circuit City from using the RadioShack name in Canada or sub-licensing the RadioShack name to its independent dealers past June 2005. As such, Circuit City announced last week it is relinquishing the RadioShack name at almost 900 stores in Canada in favor of a new, untested brand.
[/quote]

Just think… if we’re lucky we could end up with TWO stores full of morons who know nothing about thier crappy products.

Mike

The last time I was in there, I spotted 2 employees that had worked for Radio Shack before it changed over, and one brand new guy that wasn’t from Prince Rupert, and he was a complete moron. He was also telling the other guys what to do, so I presume he’s management. Either way, that dude knew NOTHING about anything I was asking him. You’d think management would know more than the employees.

Holy shit.

[quote=“Corrupt_File”]

Holy shit.[/quote]

Are you surprised by the employees, or the fact yngwie posted something somewhat coherant??

Both actually.

They should have kept alex there… At least he knew stuff that was of help and smarter than the other tard’s…

Yeah but now Alex knows more about electronics than anyone else that works at Zellers. It’s about time they got someone that knew something.

[quote=“yngwie_69”]…
I dont know what kinda monkeys they got working there …[/quote]

They probably hire from the same agency as Petro-Canada!

Good good… Radio shack / Source are so retarded they hire all the stupid people… I mean when you walk in there they are like can i help you. what do you say… Sorry no thanks im smarter… or do you even reply… LOL

Just say “lawl” and they will know that you are leeter.

The only reason people at the Source is because they aren’t, and never will be, knowledgable about the things that they are selling. It would be like working in a bookstore, and only knowing the stuff on the back of the book, and then someone asks you questions about it.

dude. forget that. knowledgability is one thing, actually wanting to help is another. those guys dont give a shit.
everytime ive been in there i am BLOWN away by how retarded those people are, not even as employees, but as people. its kind of sad.

i also seem to get the same sort of 15 minute waiting in a line instigated rage everytime i go to zellars too, there was 3 customers in front of me, each buying a handful of items and it took, no lie, 15 minutes. i timed it. and its not because the clerk was having trouble. tis because she took 15 minutes to ring in and process 20 different items. 45 seconds to find the barcode on a fuckin pack of tightie whities.

man, reminds me of the time i was going to get hired at all the places with shitty service, totally light the place up with my awesome attitude and work ethic and LOVE OF GETTIN SHIT DONE QUICKLY AND AWESOMELY and then quit after a week and say… look dipshits, thats how you do it. THAT is how you do it. maybe they just needed an example. thing is, mcdonalds rejected my appli outright. they mustve figured i was a weirdo with a chip on his shoulder…

All of the Parts and Service advisors at Rainbow Chrysler are always getting in shit now, because I set the bar so high.

Don’t go there Eso. lol

Zounds!

Hah, yeah, I was always getting in shit, too.

Some things never change.

1. working at radio shack was a nightmare…
  2. almost everyone that worked there from Prince Rupert has been fired/laid off/quit.
  3. the present manager, Wally, fixed and sold windows in Kelowna for 9 years prior to him walking in and talking the assistant job.
  4. he got the job, becuase he went to the same church as the old manager, Mac, real name Douglas MacDonald, who is now in Whitehorse, opening another RS there.
  5. Wally didnt know what a AA was before the other salepeople and I taught him for months…
  6. salespeople are forced to make qoutas everyday! %14-%25 of sales must be power card, and the same for warrenties…if you dont make you qouta, then you lose hours, ussually to Wally…even tho the Assistant and Manager position get guarenteed 44-48 hours…even if they are late…or driving their families around…
  7. we werent allowed to fix even minor things here for our customers, although that didnt apply to the Assistant/Manager positions, they could open up anything, right on the counter…the other salespeople and I’s customers were FORCED to ship there stuff to Lower mainland, on once a week shipment, and then they ussualy had to pay to get it fixed, even if it was still under warrenty.
  8. standing up for customers resulted in lost hours, or getting stuck with shit details…like vacuming the store…
  9. there is a list of things that we werent allowed to do and things we had to do, that doesnt apply to them now…I believe these rules were invented to punish any sales person who spoke out about treatment of customers.
  10. employees were forced to attend a pointless Saturday morning meeting at 8:30 am, even if you worked till 9 the night before…and it was unpaid…
  11. I was scolded and put on report for not showing up for such a meeting (slept in), and when I faught him on it, he reached back, and noted every mistake I ever made, and included them on the “write up” so as to get back at me…
  12. while I was laid off for lack of hours at the store…they hired someone, not 2 weeks later…
  13. at one point I complained that everyone else on my shift had gotten to go on our “break” which started at an hour…but was reduced for me and other salespeople to half hour after I complained…at the time, Mac the manager told me and I qoute “get the fuck out of my store”
  14. I pioneered wearing/using some of our products and showing how they worked to customers…for this inovation I was publicly humilated, and chastised by Mac, now they all walk around doing the same thing…and its okey…
  15. our manager would get a list of all the stuff going “disco” or “clearance” first, at which he would buy all the good stuff in the store and re-sell the old crap he had at home for the price of the
    "disco/clearance" stuff, pocketing the difference…
  16. the only rupertite left there is Nigel, and hes only being kept on to teach the new guys…once they know enough to be dangerous, their going to can him…
  17. those cameras in the store are being recorded in the back, and the management uses them to catch the salepersons commiting crimes such as “standing with their arms crossed”, “talking with your children”, and “not running up to a customer in 30 seconds of them entering”, the old manager would come in on his days off and get the tape so he could watch the tape at home, and he would phone us at our homes and get mad at us if we did any of the above…
  18. the old manager Mac had Hepetitis C, and he knew it, and he handled peoples money, id cards, bags, and other stuff, at one point in the christmas season, I went to “cash out” at the end of shift, and when I went to the till, there was blood on the keyboard, and I asked eveyone if they were cut, at which I got a negative from everyone, at which point I grabbed the reciepts and noticed they to had blood on them, so I went into the back to show Mac, and I saw a cut on his thumb and he bandaged it…who knows how long he was bleeding on stuff…it makes you wonder if anyone cuaght it directly from him…
  19. there were many times where a native customer stormed out becuase of his and RS’s policies, ussually swearing up a storm…
  20. sometimes children would wander in, becuase their parents were standing outside the store talking to someone, and Mac would call us into the back, and tell us to get rid of the kid…at which point the parent would come in and yell at the poor salesperson that asked the kid where their parent was and such…

You, as customers must realize that we as salespeople were essentially held at gunpoint, if we didnt do what the manager wanted, we lost hours, and when we lost hours, we lost the time we needed to make our quotas, becuase of which we lost more hours, using this system, any salesperson was at the assist/managers whim…

PS: I went to work everyday knowing one truth, “I can fire you for any reason, even just becuase I dont like you”. Which I was told every work day for the first 3 months…

and for those who think RS/CC employees are all stupid, I have something like 15 years in the comp biz, including high school, college, correspondence, and university training with computers/electronics…and not just bloody typing classes either…

If you have that experience why would you work there?