The big religion & politics thread

I think it was alittle jealousey that annuaciation school did so well in the fraser report
dont take it to heart father prince rupert has alot of god loveing people here and welcome
may your stay here be a happy one god has brought you here for a reason.

[quote=“ajaye46”]I think it was alittle jealousey that annuaciation school did so well in the fraser report
dont take it to heart father prince rupert has alot of god loveing people here and welcome
may your stay here be a happy one god has brought you here for a reason.[/quote]

God told me in my dreams he sent a few to break the church’s windows. He did that to show his disapproval.

Annunciation Church and the First United Church are a bit unique in that they are both quite close to direct street access.
A Passer by that felt that he/she needed to ‘vent’ in a quiet area did so. Thankfully the very valuable stained glass window
wasn’t damaged. I don’t think that this was a deliberate act against the Church as such, just a spontaneous act of vandalism.
In any event, welcome to Prince Rupert Father Rabino. I hope your stay here will go well.

Maybe it was a Catholic annoyed by the fact that they didn’t want to loose father Terry. I heard there is a little displeasure in the ranks…

It was probably the drunken rowdies who were screaming from the top of Dead Man’s trail all night. Little forkers!

Who the f*ck vandalizes a church…diplorable!

What/where is dead man’s trail - I get that it is near the church, but exactly where? Never heard of it before.

Dead Man’s is just below the Borden Street park. Often the usual crowd is screaming from either the ridge just in front of the church or they go down the street to the park and scream from there. Occasionally it is both.

Father Terry left the Catholic church 8-9 years ago.I don’t know that they’re still stewing about that!

Diplorable? Whats diplorable is the catholic church’s covering for their homosexual child molesting priests. I found the new priest’s comment that smashing his window is some type of sacrilege discusting, raping children is surely much more of a sacrilege than a broken window in his god’s eyes yeah? The top down approach of protecting the pedophiles in the church clergy rather than protect the member’s children from those demons shows what they are really all about and they have an incredibly long history of this behavior so its not like its some isolated event that doesnt affect the entire church. I hope one of the kids that happened to smashes every window in the building to be quite honest, including the precious stained glass, step aside jesus here comes karma knocking at yer door…er, window.

[quote=“ChrisJ”]

I hope one of the kids that happened to smashes every window in the building to be quite honest, including the precious stained glass, step aside jesus here comes karma knocking at yer door…er, window.[/quote]

Hmmmmm.

Judges, Teachers, Policeman, Priests, Librarians have all had a run in with a pedophile in their ranks. So lets smash the windows out of every courthouse, school, detachment, church and library. What…you own a glass company or somethin’? lol

Maybe it was someone running home to watch Channel 94 on Citywest.

[quote=“grey hair”]

I hope one of the kids that happened to smashes every window in the building to be quite honest, including the precious stained glass, step aside jesus here comes karma knocking at yer door…er, window.

Hmmmmm.

Judges, Teachers, Policeman, Priests, Librarians have all had a run in with a pedophile in their ranks. So lets smash the windows out of every courthouse, school, detachment, church and library. What…you own a glass company or somethin’? lol[/quote]

If their reaction to pedophiles is to help them cover their tracks and avoid being accountable rather than look out for the kids your damn right thats what I recommend, actually I would think a public burning on the cross would be more fitting for the crime but I didnt think you all were quite ready for that! As far as that goes, sure there have been other organizations that have attempted to cover that type of thing up, but thats certainly the exception not the rule where the catholic church is concerned that seems to be exactly what the rule is, concern for the safety of the kids never enters their mind.
Protection of the church itself and as such the priests doing these things is rule #1 for these immoral scumbags, they only want to appear to do the right thing when the cat is already out of the bag, when keeping it under wraps is no longer an option, burn them on a f***ing cross I say and if yer librarian is doing that same shit burn them too.

[quote=“grey hair”]

Father Terry left the Catholic church 8-9 years ago.I don’t know that they’re still stewing about that![/quote]

OK - my memory is poor - anyway, the guy who just left - Chris was it???

I heard they already put the run on one Asian priest awhile back.

[quote=“ChrisJ”]

If their reaction to pedophiles is to help them cover their tracks and avoid being accountable rather than look out for the kids your damn right thats what I recommend, actually I would think a public burning on the cross would be more fitting for the crime but I didnt think you all were quite ready for that! As far as that goes, sure there have been other organizations that have attempted to cover that type of thing up, but thats certainly the exception not the rule where the catholic church is concerned that seems to be exactly what the rule is, concern for the safety of the kids never enters their mind.
Protection of the church itself and as such the priests doing these things is rule #1 for these immoral scumbags, they only want to appear to do the right thing when the cat is already out of the bag, when keeping it under wraps is no longer an option, burn them on a f***ing cross I say and if yer librarian is doing that same shit burn them too.[/quote]

I agree with you about the adherence to rule #1

There have been many revelations over the years about women, some married, having children by their friendly local spiritual advisor and the church protecting these priests from a legal system trying to hold them financially responsible for their children.

I began my spiritual life as a searcher; now I’m questioning whether religion is, in balance, a net force for good.

Yes, religion can be a positive force in some individuals’ lives. I’ve seen the same epiphany in a guy who threw his face at a fist.

Both follow the same rules:

1. Apply lesson

2. Repeat as necessary

[quote=“mossINmyTOES”]

Father Terry left the Catholic church 8-9 years ago.I don’t know that they’re still stewing about that!

OK - my memory is poor - anyway, the guy who just left - Chris was it???

I heard they already put the run on one Asian priest awhile back.[/quote]

Wow, you should come to church for a while before you start pretending you know what is going on. The Asian Priest you so casualy dispel out of the ranks is actualy a Brother in the Catholic Church and was only here for a very short time as part of his internship. As for the rest of what happens in the churches in Prince Rupert stick to what you know of your own church, at least then your quotes will at least sound inteligent.

No, my info is accurate - it wasn’t the brother - brothers don’t replace priests.

I’m sitting here giggling at the fact that someone who attends church is calling someone else stupid…

And now I’m waiting for this to go into the wasteland. WHEEEE.

I don’t see how believing in God is stupid.

When you find a beautiful, incredibly complex object in assume someone made it and put it there, right? None of us would assume that something came from nothing. So why is it stupid to apply that same logic to the universe?

[quote=“eccentric”]I don’t see how believing in God is stupid.

When you find a beautiful, incredibly complex object in assume someone made it and put it there, right? None of us would assume that something came from nothing. So why is it stupid to apply that same logic to the universe?[/quote]

I never said anything about believing in god…
You don’t have to go to church to believe in god do you?