The Source

maybe the same reason i almost ended up working in a call center :wink: lack of work and wanting to stay put…? I dont really know but thats why i almost took a stupid job… so instead i moved home with mommy and daddy for a bit :wink: and now im out of town again soon :smiley:

you want to know why i endured it?

becuase I like helping people buy kewl shit.

and oh ya, I like feeding my family…

and yes Im still here after 30 years, and most of my friends have left

for better places…

hell just look at blaine…that mofos got it made in spades…

mike

maybe you’ve heard. our local Source guy just came over to tell me Radioshack US won it’s court case. Does that mean changing back (he hopes so. who’s heard of the ‘source be with you’). Sez he’s going to withhold his payment for his franchise fee…
anyway here’s my burn: I just love a competitor where everyone knows the stuff they bought there for Xmas broke before dinner was served…haha

The name won’t be changing back.

Radio Shack Corp = US company.

InterTan = Canadian company that licensed “Radio Shack” name from Radio Shack Corp.

InterTan was bought by Circuit City, which in the US is a direct competitor of Radio Shack Corp.

So, Radio Shack Corp did indeed win its court battle – and the result is that Circuit City can’t call the Canadian former InterTan stores “Radio Shack” anymore.

To make things even muddier – Radio Shack Corp, the US company, has annouced it has plans to expand into Canada. They’ll use the “Radio Shack” name, of course.

hey I can tell you first hand that the ppl at the source are complete ideots because I worked with them for 3 yrs I was the only one who knew anything about the electronics there and could tell u the technical spec’s and I can say it too the only other person who knew shit was alex but u know what they can go FK them selves now :smiling_imp:**

[quote=“Ex-Radio shack emp”]hey I can tell you first hand that the ppl at the source are complete ideots because I worked with them for 3 yrs

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

that is all[/quote]

:blush:

Corporate business are all alike
I truly enjoyed my first two years at radioshack. Then Brad left and they shipped up mac. before him i had a good record with the company. then all of a sudden im being written up because im not asking enough people for their names and addresses or not selling enough warrenties. so i started beeting him on those numbers yet the same blagh blagh. so by the time he fired me (2 days after christmas i might add) i dident care. i told him before i walked out that he better change his attitude or else he is gonna loose a lot of business.

so now im at zellers and i have to say. not much is diffrent. for them its all about credit, CREDIT CREDIT CREDIT. and they frown when i spend too much time with a customer trying to explain a product to them i truly simpothize for the poor customer that walks through a till carrying only a bottle of coke and a 5 dollar bill and yet he is subjected with a barrage of questions. yup thats right. if they have money in their hand we still have to ask them if they will be using their zellers credit card. i can tell you this much if walmart does come to town zellers is gonna be in trouble cause im guessing a large portion of zellers employees will defect over. cause walmart understands that if people can make up their own minds how to pay and their equipiment is not older then the majority of the people working for them.

i could go on but id be typing here all night

once again I interate, that ALL the people who work/worked for RS/CC

are not idiotic know nothings…

Joe, Alex, Dave, Duncan, Terry and I are all former imps for RS/CC…

and they are all fairly smart people, including myself…

you shouldnt be blaming the employees, for the stupid policies of the company…

sadly, Id honestly have to put some of the blame on the customers as

well, when you come into a store, and tell the employee you need

a “thingy”!!

wtf are we supposed to do? look up thingy on our stock lists, and go…

“oh you need a RS-4420-214 Thingy!” really people…

“Iterate” better smart guy.

[quote]well, when you come into a store, and tell the employee you need
a “thingy”!! wtf are we supposed to do? look up thingy on our stock lists, and go… “oh you need a RS-4420-214 Thingy!” really people…[/quote]

Some people just don’t know when to quit. I actually had a small amount of sympathy for you until you wrote that little statement above. It’s employee’s with attitudes like yours that give the rest of them a bad name. It’s YOUR FUCKING JOB to ask questions of a customer and help them figure out what they need. Looking down at them like some sort of technology snob is not customer service.

Mike

No shit. Like the guy who asked if he has office on his computer. I should know, I sold it to him (in 1997)…
Instead of slapping him upside the head for being so fucking thick he had a computer for eight years and doesn’t know what’s on it, I had to do the ‘does it have little thingy that looks like this? one that looks like that?’ routine.
No matter if they’re dumber than a sack of hammers, the game is to pry the money from their wallet.
oh by the way, I’m also a highway robber. Office Pro 2003 isn’t worth $499 you can get it anywhere in Prince George for about thirty bucks…

[quote=“CrazyMike”]

Some people just don’t know when to quit. I actually had a small amount of sympathy for you until you wrote that little statement above. It’s employee’s with attitudes like yours that give the rest of them a bad name. It’s YOUR FUCKING JOB to ask questions of a customer and help them figure out what they need. Looking down at them like some sort of technology snob is not customer service.

Mike[/quote]

I agree
The one thing that i truly enjoyed about working at the shack was answering cuestions from customers and solving their problems. even the stupid questions. the problem i had was all the pointless questions i was forced to ask them " does your printer need ink, do you need batteries and so on and so on"

Answering stupid questions is part of customer service. What dismays me is the rudeness of some people. With the attitude ‘the customers always right’**, I’ve seen way too many harangue staff like complete assholes. 90% of the time there’s a voiced or implied “I shouldn’t have to pay”, or “how dare you make me wait” attitude. I’ve never seen anyone in Vancouver do this, but it seems like half the Fort will walk in at a busy time, stamp their feet or rap their knuckles on the desk if someone is in line in front of them. At least one a week will huff and walk out, then come back and complain because we disabled their Internet for nonpayment “when it was our own fault for only having 2 or 3 people on staff”.
I’ve even tossed a couple out for driving trainees to tears with rudeness.

**wrong

I’m not a retailer, but even in Government we still have to deal with the public. I firmly believe that “The customer is always right” is a good attitude for people to take when dealing with the public. As a supervisor however, I never tolerate someone being abusive to my staff.

In my opinion both rules go hand in hand.

Mike

[quote]Answering stupid questions is part of customer service. What dismays me is the rudeness of some people. With the attitude ‘the customers always right’**, I’ve seen way too many harangue staff like complete assholes. 90% of the time there’s a voiced or implied “I shouldn’t have to pay”, or “how dare you make me wait” attitude. I’ve never seen anyone in Vancouver do this, but it seems like half the Fort will walk in at a busy time, stamp their feet or rap their knuckles on the desk if someone is in line in front of them. At least one a week will huff and walk out, then come back and complain because we disabled their Internet for nonpayment “when it was our own fault for only having 2 or 3 people on staff”.
I’ve even tossed a couple out for driving trainees to tears with rudeness.
[/quote]

The flipside of that coin is that I’ve seen far too many salespeople treat their customers like they’re stupid just because they don’t happen to know everything that the staff knows. Most customers lead very busy lives, and have neither the time nor the inclination to learn all the ins and outs of computers. Granted, some customers have far less knowledge than they should to operate computers, and they could certainly do well to at least RTFM, but they’re still your customers, and ultimately, the source of your income.

How would you feel if you went to the doctor’s office and said “I have a pain in my stomach,” and the doctor started getting frustrated because you couldn’t tell if it was appendicitus, a swollen pancreas, or just gas? That’s why you go to the doctor–he’s an expert and you’re not. You need him to answer your questions.

But the worst thing I’ve experienced, and this happened a LOT in Rupert, is the holier-than-thou attitude some salespeople give when you mention you use a system or OS that they don’t like. Case in point: I went to buy a modem years ago when Win 95 was still relatively new. At the time, all hardcore computer users used DOS, and wouldn’t touch Windows with a ten foot pole. I asked them for a plug and play modem that Win 95 would recognize. The salesperson practically laughed at me and called me an idiot for using Win 95.

And they actually expected me to pay them money? No wonder that shop hardly ever had any business!

[quote=“Stardog Champion”] …I asked them for a plug and play modem that Win 95 would recognize. The salesperson practically laughed at me and called me an idiot for using Win 95.

And they actually expected me to pay them money? No wonder that shop hardly ever had any business![/quote]

Creative Computers was open that long ago?? :laughing: :laughing:

People using DOS copped an attitude? Hwah hah hah hah…
Must be the anal types who are still trashing Macs…
Sometimes justice is served. Three disgusting scabby lowlifes that ordered ADSLs from Telus (because even though they’re on strike they’re saving two dollars a month) needed NICs so I didn’t bother to mention the $29 price included installation. I’m sure two will be back because some disembodied voice in New Brunswick tells them the NICs are no good cuz they don’t even know there’s no one to punch the lines down on the VLANs in the .CO. …
(Gee I’m sorry the package has been opened…)

[quote=“smartass”]

[quote=“Stardog Champion”] …I asked them for a plug and play modem that Win 95 would recognize. The salesperson practically laughed at me and called me an idiot for using Win 95.

And they actually expected me to pay them money? No wonder that shop hardly ever had any business![/quote]

Creative Computers was open that long ago?? :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]

No, though you do raise an interesting point.

It seems that when a new computer shop opens up in Rupert, they usually do really well because people are sick of the shitty attitude from the competition. But then when the other shop loses business and/or closes down, the new shop takes on the exact attitude of the old shop. Then someone new comes along to repeat the cycle all over again.

I remember thinking that Creative Computers was really good because Kaien Computer Solutions/Cow Bay Computers had lost all ability to relate to their customers, and Ikon was just too damn expensive. Apparently Creative fell into the same trap that so many businesses do when they have no competitors to keep them in check.

Sad, is it not?

(FYI: the shop I was talking about was actually a tiny place on the corner of 2nd Avenue across from Zeller’s, just down from where Teddy’s is/was. Again, I haven’t been in town for a long time, so I don’t remember what’s still open and what’s not. Either way, this shop was the rare exception in that the salespeople’s attitudes were really bad from the get-go)

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]People using DOS copped an attitude? Hwah hah hah hah…
Must be the anal types who are still trashing Macs…
Sometimes justice is served. Three disgusting scabby lowlifes that ordered ADSLs from Telus (because even though they’re on strike they’re saving two dollars a month) needed NICs so I didn’t bother to mention the $29 price included installation. I’m sure two will be back because some disembodied voice in New Brunswick tells them the NICs are no good cuz they don’t even know there’s no one to punch the lines down on the VLANs in the .CO. …
(Gee I’m sorry the package has been opened…)[/quote]

OK, would someone mind translating that into English for me please? :smiling_imp: